+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I remember those awful days when Ronnie Moore was our lone striker.

I remember those awful days when Ronnie Moore was our lone striker.

Of course there have been many others who played the same role for us to.
    Poor Ronnie spent most of the game waiting for the ball, half way between the penalty spot and the centre circle, to come to him high up the centre of the pitch. The expectation being that he would control the ball and turn whilst fooling and out pacing the defence, move forward a few yards and strike a glorious goal. Guess what?

We have had many strikers since who faced the same expectation and delivered the same results. Oh how they must have yearned for the opportunity to run on to a ball just a yard ahead of their stride whether it be in the air or on the ground and to know that the pass would be delivered.

Now we have Lambert.

Whitts will play him a good pass but it will be over his shoulder and a run will required.

Who will lay the ball in front of him in the six yard box for him to run onto?

It,s not going to be Gunnars or Ralls nor Harris if he cannot get forward.

Oddly I am excited about Lambert but without the service he will do no better than La Fondre and all the others did.

Re: I remember those awful days when Ronnie Moore was our lone striker.

Still remember Ronnie's celebrations when he scored at the Canton End in front of the Grandstand. There were some red faces that day and most of them were not on the pitch.