+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Omar Bogle (what, who?)

Omar Bogle (what, who?)

I'll scout a low cost option striker for the club. Last transfer fee £10,000, low wages, 81 goals in 165 games, 23 years old. The next Jamie Vardy.

I've seen him play enough times to know he's a bloody nuisance of a striker who could be a cult hero.

Definitely worth a punt & available for <£100k

Re: Omar Bogle (what, who?)

Out of our price range imo

Sounds like something stuck on the end of your finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I'll scout a low cost option striker for the club. Last transfer fee £10,000, low wages, 81 goals in 165 games, 23 years old. The next Jamie Vardy.

I've seen him play enough times to know he's a bloody nuisance of a striker who could be a cult hero.

Seems to be a right handful.Would be worth a gamble.

3 goals yesterday

He's got an eye for goal and plenty of pace according to the FGR fans I know, exactly what we should be looking for
    Can he make the step up from Grimsby? who knows but worth a punt

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    He's got an eye for goal and plenty of pace according to the FGR fans I know, exactly what we should be looking for
    Can he make the step up from Grimsby? who knows but worth a punt
    Good shout Des. Have you heard something? Apparently Ipswich are having a look.May be another Vardy but I am not sure we can take a chance. We are in desperate need of experience up top.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Good shout Des. Have you heard something? Apparently Ipswich are having a look.May be another Vardy but I am not sure we can take a chance. We are in desperate need of experience up top.
    No I haven't heard anything (no sauces anymore, they moved to Palace).

I've seen Bogle play as many times as Ken & Fred and you can see that he'll get goals wherever he is. He's big, strong, good in the air & with both feet and he gives as good as he gets. No need to "learn" the "English" game, he's come up the hard way. I'm sure a bid of £50k ~ £100k & Grimsby will part with him. If we don't somebody will.

No I haven't heard anything (no sauces anymore, they moved to Palace).

I've seen Bogle play as many times as Ken & Fred and you can see that he'll get goals wherever he is. He's big, strong, good in the air & with both feet and he gives as good as he gets. No need to "learn" the "English" game, he's come up the hard way. I'm sure a bid of £50k ~ £100k & Grimsby will part with him. If we don't somebody will.
    Thanks Des. Interesting player. Can't be any worse than the shite we've signed lately.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Thanks Des. Interesting player. Can't be any worse than the shite we've signed lately.
    He has scored again today.

upload to city management

Eoin Doyle scored 25 goals in 33 games the season we signed him in the league below us.

Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Eoin Doyle scored 25 goals in 33 games the season we signed him in the league below us.

Just saying
    He is young and eager.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

Just saying
    & he was our most prolific goal scorer / minutes on the pitch in the 14/15 league games. Another mystery departure for a player not given a decent chance.

Another two today - at Luton. Considering that Cardiff paid a fee for Lambert, and considering he is likely to be a big earner, maybe Bogle wasn't out of Cardiff's price range?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Another two today - at Luton. Considering that Cardiff paid a fee for Lambert, and considering he is likely to be a big earner, maybe Bogle wasn't out of Cardiff's price range?
    He certainly looks the part would love to give him a chance here.

thought I'd dig out this thread, as I still think he's a missed opportunity.

His value has multiplied 10 fold in 5 months. Rotherham are willing to break their transfer record to get him and the media have linked him with a move to Reading, Norwich, the Jacks & Hull tomorrow.

He's still better than any striker we have!

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...ght=omar+bogle

I was a bit behind you though Des.

Joined Wigan

I'll scout a low cost option striker for the club.Last transfer fee £10,000, low wages, 81 goals in 165 games, 23 years old. The next Jamie Vardy.

Bumping this up as a shout out to Des.

Only 600k and 12 months out but a good shout nonetheless.

Want to tell us who we should sign in august 2018?

African.

thought I'd dig out this thread, as I still think he's a missed opportunity.

His value has multiplied 10 fold in 5 months. Rotherham are willing to break their transfer record to get him and the media have linked him with a move to Reading, Norwich, the Jacks & Hull tomorrow.

He's still better than any striker we have!
    Do you still think that Des?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Do you still think that Des?
    Ooooooo handbags!