+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This board

Re: This board

Quote Originally Posted by Max23 View Post
    but I feel invigorated.
    Are you using Lab Series facial scrub?

I've been on this or previous boards for over 15 years and no-one replies to me either - so don't feel too bad!

Mind you, I don't post anything worth reading - just a load of self-opinionated crap like most other people on here

Good I thought it was just me.......

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I've been on this or previous boards for over 15 years and no-one replies to me either - so don't feel too bad!

Mind you, I don't post anything worth reading - just a load of self-opinionated crap like most other people on here
    You're one of the best posters when it comes to football.

How did the this thread turn into a witch hunt for the Colonel anyway?

We know who the real culprits are. Elysium and Tandy have stayed away from this thread as a means of self preservation. But I'm sure they make posters stay away from the board entirely as they bring the level of debate down to the lowest common denominator. It's only a matter of time before they go too far, so why wait? Nuke em.

Blog Entries

I am pretty sure I've replied to you many times over the years perhaps it's a good sign? you obviously say things that are agreeable to most, unlike myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I am pretty sure I've replied to you many times over the years perhaps it's a good sign? you obviously say things that are agreeable to most, unlike myself.
    I was exaggerating for effect - I'm sure I've had many replies over the years

I just can't be bothered to post very often is the truth as the board has gradually turned from a board mainly inhabited by reasonable, amusing people into one dominated by argumentative grown-ups and neo-Nazis.

When a decent thread comes up I'll try and contribute if I catch it but the board needs more people to start and contribute to football topics - and if Max and other new posters can do this then it has a chance. I realise I should also do this more often, and have started to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Agree with that. But I wouldn't include Splott Dai and Organ in the criticism. I think they know how to debate.

Source?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    It`s become about 5 people`s Whatsapp so they can abuse each other.
    Very tedious
    Unfortunately that's true.

Mike Morris is careful about restricting people's right of free speech on here, but I think sometimes he's too indulgent. Certain posters spoil this board.

Difficult call, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Let's have a sing-a-long.

Ah, that video instantly transported me to my teenage years.

You post on football and I'm always glad to see you!

I was exaggerating for effect - I'm sure I've had many replies over the years

I just can't be bothered to post very often is the truth as the board has gradually turned from a board mainly inhabited by reasonable, amusing people into one dominated by argumentative grown-ups and neo-Nazis.

When a decent thread comes up I'll try and contribute if I catch it but the board needs more people to start and contribute to football topics - and if Max and other new posters can do this then it has a chance. I realise I should also do this more often, and have started to try.
    Thanks, I have supported city since the mid sixties. This board is a great medium for us really. Some good posters and good info and opinions. Then there is the rest.....
    Let's hope on the pitch events start inspiring us again....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Are you using Lab Series facial scrub?
    Do you like a regular facial?
    Mind your eye ..

The board isn't as good as it used to be, I know looking at it I don't seem to have been on it for long, but I do remember it when it was a real font for knowledge, I remember posters such as Earnies trimmed trabbs, Josh and little Natalie, Caliburn, all decent posters. Euclids Algorithm was a **** though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Do you like a regular facial?
    Mind your eye ..
    Many thanks for your concern.

For what it's worth my life has been revolutionised since the Minion movies - and the spin off products as shown:

min.jpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

We know who the real culprits are. Elysium and Tandy have stayed away from this thread as a means of self preservation. But I'm sure they make posters stay away from the board entirely as they bring the level of debate down to the lowest common denominator. It's only a matter of time before they go too far, so why wait? Nuke em.

No, no, no.... if Nukes turns up as well this Board will be on life support. We've got enough jack boots already.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I wasn't drinking Saturday night, I was working.

It's funny how people accuse you of being drunk when you pull them up on dumb shit they're doing.

For example, Lecter came into a thread calling everyone "girls" and "tarts" whilst simultaneously acting as though he's above something so childish as name calling.

As soon as I pointed it out, Lecter decided I was "drunk", "embarrassing myself" and it was time I went and got some sleep. I did about 4 more hours work after that.
    You were below par though, Colonel. A few insults aimed at me were not even mildly funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You were below par though, Colonel. A few insults aimed at me were not even mildly funny.
    The board is not renowned for tolerance of views on any subject at all, be it sporting, social, entertainment, or political.

It's like an online version of Lord of the Flies on here sometimes and that's on a good day. There is a tendency to just echo mainstream media views rather than debate or analyse them and that is coupled with a gradual shift of political ground towards the right wing. The last, is one of the most surprising changes that I have noticed since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    The board is not renowned for tolerance of views on any subject at all, be it sporting, social, entertainment, or political.

It's like an online version of Lord of the Flies on here sometimes and that's on a good day. There is a tendency to just echo mainstream media views rather than debate or analyse them and that is coupled with a gradual shift of political ground towards the right wing. The last, is one of the most surprising changes that I have noticed since 2007.
    None of that is factual, of course, purely your opinion.

"Stayed away from this thread" - now that really made me chuckle. I've never "stayed away" from anything actually.

I've not stayed away at all. I have a life, it's bank holiday, I've been out and about since earlier this morning, not spent a lovely bank holiday Monday typing bile on my computer.

Could you guide me to some of the posts you refer to above? Or do you confuse "lowest common denominator" with dealing with continued abuse and personal attacks from a number of other posters for no good reason whatsoever the "lowest common denominator"?

Thankfully the offending posts have been deleted and, personally speaking, I think it would serve us all well to move on from Saturday's events.

In the irony stakes, that's got to be up there with the time the colonel called Croesy fat

SD,you are making me smile. With respect, I wouldn't necessarily associate you with neutral reporting
    By the way, I booked that flight.

SD,you are making me smile. With respect, I wouldn't necessarily associate you with neutral reporting
    By the way, I booked that flight.
    AZAL have the largest onboard meals of any airline that I have ever travelled on. Give me dates and I may coincide my trip back this year around the same time. I'll sort out transport that end.

AZAL have the largest onboard meals of any airline that I have ever travelled on. Give me dates and I may coincide my trip back this year around the same time. I'll sort out transport that end.
    AZAL sounds like that awful, glossy toilet paper when I was a kid. I'm actually travelling by Wizz on all legs. I somehow cocked up their online system as it thought I was a Wizz member and gave me the member discount. I purchased a return flight to Budapest and then another to Baku - total price just £110!