+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese football continues to rise

Chinese football continues to rise

Pellegrini has just taken up a management job, I'd love to know how much he is getting paid

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37...linkname=sport

Re: Chinese football continues to rise

He's not joining a high-profile team neither.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    He's not joining a high-profile team neither.
    Bloody hell, I just read Levezzi is out there playing for them (old news now I know). Chinese football is going to be massive if this trend continues. The sooner the local young Chinese lads start matching the level of say, Championship players, Europe is going to have a major competitor that's for sure.

Search Guangzhou Evergrande. A team packed full of international and local talent. You could say, Asia's first ever super club.

Search Guangzhou Evergrande. A team packed full of international and local talent. You could say, Asia's first ever super club.
    Guangzhou Evergrande are ridiculously rich, they could probably blow most big European teams out of the water when it comes to spending power. However, the grassroots of football in China are like that of a third world country - no structure in the schools, parents have to pay privately for their children to play outside of school hours. Plus, the Chinese education program is so demanding of students that they simply don't have the spare time to practice football.
    Typically, high-school students will have their first lesson at 7.20am and finish at 10pm in the evening and then go home to do a couple of hours of homework .... oh, and school on Saturday too!

There are no foundations being laid for the game at school level, I don't see that changing any time soon. There are hardly any full-size football fields here, those that they do have are in a pitiful state.
    China is football crazy, but just like their unstructured setup for basketball (hugely popular too) it will be a long time before its national team are a force to be reckoned with.

I have no interest in it.
    Don't even like the food to much MSG

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Guangzhou Evergrande are ridiculously rich, they could probably blow most big European teams out of the water when it comes to spending power. However, the grassroots of football in China are like that of a third world country - no structure in the schools, parents have to pay privately for their children to play outside of school hours. Plus, the Chinese education program is so demanding of students that they simply don't have the spare time to practice football.
    Typically, high-school students will have their first lesson at 7.20am and finish at 10pm in the evening and then go home to do a couple of hours of homework .... oh, and school on Saturday too!

There are no foundations being laid for the game at school level, I don't see that changing any time soon. There are hardly any full-size football fields here, those that they do have are in a pitiful state.
    China is football crazy, but just like their unstructured setup for basketball (hugely popular too) it will be a long time before its national team are a force to be reckoned with.

That is crazy. No wonder companies like Apple don't worry when they work their workers to death out there.

Watched one game the other week.

Their market is frightening and far exceeds the premier league.

The crowd was awesome as well. A huge stadium with a running track and it was still full.

China is bigger than the MLS already for trying to compete with Europe.

Makes me wonder if Sky are dumb. If they want to protect the premier league they will avoid giving it air time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Bloody hell, I just read Levezzi is out there playing for them (old news now I know). Chinese football is going to be massive if this trend continues. The sooner the local young Chinese lads start matching the level of say, Championship players, Europe is going to have a major competitor that's for sure.
    I'm sure levezzi is now the highest paid footballer in the world

Good point made above ... about school hours and lack of time for hobbies and lack of organised sports competitions at grassroots. That was the reason why Team GB, with, approximately, ten basketball players was able to overcome Team China, with hundreds of millions of basketball 'enthusiasts' ..at London 2012. Having said that, Teams like Guangzhou, Shanghai SIPG and Beijing Guoan do have full-time academies with some of the best youngsters scouted from (previous) schools and through trials. I'm pretty sure that the Guangzhou football school has around 10,000 full-time students and growing.

Villas-Boas now manager of Shanghai and set to sign Oscar from Chelsea for 60m in January.

They already have Hulk in the team

If they work such long hours in school , how are they so good at ping pong ?

Sky are dumb enough to cover some of the league games there as well.

The league is unknown now but their market far exceeds ours.

The premier league will not be dominant forever.

Maybe that is to our benefit!.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Sky are dumb enough to cover some of the league games there as well.

The league is unknown now but their market far exceeds ours.

The premier league will not be dominant forever.

Maybe that is to our benefit!.
    The standard of football is shit though, and they're only allowed 5 foreign players. It might get better but as the above has said, they've got a long way to go.

Chinese football should stay in China because like most things Chinese will be corrupt. As for Chinese taking over our clubs, are we stupid? they take great pride in lying to us and can only harm UK football clubs.

I saw a Chinese team play FC Seoul out here in Korea in he Asian champions league

I'd say the Korean league is on a par with league 1 and even then FC Seoul aren't the best team in the league and this Chinese side (the one managed by magrth with Pelle in) got absolutely thrashed. Pelle looked so labored, disinterested and off the pace. It looks like a total career killer going over there

I'd say it's like what the MLS was in the mid 90s

Also, changing the subject slightly to Korean football. Our Kimbo is current top scorer in the FIFA world club cup (although his team are out and Real Madrid haven't even played yet)

First goal in each;
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_uO1XjxMok

https://youtu.be/h1hHv1Ao5WA

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    I saw a Chinese team play FC Seoul out here in Korea in he Asian champions league

I'd say the Korean league is on a par with league 1 and even then FC Seoul aren't the best team in the league and this Chinese side (the one managed by magrth with Pelle in) got absolutely thrashed. Pelle looked so labored, disinterested and off the pace. It looks like a total career killer going over there

I'd say it's like what the MLS was in the mid 90s
    Pelle is 31 and the fifth highest paid player on the world (apparently). Does he care if he wins the league or not? He gets a fortune regardless.

I don't really blame him for moving there but what you say doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I have no interest in it.
    Don't even like the food to much MSG

.. is the root of all evil.

Paulinho and Jackson Martinez joined after poor seasons in European football.

Chinese football is spending big money and attracting very recognisable name, I'm not sure how much it invests in coaching and youth development but if it's a similar level then it's on the way to being huge.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Pelle is 31 and the fifth highest paid player on the world (apparently). Does he care if he wins the league or not? He gets a fortune regardless.

I don't really blame him for moving there but what you say doesn't surprise me.
    He should. What's the point of him as a professional if he doesn't?

Just been confirmed that Oscar (the footballer, not the muppet that lives in a bin) is off there in January to earn 400k a week.

Also it's being reported that Tevez will be next on £600k a week.

I'm assuming financial fair play isn't relevant over there?

Ricardo Quaresma also being reported as the next one to go.

while signing these " past it players " raises the profile of the game, it really does very little to improve the game itself ( unless it is of a dire standard )