+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will a relegation battle

Will a relegation battle

I'm increasingly persuaded that a relegation battle is highly likely towards the end of the current season and thus my question is, would it focus and concentrate minds in a spirit of united support for the club? Alternatively do the members think that it would just lead to greater division among the fans, more complaining and bring into play a sale as practically an inevitability?
    Last edited by Splott David; 29-08-16 at 17:53.

Re: Will a relegation battle

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    I'm increasingly persuaded that a relegation battle is highly likely towards the end of the current season and thus my question is, would it focus and concentrate minds in a spirit of united support for the club? Alternatively do the members think that it would just lead to greater division among the fans, more complaining and bring into play a sale as practically an inevitability?
    After the rebrand I don't have a great problem with having a less than good team turning out in blue. What I do find difficult to accept is the lack of effort, Kadeem excepted.

I agree that a relegation battle looks likely, although I don't believe that will unite the fans, well it might in the ground, but it won't on here.
    I'm also fairly sure Tan wishes he'd never heard of Cardiff and would like to sell, but who out there has either the money or the will to buy a football team that's heading backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I agree that a relegation battle looks likely, although I don't believe that will unite the fans, well it might in the ground, but it won't on here.
    I'm also fairly sure Tan wishes he'd never heard of Cardiff and would like to sell, but who out there has either the money or the will to buy a football team that's heading backwards?
    The club has indeed been on the slide in recent years but the club still has a bit to offer. However, winning back the lost fans will be the key - and if the football continues to be so dire the attendances will be dropping off even further. Having just returned to the season ticket fold it is tempting not to make the trip and use up all one's Saturday (and a certain amount of money in travelling costs) if the entertainment level doesn't increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    After the rebrand I don't have a great problem with having a less than good team turning out in blue. What I do find difficult to accept is the lack of effort, Kadeem excepted.
    Has a team ever been relegated and the fans have said "at least we gave it our best"?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Indeed.

TBH best thing he could do now is accept that he must take some losses on the chin, invest just a - little - more now, just enough to make the club look successful, and to look attractive (ding, ding, hello) - sell up for what he can get.

But hey, clearly I am a simpleton and Tan is:
    A: not vindictive or spiteful or remiss in any way.
    B: A financial genius.

Go for it Vinny lad ..

Ah, 'sorry' way too simple a proposition for the genius billionaire businessman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Indeed.

TBH best thing he could do now is accept that he must take some losses on the chin, invest just a - little - more now, just enough to make the club look successful, and to look attractive (ding, ding, hello) - sell up for what he can get.

But hey, clearly I am a simpleton and Tan is:
    A: not vindictive or spiteful or remiss in any way.
    B: A financial genius.

Go for it Vinny lad ..

Ah, 'sorry' way too simple a proposition for the genius billionaire businessman.
    If he sells Cardiff as a debt free club then I would have to give him some credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    If he sells Cardiff as a debt free club then I would have to give him some credit for that.

Hear hear. And he might.