+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No motivation, no leadership

No motivation, no leadership

Our club is a mess at present and it's 100% down to greedy Tan. Poor attendances, poor atmosphere, best players leaving. Great business model Tan.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!

Re: No motivation, no leadership

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    Our club is a mess at present and it's 100% down to greedy Tan. Poor attendances, poor atmosphere, best players leaving. Great business model Tan.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!
    Not sure it is 100%. He has given plenty of money to so called "football men" who have made a lot of shit decisions.
    I do agree that Dalman does not demonstrate club leadership and Tan should actively be at the club, even if it is only monthly matches that coincide with board meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post

CRAP!!!!!!!!!
    Yes the Club is in a mess and on a downward spiral, but I wouldn't say Tan is greedy after splashing out over £100 million. Problem was he trusted people who took him for a ride, now we're paying the price for that. Greedy no, naive definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Yes the Club is in a mess and on a downward spiral, but I wouldn't say Tan is greedy after splashing out over £100 million. Problem was he trusted people who took him for a ride, now we're paying the price for that. Greedy no, naive definitely.
    Good points and well made. It's going to be a boring long hard season.

Good god how is it always Tan's fault when things don't go our way. We played some decent football but the final ball was atrocious I think at this point we need an experienced manager and hate to say it but I think we could do a lot worse and get Colin wanker in

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Are we re-writing history again? We went from a situation where the board reportedly didn't meet at all (poor management from the top) to a really poor Malky window to Tan expressing that he would be directly involved in transfer windows and we would not waste money like that again, before a couple of really poor windows. Unless we are still saying that all our problems have been from that one Malky window then Tan's mismanagement has wasted the money he put up and not purely because he trusted the wrong people.

I don't think you can blame Tan for current attendances or atmosphere. He's allowed for many bridges to be rebuilt after the above and while we are in a transitional season on the pitch we could be in a place to really develop this club for the better. You may not like the current plan but there are many good points to it.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Are we re-writing history again? We went from a situation where the board reportedly didn't meet at all (poor management from the top) to a really poor Malky window to Tan expressing that he would be directly involved in transfer windows and we would not waste money like that again, before a couple of really poor windows. Unless we are still saying that all our problems have been from that one Malky window then Tan's mismanagement has wasted the money he put up and not purely because he trusted the wrong people.

I don't think you can blame Tan for current attendances or atmosphere. He's allowed for many bridges to be rebuilt after the above and while we are in a transitional season on the pitch we could be in a place to really develop this club for the better. You may not like the current plan but there are many good points to it.
    Have I blamed Tan? The OP was about his greed and being blamed for the mess the Club now appear to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Not sure it is 100%. He has given plenty of money to so called "football men" who have made a lot of shit decisions.
    I do agree that Dalman does not demonstrate club leadership and Tan should actively be at the club, even if it is only monthly matches that coincide with board meetings.
    Who lost control of the spending? Who saw £100m of investment evaporate into thin air barely 2 years after it was invested? Who has invested £100m to turn a club from a constant promotion chasing team in the Championship into a team that, on first impressions, will do well to retain their Championship status this season?

Is Tan greedy? No, he isn't. Is he clueless. Yes, in my opinion the most out of touch, clueless and inept owner in the club's history. The other owners have the defense of being skint.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Who lost control of the spending? Who saw £100m of investment evaporate into thin air barely 2 years after it was invested? Who has invested £100m to turn a club from a constant promotion chasing team in the Championship into a team that, on first impressions, will do well to retain their Championship status this season?

Is Tan greedy? No, he isn't. Is he clueless. Yes, in my opinion the most out of touch, clueless and inept owner in the club's history. The other owners have the defense of being skint.
    I doubt very much we would have a club if it was not for Tan

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I doubt very much we would have a club if it was not for Tan
    That's your opinion, it isn't fact. Maybe Mackay would have built a cheap play-off winning side in 2012/13. The other guy - Ghee - seemed to be steering Cardiff into steady calm waters.

That's your opinion, it isn't fact. Maybe Mackay would have built a cheap play-off winning side in 2012/13. The other guy - Ghee - seemed to be steering Cardiff into steady calm waters.
    The hmrc was banging on our door every week

The hmrc was banging on our door every week
    They may have been, but I'm not convinced that the club would have ceased to exist.

They may have been, but I'm not convinced that the club would have ceased to exist.
    We certainly would've gone in to administration and that would've been the end of us imo

We all saw the lad who should be leading us on the field last night...... Playing for burton. He showed more guts determination and commitment than all those 11 today put together

We certainly would've gone in to administration and that would've been the end of us imo
    Maybe admin would have made the club stronger, with a fan presence in the board room?

Maybe admin would have made the club stronger, with a fan presence in the board room?
    I don't think we would've recovered and would've sunk like a stone

I don't think we would've recovered and would've sunk like a stone
    Thats whats happening now!!

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Thats whats happening now!!

Unbelievable.

Bet Sam and Ridders are down a local soup kitchen tonight.

Good god how is it always Tan's fault when things don't go our way. We played some decent football but the final ball was atrocious I think at this point we need an experienced manager and hate to say it but I think we could do a lot worse and get Colin wanker in
    When did this happen exactly?????

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    When did this happen exactly?????
    The warm-up

21st December 2013.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLBAR3G-bJM
    My last motivation & inspiration