+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This board

Re: This board

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Thankfully the offending posts have been deleted and, personally speaking, I think it would serve us all well to move on from Saturday's events.
    Well I didn't insult anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Well I didn't insult anyone
    I know you didn't, and I didn't imply you had done. This thread will quickly descend into another one-man tantrum if we're not too careful so I think it's better not to dwell on it. I've just put the offender on ignore, purely because it will be easier for me to avoid his hissy-fits and the result will be that other posters won't have to wade through a repeat of Saturday from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    The board is not renowned for tolerance of views on any subject at all, be it sporting, social, entertainment, or political.

It's like an online version of Lord of the Flies on here sometimes and that's on a good day. There is a tendency to just echo mainstream media views rather than debate or analyse them and that is coupled with a gradual shift of political ground towards the right wing. The last, is one of the most surprising changes that I have noticed since 2007.

You were below par though, Colonel. A few insults aimed at me were not even mildly funny.
    Actually TBG, I hadn't mentioned you in that thread at all, you just turned up and posted a video of two grannies fighting with handbags and made the comparison to me and someone else. So, if you don't like being called a tosser then perhaps stop being a tosser, tosser.

And as for you constantly following me around telling me how funny my posts are, I've seen plenty of the "jokes" you post on here and I don't bother to tell you how shite they are. Quite why you think that anything humorous I post on here is intended for your heavily pun-based sense of humour is beyond me.

Blog Entries

I know you didn't, and I didn't imply you had done. This thread will quickly descend into another one-man tantrum if we're not too careful so I think it's better not to dwell on it. I've just put the offender on ignore, purely because it will be easier for me to avoid his hissy-fits and the result will be that other posters won't have to wade through a repeat of Saturday from my perspective.
    Maybe you will find the time to reply to me now

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Maybe you will find the time to reply to me now
    Sorry!

I barely replied to him - only on Saturday because he was demanding attention.

I'm about 20 minutes into that video, by the way. Been at Ogmore all day today so will carry on watching tonight. I have to admit, some of the actions from the burns victims video look odd on first viewing. I'm not too impressed that they are using one doctor's viewpoint as evidence of a BBC fake, nor am I convinced that the Beeb were trying to advocate going to war. Surely, if they were doing that, they would have put the story out earlier. Also, my memory of the vote was that it was very likely that they would vote not to take part.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    You're one of the best posters when it comes to football.

How did the this thread turn into a witch hunt for the Colonel anyway?

We know who the real culprits are. Elysium and Tandy have stayed away from this thread as a means of self preservation. But I'm sure they make posters stay away from the board entirely as they bring the level of debate down to the lowest common denominator. It's only a matter of time before they go too far, so why wait? Nuke em.
    Tandy's a WUM who likely hates the tub o' lard more than most. The insidious one... well, what can one say other than major league loon, or words to that effect. The Colonel had a weekend aberration. He was knocking-out an insult every few seconds for a period during Saturday evening. Say what you will, it was awesome keyboard dexterity. Overwhelmingly, Cardiff and district posters are compos mentis, while North of Radyr is where most of the drips reside. But again, not all the valley sister fisters are twp.

One of my fave contributors is Mrs Steve R. She has a great sense of humour. I also like to think she's curvy and knows the exact amount of salt to add to the spuds and veg for Sunday nosh.

Blog Entries

Sorry!

I barely replied to him - only on Saturday because he was demanding attention.

I'm about 20 minutes into that video, by the way. Been at Ogmore all day today so will carry on watching tonight. I have to admit, some of the actions from the burns victims video look odd on first viewing. I'm not too impressed that they are using one doctor's viewpoint as evidence of a BBC fake, nor am I convinced that the Beeb were trying to advocate going to war. Surely, if they were doing that, they would have put the story out earlier. Also, my memory of the vote was that it was very likely that they would vote not to take part.
    I didn't mean in this thread you lemon but thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I didn't mean in this thread you lemon but thanks
    Ooops, . Does that mean I can stop watching the video now?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Actually TBG, I hadn't mentioned you in that thread at all, you just turned up and posted a video of two grannies fighting with handbags and made the comparison to me and someone else. So, if you don't like being called a tosser then perhaps stop being a tosser, tosser.

And as for you constantly following me around telling me how funny my posts are, I've seen plenty of the "jokes" you post on here and I don't bother to tell you how shite they are. Quite why you think that anything humorous I post on here is intended for your heavily pun-based sense of humour is beyond me.
    Of course my humour may not be to everyone's taste and I am sure that remarks I make may not be funny to some people - but to imagine that I follow you around is totally ludicrous. The link to the handbag video was a light-hearted thing when certain posters on here, including you, were hurling obscene insults at each other in seriousness.

By the way, CC, are you able to discuss things rationally without calling me a tosser at every turn?
    Or does that pass as pithy humour?

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    "Stayed away from this thread" - now that really made me chuckle. I've never "stayed away" from anything actually.

I've not stayed away at all. I have a life, it's bank holiday, I've been out and about since earlier this morning, not spent a lovely bank holiday Monday typing bile on my computer.

Could you guide me to some of the posts you refer to above? Or do you confuse "lowest common denominator" with dealing with continued abuse and personal attacks from a number of other posters for no good reason whatsoever the "lowest common denominator"?
    The only thing you'll never stay away from is a buffet

Of course my humour may not be to everyone's taste and I am sure that remarks I make may not be funny to some people - but to imagine that I follow you around is totally ludicrous. The link to the handbag video was a light-hearted thing when certain posters on here, including you, were hurling obscene insults at each other in seriousness.
    Well sorry about that, for what it's worth. You're alright but I've noticed recently you've replied to a few of my posts, out of the blue, to tell me personally how unfunny you find me. Not sure how a person is supposed to take that other than as an insult.

Blog Entries

Ooops, . Does that mean I can stop watching the video now?
    You can do what you like, I'm not making you do anything, you were the one who said come up with something.

Banned

And off she goes again

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    And off she goes again
    Jesus Christ, have you read your own posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The only thing you'll never stay away from is a buffet
    Unnecessary comment.

You must hate yourself so much to make comments like this about someone you don't know and have never met.

If you removed Tandy and badly ironed shirt this place would improve infinitely. If you cut out the obnoxious pair the rest of the pond life will fall into line.

I dislike Elysium as much as the next person but he obviously has some personal issues that he needs to work through and he's harmless when you step back and wonder what's afflicting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    If you removed Tandy and badly ironed shirt this place would improve infinitely. If you cut out the obnoxious pair the rest of the pond life will fall into line.

I dislike Elysium as much as the next person but he obviously has some personal issues that he needs to work through and he's harmless when you step back and wonder what's afflicting him.
    newted

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post

My only issue is flotsam such as your good self who indulge in personal abuse of people you don't know and have never met just because some of your chums on the message board see it as good sport.

You're a sad sad person.

Unnecessary comment.

You must hate yourself so much to make comments like this about someone you don't know and have never met.
    An accumulation of "Unnecessary comments" (again) tonight - aimed at you. Bless.

Well sorry about that, for what it's worth. You're alright but I've noticed recently you've replied to a few of my posts, out of the blue, to tell me personally how unfunny you find me. Not sure how a person is supposed to take that other than as an insult.
    I am bemused about your comment about my replying to posts 'out of the blue' as it's a message board and I don't feel the need to target any individuals at all - and I didn't say that I find you 'unfunny'. I stated that I found some of your retorts unfunny when they were, in fact, attempted put-downs. However, I am not here to engage in long-winded conflicts of any kind so I hope that we can move on.
    P.S. I can't recall mentioning any names when I posted the handbag video.
    Last edited by Taunton Blue Genie; 29-08-16 at 19:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    An accumulation of "Unnecessary comments" (again) tonight - aimed at you. Bless.
    Can you explain to your audience exactly what I have said this evening to deserve the abuse from you and the usual suspects.

My only issue is flotsam such as your good self who indulge in personal abuse of people you don't know and have never met just because some of your chums on the message board see it as good sport.

You're a sad sad person.
    I don't have any chums on here and I make my own mind about posters based solely on what they put on here. Without going into great detail I find you to be pompous and incredibly patronising. I image you do not behave like this in public because if you carried on the way you do on here in any good boozer you'd catch a slap every night.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Unfortunately that's true.

Mike Morris is careful about restricting people's right of free speech on here, but I think sometimes he's too indulgent. Certain posters spoil this board.

Difficult call, though.

Good point. It's not an easy choice. But the reality is a minority take to forums to get the attention their missing in life by any means (pedantry).

Gagging plebs to stop them ruining the board isn't taking away their free speech. Their free to be plebs in any other realm.