+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aston Villa bid £20m for Hernandez, Derby bid £14m for Kodjia

Aston Villa bid £20m for Hernandez, Derby bid £14m for Kodjia

https://twitter.com/dr_tonyxia/statu...76981839523840

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/jonatha...ail/story.html

Jesus christ. They scored 20 and 19 goals respectively last year so are clearly quality forwards, but the money in the championship is absurd at the moment. When we were promoted 4 years ago we spent about £10m in total which was seen as a big deal. Only 3 clubs can go up so it'll be interesting to see what happens to the big spenders who don't get promoted.

Re: Aston Villa bid £20m for Hernandez, Derby bid £14m for Kodjia

How the **** are derby within FFP

Derby have just signed Vydra for £8 million . How they have n`t broken the FFP rules is beyond me.

Transfer fees don't hit the 'accounts' (aka Profit and Loss) straight away; for example Vydra signed a 4 year contract so the £8m fee is spread over the length of the contract, meaning they only recognise £2m as 'amortisation' in their accounts this year. If they don't get promoted it will catch up with them eventually because you can only spread the costs for so long.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by dmf1 View Post
    Transfer fees don't hit the 'accounts' (aka Profit and Loss) straight away; for example Vydra signed a 4 year contract so the £8m fee is spread over the length of the contract, meaning they only recognise £2m as 'amortisation' in their accounts this year. If they don't get promoted it will catch up with them eventually because you can only spread the costs for so long.
    I had no idea that was the case.

Our outgoings will appear higher in a sense as all our signings seem to be on three year contracts.

I'm guessing Derby are simply gambling on going up? If they don't, or these big signings get major injuries, they could be in big trouble. They already had a good squad on which to build, but I hope they fail. They are currently on exactly the same points and goal difference as us. I wonder what their accounts will be like if this plan goes tits up.

I fully agree but presume the income from gate receipts at Derby is probably double what we are getting which also improves their position hugely.

so why dont we bid 200m for gareth bale and give him a 200 year contract?

we can waive the sell on clause too

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    I fully agree but presume the income from gate receipts at Derby is probably double what we are getting which also improves their position hugely.
    None of this explains why Derby have been able to spend over £30 million (and make bids of £14 million for a player in the last week it seems) in transfer fees over the fifteen months or so while not receiving any significant transfer income or parachute payments and nobody seems to be bothered about breaches of the FFP rules - Derby do get good crowds, but they would have to have Leeds type support for gate receipts to be able to cover their football budget since the 2014/15 season ended.

https://twitter.com/dr_tonyxia/statu...76981839523840

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/jonatha...ail/story.html

Jesus christ. They scored 20 and 19 goals respectively last year so are clearly quality forwards, but the money in the championship is absurd at the moment. When we were promoted 4 years ago we spent about £10m in total which was seen as a big deal. Only 3 clubs can go up so it'll be interesting to see what happens to the big spenders who don't get promoted.
    Don't feel bad they will be like us soon , over spent , by loony managers, and in debt and done up like a kipper, thank god Tan is steering us back to financial normality .

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    None of this explains why Derby have been able to spend over £30 million (and make bids of £14 million for a player in the last week it seems) in transfer fees over the fifteen months or so while not receiving any significant transfer income or parachute payments and nobody seems to be bothered about breaches of the FFP rules - Derby do get good crowds, but they would have to have Leeds type support for gate receipts to be able to cover their football budget since the 2014/15 season ended.

They've got twice as many season ticket holders than us.
    There fans stuck by them in hard times

Villa have spent over £50 million

For reference, we spent £35 million in our Premier League season...and that was seen as a waste by many.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Villa have spent over £50 million

For reference, we spent £35 million in our Premier League season...and that was seen as a waste by many.
    And transfer fees this summer have practically doubled in the three years since we spent that 35m

Kodjia has signed for Villa for approx £15m

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Kodjia has signed for Villa for approx £15m
    Bonkers

These big money signings for Championship clubs cannot be worth the money or up to much because surely a top flight team here or in Europe will have snapped them up. It's a very dangerous game and I am glad we are staying out of it, only three teams are eligible for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    These big money signings for Championship clubs cannot be worth the money or up to much because surely a top flight team here or in Europe will have snapped them up. It's a very dangerous game and I am glad we are staying out of it, only three teams are eligible for promotion.
    I know Villa and Newcastle are big clubs but I really fear they could have done some real damage to the Championship this summer with the way they have totally inflated the price of players. Most clubs in this divisions turnover is not much more than what they are paying for single players in fees and wages.

It's all very well the Premier League paying ridiculously over the odds on transfers they've got the TV money to do it but these kind of transfer market values cannot be sustained long term in the Championship.

Financial Fair Play? You're having a laugh.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 30-08-16 at 15:27.

its the way of the world, the money is spread unevenly throughout the entire football league, money talks as they say

cardiff lived the dream by playing in red for a season in the top flight but were unable to sustain it , if they had of done i suspect some posters views on here would be entirely different regarding championship clubs and the amount of money available to them.

in the end i suspect the pyramid of clubs with and without the money will all come crashing down eventually, without firm foundations from the bottom tier upwards and a general lack of interest throughout most of the football league, the premier league will die a death eventually. the sky corporation will eventually bore the british public to death parading the same clubs year after year challenging for the major trophies

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    I know Villa and Newcastle are big clubs but I really fear they could have done some real damage to the Championship this summer with the way they have totally inflated the price of players. Most clubs in this divisions turnover is not much more than what they are paying for single players in fees and wages.

It's all very well the Premier League paying ridiculously over the odds on transfers they've got the TV money to do it but these kind of transfer market values cannot be sustained long term in the Championship.

Financial Fair Play? You're having a laugh.
    I am not overly concerned about the future of the Championship but clubs will need to keep their heads and not attempt to match the spending of Newcastle and Villa like Derby seem to be doing. If 20 clubs at this level refuse to pay over the odds then the prices will be forced down again, there's only so many players the bigger clubs can sign.

Truth is Newcastle and Villa will have plenty in the bank and will be able to afford not going up for at least this season and probably next, not sure if Derby can do the same but I would say it's promotion or bust for them right now.