+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Labour Party Security firms

Re: Labour Party Security firms

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    G4S were told they werent allowed to tender for the Labour Party Security contract, then I think the next firm lined up had a dispute with the GMB, it looked like there was no other company available - but Labour saved the day when they hired OCS a company that extensively uses ZERO HOUR contracts, I havent seen any demonstrations on this yet though......

From The Guardian :-
    "G4S had been the regular contractor for Labour conferences, but last year the party’s national executive committee (NEC) voted to boycott the company because of its links to prisons in Israel. The only other firm to bid for the contract, Showsec, does not recognise trade unions, and the GMB union threatened to stage a picket if Labour used it."

"Labour delegates will be screened and protected by staff under a form of employment that Corbyn has condemned as exploitative and promised to scrap."

"In 2013 a Labour member of the London assembly, Fiona Twycross, said it was “disgraceful” that the capital’s then mayor, Boris Johnson, allowed City Hall staff to be employed on zero-hours contracts, among them catering contractors from OCS."

Double standards - certainly not

So how will 'the members' feel about using people
    I think it is probably more likely a completely unorganised cock up (like everything that comes from Labour HQ) rather than double standards.

Banned

Re: Labour Party Security firms

Piss up and brewery come to mind