+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese football continues to rise

Re: Chinese football continues to rise

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    while signing these " past it players " raises the profile of the game, it really does very little to improve the game itself ( unless it is of a dire standard )
    Do you think Oscar is past it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Just been confirmed that Oscar (the footballer, not the muppet that lives in a bin) is off there in January to earn 400k a week.

Also it's being reported that Tevez will be next on £600k a week.

I'm assuming financial fair play isn't relevant over there?
    FFP is/was uefa.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Do you think Oscar is past it?
    no, but this thread has plenty of other players listed, would you prefer me to call them " senior players "

but even in the case of Oscar, is he really going to improve the game that much ? ? ? chances are he will just run riot and make the game slightly one sided, thus not really improving the game either

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He should. What's the point of him as a professional if he doesn't?
    Yes he should, but he's also only human.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    no, but this thread has plenty of other players listed, would you prefer me to call them " senior players "

but even in the case of Oscar, is he really going to improve the game that much ? ? ? chances are he will just run riot and make the game slightly one sided, thus not really improving the game either
    Ah ok, this thread was bumped with Oscar so I thought you meant him.

Any player that goes to China is going for one thing only. Is there really much difference between £200k a week and £400k a week in how much it will improve your lifestyle?

When you are at that level it would surely be about pushing yourself how far your talent will take you and quite frankly any player that moves to the Chinese league has given up on that.

It's comparable to the MLS for me and won't ever match the major European leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Any player that goes to China is going for one thing only. Is there really much difference between £200k a week and £400k a week in how much it will improve your lifestyle?

When you are at that level it would surely be about pushing yourself how far your talent will take you and quite frankly any player that moves to the Chinese league has given up on that.

It's comparable to the MLS for me and won't ever match the major European leagues
    Why do millionaires want to be billionaires? There's a huge difference between 200k and 400k. Maybe not to us but if your contemporaries are on 200k and you have a chance to 'move ahead'...

I don't know if this is true for Oscar, but lots of players who come from poor backgrounds share their wealth so that would make a very big difference too.

Axel Witsel the latest to be signed. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-spending.html

Since this was last bumped John Obi Mikel has also gone out there and Diego Costa looks like he won't be leaving.

Yaya Toure turned down 430k a week.

Wonder if I can't spell Malkey will get a gig out there.

Chinese football is awash with money yet our government gives a Chinese football team £3m from our foreign aid budget. You could't make it up.

I think its great what they are doing. Exactly what the Premier league do to the rest of Europe. What i love more though is people bitching and moaning about it.

Soon our 7 years old will be working 15 hour days making Chinese replica football shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I think its great what they are doing. Exactly what the Premier league do to the rest of Europe. What i love more though is people bitching and moaning about it.

Soon our 7 years old will be working 15 hour days making Chinese replica football shirts.
    Agree. You see players like Shaqiri leaving Inter Milan for Stoke - is there really much difference?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post

Excellent ,get them down the mines as well?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Agree. You see players like Shaqiri leaving Inter Milan for Stoke - is there really much difference?
    Exactly and players like Gary Medel to Cardiff City

It's a bit different though. We've got the history and tradition. And the rest of the team are highly skilled professionals. There's an article on BBC about a guy who never played higher than Sunday leagues and he's starting every week..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    It's a bit different though. We've got the history and tradition. And the rest of the team are highly skilled professionals. There's an article on BBC about a guy who never played higher than Sunday leagues and he's starting every week..
    It's not exactly the same, no. There was never a shortage of history and tradition here but the influx of foreigners into the Premier League only started when the money shot up. The two situations are probably a little closer than most of us would care to admit. After all, how excited did the media get when people like Klinsmann and Bergkamp arrived?

Just found the BBC article, interesting read. That's a guy who was in the right place at the right time.

Ok, this doesn't add up. The BBC article on Jack Sealy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...sh-born-player

"Spells at Bristol Manor Farm, Shortwood Town and Pucklechurch Sports all came before his move to the Far East.

"As far as my football career in England goes there was never really anything there," he tells Newsbeat.

"I played for my university team and just dabbled in the local football when I could."

He moved to Hong Kong and got citizenship there.

That meant Jack qualified as a Chinese national under Super League rules"

His wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Sealy

"Jack Sealy is the son of former Queen's Park Rangers and Eastern player Tony Sealy. He was born in England and qualifies to play for the Hong Kong national football team as a local player in the Hong Kong First Division League.[1] From an early age he represented the Hong Kong Football Club and by the age of 12 was playing football in adult social leagues, the Yau Yee League, before making the step up to the Hong Kong Second Division at the age of 16.[2]"

It seems the only time he spent in the UK was university.
    Last edited by lardy; 18-01-17 at 14:23.

The ridiculous figures being thrown around in the CSL will bring an end to the financial fair play rules in Europe pretty sharpish unless FIFA bring it in globally