+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HRK

HRK

I presume Trollope knows him well so the only reason we haven't signed him is:

1 he's Rubbish
    2 his attitude is crap

Money can't be an issue surely as even if his wages are high we wouldn't pay a fee?

Re: HRK

Quote Originally Posted by EadosEados View Post

1 he's Rubbish
    2 his attitude is crap

Money can't be an issue surely as even if his wages are high we wouldn't pay a fee?

I'll go along with option 1, with a little bit of option 2.

1 he's Rubbish
    2 his attitude is crap

He'll be asking for 30 grand+ I'd imagine, also why would he want to come and play for Cardiff? We're shit, there are way better Championship teams than us and he'll probably end up at a lower end PL side

In my view he is a pretty average player although I fully expected him to have found a club by now. I think it is partly down to him thinking he is better than he actually is & also his agent demanding far too much money. A transfer fee will not be payable but I would expect a hefty signing on fee & inflated wages to be central to the negotiations.

1 he's Rubbish
    2 his attitude is crap

He's going for a premier league club, the reason we haven't gone for him is we've got zero chance of signing him

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He's going for a premier league club, the reason we haven't gone for him is we've got zero chance of signing him
    Thank f*** for that.

I think he'll surprise everyone once he gets a club, he's always had talent but he's never looked after himself well enough.

He honestly looked like he'd lost at least a stone in weight before this summer and was excellent every minute he played for Wales.

Some players improve as they get older and don't always peak at 19-22 and it just clicks for them as they get older. People are too quick to write players off sometimes, look how well bothroyd did for us after a wasted early career.

That's ignoring HRK's good goal scoring record last time he was in the premier league even though he played out wide where he's played most of his career despite having attributes of a more central player.

HRK is so much better than any striker we currently have on our books.

HRK may not score many goals but he does a lot of work and is a very skillful, tricky player. As things stand, I think he's out of our league. We can't afford players of his quality.

Some great points of view over HRK here in this thread.

As things stand - whether it is a good thing or not - I cannot imagine that we are anywhere on the radar, whatsoever.

30k (at least) a week x 52 x 5 years = 7.8 million so transfer fee or not we are not in that league.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    30k (at least) a week x 52 x 5 years = 7.8 million so transfer fee or not we are not in that league.
    Do footballers even get paid in the off-season?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Do footballers even get paid in the off-season?
    Fuuck off you unfunny cuunt

Does anybody know if footballers get paid in between seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    He'll be asking for 30 grand+ I'd imagine, also why would he want to come and play for Cardiff? We're shit, there are way better Championship teams than us and he'll probably end up at a lower end PL side
    Funny how the superstar HRK hasnt been snaffled up by anyone.

Isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

Isnt it?
    Come on Jimmy use your noodles

He's shite, scored four goals last season and the Reading fans hated him. He obviously thinks he's billy big bollocks now he had a good Euros and waiting for someone to match his ridiculous wage demands. His agent obviously released those quite frankly ridiculous rumours linking him to Sevilla and Athletico.

Let me tell you Mr Kanu, you've achieved **** all in this game so far, despite the turn you are no Cruyff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

Isnt it?
    I'm sure he's had plenty of decent offers, Jimmy

Why does everyone hate HRK on here? Do we have a board full of Reading fans all of a sudden?

He's a massive asset in a Welsh shirt, was huge for us in qualifying and the Euro's spoke for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Why does everyone hate HRK on here? Do we have a board full of Reading fans all of a sudden?

He's a massive asset in a Welsh shirt, was huge for us in qualifying and the Euro's spoke for itself.
    I certainly don't hate the guy, as you stated he had a great Euros. There is more to this than meets the eye when a player of his calibre hasnt been signed at this late stage of the window.

I don't hate him but I am a realist and sadly for HRK he's not the superstar striker he thinks he is. I don't care if he's an asset in a Welsh shirt I want an asset in a Cardiff shirt and Kanus record at this level is pitiful.

Banned

HRK scored 7 goals in 25 games in the Prem which proves he is a top striker.
    People who don't think he is worth a chance with us are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    As you are an expert in that department , I bow to your superior knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Since then he's scored 8 goals in three seasons so work that one out numb nuts. Lets sign a guy who was slated by people who watched him every week because he was inadequate and shite. A striker who doesn't score and looks a couple of stone overweight, just what we need.

His two stand out moments in his career have come at the Euros and his one season in the Premier League. Seems he's got a shitty attitude to me and is not prepared to put the graft in week in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Since then he's scored 8 goals in three seasons so work that one out numb nuts. Lets sign a guy who was slated by people who watched him every week because he was inadequate and shite. A striker who doesn't score and looks a couple of stone overweight, just what we need.

His two stand out moments in his career have come at the Euros and his one season in the Premier League. Seems he's got a shitty attitude to me and is not prepared to put the graft in week in week out.
    I dont know this for a fact ...but suspect it may be pretty close to the truth.. played well iin the Euros but still no one is knocking his door down for his signature.

4 Championship goals in the last 2 seasons.