+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Marshall out of the squad today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marshall out of the squad today?

Sky Sports in their report say he's been withdrawn from today's game.

Others say he'll play his last game today.

Been a great keeper for us.

Re: Marshall out of the squad today?

If he's being sold then why the hell would he play one last game?

I know keepers are less likely to get injured but I don't see the point in taking the risk.

If he's definitely being sold then I cannot see him playing today. I'm really disappointed to see him leave but i get the reality of living within our means. I assume this means that another keeper will be coming in, maybe Sam Johnstone on loan as we were rumoured to be after him a couple of days ago?

Sam Johnstone has signed for notts forest season long loan or so they say!
    Sky are reporting that Marshall is not in the squad today and that we have accepted a bid of £3.5m, but if he has been sold then there is no way sky would know the figure, I reckon if he is sold the fee will be undisclosed

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Sky are reporting that Marshall is not in the squad today and that we have accepted a bid of £3.5m, but if he has been sold then there is no way sky would know the figure, I reckon if he is sold the fee will be undisclosed
    I saw a claim on **** that Johnstone had signed for Forest - but can't see any press reports to support that - and nothing official. The most recent press item I have seen says Cardiff are a more likely destination:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/8203-n...il/story.html?

What a shambles!!
    We sell the cover goalie last week and now the first choice this week?
    Laughing stock we are.
    Choo delman and tan "............hilarious!!.......... If it wasnt so tragic for us

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    What a shambles!!
    We sell the cover goalie last week and now the first choice this week?
    Laughing stock we are.
    Choo delman and tan "............hilarious!!.......... If it wasnt so tragic for us
    You sound like my kids used to when they were very young and I told them they couldn't have something. They've since grown up and realised how the world works. I'm looking forward to this moment happening for you so you won't be so upset all the time.

If he is out of the squad then it will be Wilson in goals as Amos didn't sign in time

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    You sound like my kids used to when they were very young and I told them they couldn't have something. They've since grown up and realised how the world works. I'm looking forward to this moment happening for you so you won't be so upset all the time.
    You complete plank.......name me another club that sells both its first team goalies in 7 days one on a match day and ends up replacing them with a loanee from a div one team. WE ARE A SHAMBLES !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I seriously hope we have not accepted 3.5M.
    Every article I have read states 5M, which I think is decent business, but suspect if it is the lower figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Sky Sports in their report say he's been withdrawn from today's game.

Others say he'll play his last game today.

Been a great keeper for us.
    He might look back on his last two seasons here with regret. He should have stayed in the Premier League when we dropped out.
    It's great to see loyalty and honour in the modern era. I'd have been happy to see him leave long ago for the sake of his own career.
    Good luck to him, he will be very fondly remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    He might look back on his last two seasons here with regret. He should have stayed in the Premier League when we dropped out.
    It's great to see loyalty and honour in the modern era. I'd have been happy to see him leave long ago for the sake of his own career.

Seems like a man with his feet firmly on the ground and who puts his family's well-being before riches. Marshall's wife is very settled here and so are his kids, that's common knowledge.
    However, he's in the twilight of his career, hopefully this move will set him up for good. You won't hear any sob-stories from Marshall in years to come as to how he's skint and blew it all, unlike so many modern footballers..

Thanks Marshall, great professional and servant of this club!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Seems like a man with his feet firmly on the ground and who puts his family's well-being before riches. Marshall's wife is very settled here and so are his kids, that's common knowledge.
    However, he's in the twilight of his career, hopefully this move will set him up for good. You won't hear any sob-stories from Marshall in years to come as to how he's skint and blew it all, unlike so many modern footballers..

Thanks Marshall, great professional and servant of this club!
    Twilight !!! He's only 31. We're doomed!

On a serious note whilst I'm disappointed, he deserves another shot at the Prem. just a shame it's Hull.

Good keepers are few & far between, City's next move for a keeper is crucial. Dimi it is then

Then I hope we've the balls to say Marshall has to play - he's still our player at this moment in time
    It's generally an accepted part of contract talks and the selling club would be stupid to play someone who is leaving. We decide to sell, the cash is halfway through the door and we risk it for one game early in the season when a slight strain could scupper the deal?
    Nah, I wouldn't play him.

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    Agree with this, it's just surprising we had two extra seasons from him as he's our only Premiership level player.

Surprised Sunderland haven't got involved too, both clubs though take him back closer to home and to the level he deserves to be.

Was it 2 years ago some were rating him at £15m though?
    Never thought that was realistic but £7-8m would have been about right imo.

Good luck Marshall

Wilson starts in goal according to the BBC, Amos on bench.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    You complete plank.......name me another club that sells both its first team goalies in 7 days one on a match day and ends up replacing them with a loanee from a div one team. WE ARE A SHAMBLES !!!!
    I rest my case. You're not very bright and should stop embarrassing yourself. We clearly weren't intending to sell Marshall but someone finally bid for him what we needed. That's life and you get on with it.

Others might argue that we've had the best of Marshall and this was a good deal. Not me but that's just my opinion. You'll whinge about anything.

I rest my case. You're not very bright and should stop embarrassing yourself. We clearly weren't intending to sell Marshall but someone finally bid for him what we needed. That's life and you get on with it.

Others might argue that we've had the best of Marshall and this was a good deal. Not me but that's just my opinion. You'll whinge about anything.
    Yeah Chepstow - stop whinging. You've paid £x to see a team that has sold it's two best goal keepers in the space of seven days. If anything, you should be writing a thank-you e-mail to Tan for having the foresight to sell £4m worth of goalkeepers in the space of a week. That £4m is badly needed to pay for the financial mess that the club is in, of course through no fault of Vincent Tan.

Im not very bright!!.........when did you arrive back from planet zog? You do realise you have to have a goalie in the team and you think its ok to sell both first keepers at the same time " because the price is right" ........ Hilarious you couldnt make it up