I've needed a day to try to get my head around the implications of what could turn out to gbe a watershed day in recent CCFC history. In fact when I heard of Marshall's transfer just before ok it felt like the day Kavanagh was helicoptered off to Wigan, reluctantly, as I believe Marshall has also no major desire to leave.
Then of course the match itself, I expected the worst and got it.
I live away form Cardiff and am not able to get down every week, so this was my first visit this season. I recall last years match. It went much the same way, Reading did all the attacking but looked as if they were never going to score in both games. The big difference was that Immers was on fire that day, he looks a shadow of the player we had such high hopes of.
Defensively we are sound enough, with our new goalie having nothing to do against an average Reading side. Midfield we were shocking, with no pace. What the hell has happened to Ralls and while I think Whitts deserves a place if only for his dead ball delivery he has been found out for pace. Gunnar battles but he rarely finds a decent pass. Up top Pilks is clever but not a goal scorer and despite having several good chances we never looked like hitting the net, apart from one shot from Richards.
We have gone backwards since last year, Reading are average. I fear for our season. We are several players short and I am not sure Trollope is the man to steady the ship.