+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: All these pathetic petty arguments on this board...

All these pathetic petty arguments on this board...

...are frankly one of the best things about the CCMB.

If you doubt it for a second just take a look at the thread titled "This Board". It was started today but has more views and replies than any other topic on the front page.

People like a dust-up and others like to watch it unfold.

Of course, in these argument threads you get the usual few who pop in to give their wisdom with comments along the lines of "this thread is just a bunch of grown ups throwing childish insults!" or "these idiotic arguments are ruining the board!" but that's just their way of joining in the fun with their own insults.

The ones I feel sorry for are not the ones that pop in with insults to say how childish the insults are, but the ones that don't say anything at all. The ones that open the thread, see it descend into nonsense, sigh and just leave again. Those are the ones most negatively effected by these threads.

So, if it really is a problem, how about putting one clearly labelled "ARGUMENT" thread on the board and if any two posters look like they're getting out of hand just point them in the direction of the argument thread so the OP isn't spoiled?

The CCMB is a place to talk football but it's also a place to vent frustrations, it always has been. So why not give it it's own thread to save the others?

Re: All these pathetic petty arguments on this board...

Differences of opinions are what message boards are all about. As long as posters can refrain from hurling personal insults they are fine. Debate is healthy whereas calling each other names is childish and futile.

No threads on our captain being sold today but we have a thread with 150+ posts of bickering.
    Just what a message board is all about. I'm sure Mike Morris will agree you ****ing muppet.

"No threads on our captain being sold today"

Poor, but is that the fault of a few people bickering?
    Where is any kind of comment from any one of the other 15,000+ CCFC fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Differences of opinions are what message boards are all about. As long as posters can refrain from hurling personal insults they are fine. Debate is healthy whereas calling each other names is childish and futile.
    Childish and futile it may be, but it happens. Give it a place to happen to stop it from spoiling the other threads.

All very well having an 'Argument Thread' but what if it's just contradiction because if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position. Which isn't just saying 'no it isn't'.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    No threads on our captain being sold today but we have a thread with 150+ posts of bickering.
    Just what a message board is all about. I'm sure Mike Morris will agree you ****ing muppet.
    If you're replying to what I wrote then what you said makes no sense. Engage your brain once in a while, bellend.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    All very well having an 'Argument Thread' but what if it's just contradiction because if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position. Which isn't just saying 'no it isn't'.
    Like TBG just said, sometimes a reasonable argument descends into childish name calling, at that point the posters in the thread should be able to say "take it to the argument thread and stop spoiling this one".

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    "No threads on our captain being sold today"

Poor, but is that the fault of a few people bickering?
    Where is any kind of comment from any one of the other 15,000+ CCFC fans?

They can't be arsed to post on here anymore cos of the same childish twats like yourself and the OP turning this place into a pathetic excuse for a football forum.
    The OP has thousands of posts, rarely anything football related, just him being one unfunny cuunt.

Could you imagine how many posts would be in that thread within a week

Straight up truth.

Been on here for around 18 years and CCFC was always the key topic.
    Been some fantastically amazing contributors, funny and insightful..and some incredibly bonkers posters.

Ultimately though CCFC talk was predominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Like TBG just said, sometimes a reasonable argument descends into childish name calling, at that point the posters in the thread should be able to say "take it to the argument thread and stop spoiling this one".
    Yes it is

Oh yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Oh yes it is
    No it isn't

This should settle it https://youtu.be/kQFKtI6gn9Y

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Straight up truth.

Been on here for around 18 years and CCFC was always the key topic.
    Been some fantastically amazing contributors, funny and insightful..and some incredibly bonkers posters.

Ultimately though CCFC talk was predominant.
    And now we have the likes of Chris. End of forum.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 29-08-16 at 22:13.

If you're replying to what I wrote then what you said makes no sense. Engage your brain once in a while, bellend.
    Take it to the argument thread.

No it isn't
    Is this the five minute argument or the full half hour?

The ones that open the thread, see it descend into nonsense, sigh and just leave again. Those are the ones most negatively effected by these threads.
    This might be angled in my direction, for one.
    Yes, I sigh and leave because the protagonists are so blinkered as to not admit anyone else into their little spat.
    I'm not negatively affected - I just can't be bothered to continue to try to engage...

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Is this the five minute argument or the full half hour?
    Just the five minutes. Thank you.

So where's your posts about our captian being sold today? Oh, there aren't any. Plenty of examples of your usual weird tourettic outbursts to all and sundry though. What a credit to the board you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    This might be angled in my direction, for one.
    Yes, I sigh and leave because the protagonists are so blinkered as to not admit anyone else into their little spat.
    I'm not negatively affected - I just can't be bothered to continue to try to engage...
    Well it might have been angled at you before you came in here and called people 'blinkered'.

Well it might have been angled at you before you came in here and called people 'blinkered'.
    You know exactly what I mean

And now we have the likes of Chris. End of forum.
    Trollers gonna Troll and we have had loads on here over the years.
    Baker and Victor being the best of the lot, but they never came close to causing such a stagnation on here as the OP has.

Unless the OP is Baker, which would be genius...but it can't be as Baker was sometimes funny.

What I struggle to get my head around is why somebody who lives in South Wales, who NEVER goes to games decides to chose this forum to grace his precense while he would be far better received at plenty of other forums.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if he was a Jack playing the long game.

This IS the argument thread already.