+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: fred or eddie johnson

fred or eddie johnson

who would you choose if you had to pick one. did eddie score? other than the own goal

Re: fred or eddie johnson

Fred was poor yesterday but I'm not gonna write the lad off yet

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    who would you choose if you had to pick one. did eddie score? other than the own goal
    Fred for now.

I hope he finds his feet and his radar. I wasn't at the CCS yesterday but in previous games he has done OK apart from the important bit at the end. If he doesn't step up soon he could be a bigger flop than Eddie - but without the ironic cult hero status.

Of course Eddie scored for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD8j6O0HENc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u86iawtxWmk

Goal machine!

Fred.

People booing Fred yesterday need to take a good, long, hard look at themselves.

Do you think with him struggling for confidence that's what he needs??

You're a ****ing disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    People booing Fred yesterday need to take a good, long, hard look at themselves.

Harsh - but fair

I have thought for a while now that we must have the dullest fans in the league, yesterday confirmed it.
    We've got one striker and we boo him within minutes of coming on to the pitch!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I have thought for a while now that we must have the dullest fans in the league, yesterday confirmed it.
    We've got one striker and we boo him within minutes of coming on to the pitch!
    I couldn't work out of it was my poor stream or not.
    I seen a fellow City fan down the food festival earlier and asked him and he said there was some people in the Canton booing him when he was on the side waiting to come on ffs!!!!

Fred may come good - if he tries.

Eddie was shite, but at least he put a shift in.

Fred will be alright as soon as he gets some decent service.

Any of our strikers will score goals with decent service.

I only heard boo's and abuse for Whittingham from some clown a few rows behind me Saturday, most of the time for not winning the ball in challenges where he had no chance of winning it (but still tried).

Prior to the abuse he had made 2 absolutely outstanding pinpoint passes from which 2 attempts were created. More than could be said for the rest of the team.

Do people just expect Whittingham to all of a sudden be Messi?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Fred will be alright as soon as he gets some decent service.

Any of our strikers will score goals with decent service.

I only heard boo's and abuse for Whittingham from some clown a few rows behind me Saturday, most of the time for not winning the ball in challenges where he had no chance of winning it (but still tried).

Prior to the abuse he had made 2 absolutely outstanding pinpoint passes from which 2 attempts were created. More than could be said for the rest of the team.

Do people just expect Whittingham to all of a sudden be Messi?
    I can remember saying before Steve McPhail kicked a ball for the club that some of our fans would not like him because he was too much of a footballer for them. I know that sounds snobbish, but it's still true - every club has it's get stuck in merchants in their fan base, but Cardiff City have a bigger proportion of them than any other side I've come across. I'm talking about those who will be up on their feet applauding for a City player winning a tackle that is 80/20 in his favour, but if the same player creates a chance with a defence splitting pass, there's nothing from them.
    For McPhail also read Whitts, some of our fans are instinctively against such players - we've always had them and we always will do.
    As for Fred, I'm a little baffled by what's happened in our last few matches because there had been a feeling that he had come on and done pretty well against Blackburn (at least that's how it seemed to me) and, by and large, the reception he got seemed to reflect this.
    A few days later, he came on at Fulham and didn't pull up any trees, but, also didn't do anything that I'd say was awful and he got slaughtered by people on here after the match.
    On Saturday he then was brought into a team that was creating nothing (in fact, they were barely playing a pass to our strikers mainly because our three man midfield were incapable of either winning the ball or retaining it) and playing poorly and proceeded to fit seamlessly into a side playing so ineptly. It was the worst I've seen Fred play mainly because he didn't show his usual work ethic, but quite a few in the crowd were on his back before this became clear - I don't understand the transformation in reception he got from supporters from one home game to the next.

I seen a fellow City fan down the food festival earlier and asked him and he said there was some people in the Canton booing him when he was on the side waiting to come on ffs!!!!
    I think they were chanting 'Noone' who was warming up at the canton end, not booing Fred coming on. Mind there were many that were screaming at him to put some effort in/pull his finger out when he was on the pitch. And I was among them. Didn't witness booing though. He was seriously poor yesterday, and it was frustrating for a lot of fans in my area of the canton stand. His overall game was shocking. I think we can all agree on that.
    Spedger

Bob, you're too generous. It's pretty obvious that Fred G. does not have the speed, tactical awareness or basic skills to make the grade in the Championship. It was painful to watch him lumber about against Reading, making poor passes, mistiming jumps and generally being a passenger. I wish I knew how City have managed to bring in people who can actually play football, like Saadi and Guerra before, but can't get a kick in the first team. The obvious response is "the management team know more about these players than you do" but that is getting harder to accept as successive managers oversee a revolving door of mediocre players who came and go with no noticeable impact on the results.

I think that bloke got it wrong tbh. I didn't hear people booing Fred, either before or after he came on. Plenty of groans whenever something didn't come off, which applied to the rest of the whole sorry bunch of them tbf.

I hope the lad comes good, but so far he looks useless.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I think that bloke got it wrong tbh. I didn't hear people booing Fred, either before or after he came on. Plenty of groans whenever something didn't come off, which applied to the rest of the whole sorry bunch of them tbf.

I hope the lad comes good, but so far he looks useless.
    Agreed.
    Spedger

Admittedly I wasn't there Saturday , but was at the first few games and I thought he tried hard and needed a bit of luck, like early Gestede.
    Maybe if the fans did the same as with "Eddie Eddie Eddie " , even though it was tongue in cheek , it might help the guy .
    There was always moaning at the city but seems to be worse and more aimed at individual players than when we had little expectations in the dungeon years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I think they were chanting 'Noone' who was warming up at the canton end, not booing Fred coming on. Mind there were many that were screaming at him to put some effort in/pull his finger out when he was on the pitch. And I was among them. Didn't witness booing though. He was seriously poor yesterday, and it was frustrating for a lot of fans in my area of the canton stand. His overall game was shocking. I think we can all agree on that.
    Spedger
    I was saying Boourns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKu0TVlumcc