+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OGS article in fourfourtwo

OGS article in fourfourtwo

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/...eddy-half-time

Do you regret going to Cardiff? You were linked to Aston Villa before that – why didn’t you go there instead?

@J__Forrest, via Twitter

I’d had approaches before, but I felt Cardiff was the right time for me. I don’t regret it – stand by your decisions. If they’d known what they know now, maybe they wouldn’t have done it; maybe I wouldn’t have done it. It was a valuable experience, but it didn’t turn out well. I feel bad when I look at the results. It’s hard when you get relegated. But I can look back and say I wasn’t ready. And I never dreaded going into work at Cardiff. Vincent [Tan] and I spoke a lot – that was never an issue. He wanted his team to be successful, and he’s right to do what he wants to do. I wish him all the very best.

Do you regret saying: “Let’s make sure we finish above Swansea” when you arrived?

Huw Mellor, Fernham

That was the aim and I felt we could do it, but we were unlucky because Swansea changed their manager just before we played them. That turned their season, and it probably turned ours as well when we lost at their place. They could have waited another week or so before Garry Monk got the job...

Has your experience with Cardiff put you off managing in the Premier League or Football League again?

@StewartsGloves, via Twitter

I was chasing that career as a manager. This time I’m not looking at that. I’m completely different in my mindset – if it comes, it comes. We got through [the group] in the Europa League: we beat Celtic twice, we won at Fenerbahce, we didn’t lose to Ajax. It was historic – an unbelievable achievement for this club. To have those matches... no disrespect but when you look at some of the Championship teams that I managed against, this is the better option.

Re: OGS article in fourfourtwo

Nice that he's honest about it. Perhaps he'd like to contribute to the wages of some of the crap players he brought in.

I don`t think he was completely useless I think he would have made a cute garden ornament.

I think he wasted a lot of money on players who were never going to work but he is refreshingly honest about his time here when I read his interviews.

Seems a genuine man at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Seems a genuine man at the very least.
    Came across as one of the nicest people in the game. Hopelessly out of his depth, though. There was a rumour that Phelan was going to join him as assistant. I reckon that was exactly what he needed.

utter dog shit