+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great way to get the crowds back!!

Great way to get the crowds back!!

Sell your best player and captain to Premier League relegation fodder. Well done city.

Re: Great way to get the crowds back!!

Maybe, just maybe, as a result of the crowds not coming back we have to sell players to bring in funds.

The introduction of Amos, Bennett, Richards and Huws means we now have a younger, cheaper first team squad. This has been helped by the reintroduction of players like John and Harris. These players must be hungry to establish themselves as top level Championship footballers. Hopefully, this will lead to success for the City.

The loss of higher payed, older team players and squad players not deemed good enough or with the wrong attitude are inevitable in a time of evolution. We certainly in a period of evolution, with much less cash available due to understandable financial constraints and dwindling attendances.

I would like to see a couple of young attacking players brought in on loan or flow transfers fees to add a little more pace to our attacking play. I must admit I would like to see Tom Lawrence return, we did not see the best of him last year and he has a point to prove at this stage of his career.

The bottom line is about performances and results. Trollope must make the most of the available resources and produce both entertaining and productive football from his team. Only then, will respectable crowds return to the Cardiff City Stadium.

We should go back to red, I seem to recall lot's of games were sold out then. Flipping heck, even Kinnock turned up for games!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post
    The introduction of Amos, Bennett, Richards and Huws means we now have a younger, cheaper first team squad. This has been helped by the reintroduction of players like John and Harris. These players must be hungry to establish themselves as top level Championship footballers. Hopefully, this will lead to success for the City.

The loss of higher payed, older team players and squad players not deemed good enough or with the wrong attitude are inevitable in a time of evolution. We certainly in a period of evolution, with much less cash available due to understandable financial constraints and dwindling attendances.

I would like to see a couple of young attacking players brought in on loan or flow transfers fees to add a little more pace to our attacking play. I must admit I would like to see Tom Lawrence return, we did not see the best of him last year and he has a point to prove at this stage of his career.

The bottom line is about performances and results. Trollope must make the most of the available resources and produce both entertaining and productive football from his team. Only then, will respectable crowds return to the Cardiff City Stadium.
    Hopefully we have seen something others haven't but Amos (second choice at Bolton), Bennett (third choice at Villa), Richards (deemed less valuable than Malone) are more Hudson and Marshall signings than Andre Gray's.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Hopefully we have seen something others haven't but Amos (second choice at Bolton), Bennett (third choice at Villa), Richards (deemed less valuable than Malone) are more Hudson and Marshall signings than Andre Gray's.
    Andre Gray was once released by Shrewsbury Town as a youngster. Warburton must be applauded for taking a risk on him at Brentford after his goal scoring exploits at Luton. Obviously, players like Gray, Vardy and the lad at Bournemouth are out there. Are the City actively looking for them? I doubt we have the scouting structure to identify them. Teams like Brentford are geographically located close to many very good lower league teams and the cost of scouting these type of players is lower.

What I was trying to say, was that City need to reduce both the average age and wage of the first team squad and remain competitive in the Championship to increase revenue through attendance. It appears of me the strategy adopted by our recruitment team, is to sign young players who have spent many years in the development squads of Premier League teams who have yet to fulfil their potential.

Hopefully, under the guidance of Trollope and Lawrence they retain the desire to become top professionals that will bring success to the club.

I fully expect that the squad we are assembling have a great chance of getting us out of this division come May............

We haven't sold Whittingham?

Andre Gray was once released by Shrewsbury Town as a youngster. Warburton must be applauded for taking a risk on him at Brentford after his goal scoring exploits at Luton. Obviously, players like Gray, Vardy and the lad at Bournemouth are out there. Are the City actively looking for them? I doubt we have the scouting structure to identify them. Teams like Brentford are geographically located close to many very good lower league teams and the cost of scouting these type of players is lower.

What I was trying to say, was that City need to reduce both the average age and wage of the first team squad and remain competitive in the Championship to increase revenue through attendance. It appears of me the strategy adopted by our recruitment team, is to sign young players who have spent many years in the development squads of Premier League teams who have yet to fulfil their potential.

Hopefully, under the guidance of Trollope and Lawrence they retain the desire to become top professionals that will bring success to the club.
    Thank you for expanding but I understood your point and was trying to give and additional view rather than challenge or confuse matters. For me Andre Gray was the player going from Brentford to Burnley as a high fee, high scoring player rather than the Gray who went to Brentford from somewhere much lower. I was trying to say that players who don't set social media alight can be very strong and very influential nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I fully expect that the squad we are assembling have a great chance of getting us out of this division come May............
    Yeah to league one

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Yeah to league one
    Meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

It appears of me the strategy adopted by our recruitment team, is to sign young players who have spent many years in the development squads of Premier League teams who have yet to fulfil their potential.
    How does Gounongbe fit into the picture? What was the 'strategy' adopted when he was recruited?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    How does Gounongbe fit into the picture? What was the 'strategy' adopted when he was recruited?
    Gounongbe appears to be a low cost gamble to solve a perceived, now to all apparent goal scoring problem within the squad. He had a reasonable record in Belgium and has the required physical attributes to succeed. Unfortunately, the technical demands of playing in the Championship appear to be too much for him at present. It may well be that with a little more time and confidence he can make a contribution, time and patience are required to answer that question.

His signing and that of Zahore also placed pressure on Le Fondre and Macheda to urge their agents to find alternative clubs and lighten the burden their wages present to a club faced with financial constraints.

Obviously, their signings also gave support to the concept of Tan's family of European club's as a pool of talent to be exploited. In any business it is vital to give some sort of credence to the concepts that form part of the leaders' vision.

Every club at any level must have a number of facets to their recruitment strategy. Personally, the disappointment of Slade's regime was his inability to exploit his knowledge of leagues 1 and 2 as a source of young, exciting players. We bought Doyle from Chesterfield, yet both Clucus and Morssy were younger players with great potential in that Chesterfield side.

Up or down?