+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 READING. MATCHDAY THREAD

Re: CARDIFF CITY v READING. MATCHDAY THREAD

What happened in the second half? We could have been two up at half-time but I don't think we had a shot on target in the second 45.

One thing is for sure. PT is acutely aware of our pathetic attempts up front but what is happening ?
    We have spent months (not too mention a lot of money) trying to offload Macheda and ALF. There is a strong likeleyhood that we may be paying up their contracts as with Dicgacol.
    Yet we have made the same mistakes again. I can see both Zahore and Gounngbe being surplus to requirements at the end of this season just because we cannot recognise a decent striker.

Add to this the fact that the crowds will be dwindling even further.

I want to show patience but we really do seem to be lurching into the same mistakes time and again.

We'll have to knock ccs down and rebuild ninian park soon

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    What happened in the second half? We could have been two up at half-time but I don't think we had a shot on target in the second 45.
    I have mentioned this before but I firmly believe that opposition teams get a half time message to push forward and take more control as it becomes patently obvious that we cannot hurt teams

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    One thing is for sure. PT is acutely aware of our pathetic attempts up front but what is happening ?
    We have spent months (not too mention a lot of money) trying to offload Macheda and ALF. There is a strong likeleyhood that we may be paying up their contracts as with Dicgacol.
    Yet we have made the same mistakes again. I can see both Zahore and Gounngbe being surplus to requirements at the end of this season just because we cannot recognise a decent striker.

Add to this the fact that the crowds will be dwindling even further.

I want to show patience but we really do seem to be lurching into the same mistakes time and again.
    Zohore and Fred are surplus now. How either can take a salary as a footballer defies belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Zohore and Fred are surplus now. How either can take a salary as a footballer defies belief.
    We are a striker away from being half-decent. What a pity it's the most expensive position on the pitch and we are not looking to spend any money.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 READING. MATCHDAY THREAD

I thought we played well today and were by the far the more penetrative team but Immers is off his game and Ralls is just not at the game at all. This leaves us seriously lacking when it comes to getting forward but we still managed some far better chances than we had in the previous two matches

Reading never looked like scoring but somehow did. Manga needs to go back to the basics of defending - he's really our weakest link at the back now, and every time he gets the ball he looks like making a mistake or wrong decision.

I agree with others that we're a good attacker away from being a decent side but without that attacker we're going to be in for a very frustrating season

Kadeem was excellent again today, as were Whitts and Gunnarsson. Gunnars going off for Noone was an attacking move that back-fired as they picked it up more than we did towards the end.

Onwards and upwards - be interesting to see whether we achieve any decent signings in the next few days - but I'm not expecting any

It's pretty dire at the moment isn't it, selling Marshall is just the cherry on top

We are going to struggle badly this year unless we find a bit of goals and pace in the next few days

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    dickagoi managed it ok.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...ff-0-1-reading

Highlights indicate what the stats also suggest: good enough to be ahead by half-time but we didn't show up for the second 45.

Inexperience from Wilson and Harris played its part in Reading getting on top but more experienced staff members may wish to reflect more on why the second half was so much poorer generally.

Macheda and Alf are decent players who can't be arsed.
    Fred and Zohore are crap players who can't be arsed.

I thought we started quite well yesterday, but Pilkngton and Immers aren't strikers, Jazz Richards isn't a wing back but that's another story.

But at least we created some chances.

Second half we simply ran out of ideas, no pace at all apart from Harris, and precious little guts and commitment on display.

I hope I'm wrong, but we are in for a long relegation battle imho