+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dear Cardiff City re photos and regulations

Dear Cardiff City re photos and regulations

The twitter feed running along the bottom of this website suggests you have no choice but to comply with regulations regarding photos. With the greatest of respect many regulations are ignored because they are not intended to deal with everything and are written 'in the spirit of'. This requirement of yours simply comes over as petty and cowardly i.e. blame someone else.

The regulations on the taking and recording of photos is intended to not deprive the EFL and professional photographers of potential revenues from selling their photos.

As far as I can tell Jon Candy's photos have not prevented a single sale of a professional photographer's image, and indeed have helped kindle or retain interest from those fans present or unable to be present.

It may seem like a tiny thing but to fans who want to record and share these moments it is yet another straw on the camel's back.

We all want to help and share in making this club attractive - please stop trying to prevent this. Will the message boards be next as they compete with official websites? If so, with no community to talk about the game or see other views on an issue, then much of the joy of 'following' the fortunes of your club is removed.

Photos are a key talking point. If we can't take and share them then please take and publish your own where we can see them without having to pay for them.

Finally, I assume that most of the official photographers at the game are very hungry as I rarely see any of their photos. If you want your 'product' advertised it's got to be visible - please sort this out.

Re: Dear Cardiff City re photos and regulations

Well said

The Club continues to drive a wedge between itself and the fans. Something is radically wrong within it. Can only see gates dwindling and a downward spiral on the playing side.
    They could do with someone who has knowledge of PR.

Very articulately put

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    The twitter feed running along the bottom of this website suggests you have no choice but to comply with regulations regarding photos. With the greatest of respect many regulations are ignored because they are not intended to deal with everything and are written 'in the spirit of'. This requirement of yours simply comes over as petty and cowardly i.e. blame someone else.

The regulations on the taking and recording of photos is intended to not deprive the EFL and professional photographers of potential revenues from selling their photos.

As far as I can tell Jon Candy's photos have not prevented a single sale of a professional photographer's image, and indeed have helped kindle or retain interest from those fans present or unable to be present.

It may seem like a tiny thing but to fans who want to record and share these moments it is yet another straw on the camel's back.

We all want to help and share in making this club attractive - please stop trying to prevent this. Will the message boards be next as they compete with official websites? If so, with no community to talk about the game or see other views on an issue, then much of the joy of 'following' the fortunes of your club is removed.

Photos are a key talking point. If we can't take and share them then please take and publish your own where we can see them without having to pay for them.

Finally, I assume that most of the official photographers at the game are very hungry as I rarely see any of their photos. If you want your 'product' advertised it's got to be visible - please sort this out.

Perhaps it's just personal against Jon Candy who had a hissy got cis he wasn't getting enough credit for Bluebirds Unite and didn't like the fact Sian Branstom hogged all the limelight

It's pathetic but not restricted to Football. I'm a keen photographer and face similar over zealous problems elsewhere, the National Trust are particularly petty.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Perhaps it's just personal against Jon Candy who had a hissy got cis he wasn't getting enough credit for Bluebirds Unite and didn't like the fact Sian Branstom hogged all the limelight
    We certainly have some special people on here

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

Good post Penarth .