+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: All these pathetic petty arguments on this board...

Re: All these pathetic petty arguments on this board...

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Ok.
    You might be a great bloke, we could possibly get on well if we knew each other.

I do though believe that you have caused a massive amount of damage to this forum due to the colossal amount of inane posts (in my opinion) that you make.

It has resulted in cliques and inside jokes that are of no benefit to the place.

It has created (along with the r*bra*d) an incredible amount of apathy that makes it less of a desirable place to post an opinion (unless like yours truly the other night who was hammered and not on the best of form).

I'm sorry to single you out, but it is honestly how I have seen it for a few years.
    OK, lets just say I'm an arsehole who posts too much shite, too often.

And although I might not be many posters cup of tea, there's no way I'm single-handedly responsible for the downfall of the board, as people call it.

There are plenty of arsehole posters on here making the board a less desirable place for people who want more football and less in-jokes and arguments.

So, how about the OP I posted? I proposed there be one thread for arguments that posters will be directed to if they begin to ruin a thread. Do you think that might help?

By the way, I wasn't drinking on Saturday night, just had a shitty day and was sick of the usual arseholes coming on here and being gleeful after city lost.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Is that that mumsnet you refer to?
    No, that's really busy, full of bickering women.

Sleeping Giant?

BTW, I do genuinely regret having a dig at you and your bloke recently on here!
    No worries, I have been called much worse, I try to leave arguments or comments behind and not carry them over in to new threads, new subject fresh slate.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Ended up like that? It's already surpassed it ten fold.

The Nigel poster with the match reports posts referred to earlier well he posts them on there now. What does that tell you?
    I think you might be confused, I'm not talking about a Cardiff forum, you are lucky to get one post ALL DAY on the one Cyclops and I were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Genuine question. If you dislike this board that much, why don't you use ****?
    Banned for having an opinion

It has resulted in cliques and inside jokes that are of no benefit to the place.
    You must be feline terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    OK, lets just say I'm an arsehole who posts too much shite, too often.

And although I might not be many posters cup of tea, there's no way I'm single-handedly responsible for the downfall of the board, as people call it.

There are plenty of arsehole posters on here making the board a less desirable place for people who want more football and less in-jokes and arguments.

So, how about the OP I posted? I proposed there be one thread for arguments that posters will be directed to if they begin to ruin a thread. Do you think that might help?

By the way, I wasn't drinking on Saturday night, just had a shitty day and was sick of the usual arseholes coming on here and being gleeful after city lost.
    I think the direction of arguments/disagreements could be a good thing.

One of my favourite forums was Eastside Boxing (Now Checkhook boxing as after the perma bans of many great posters for no good reason).

The Lounge there has always been fantastic.

They have one dedicated thread there that people take their beef's.

It could work here as long as the antipathy in general topics are left out.
    When I said "yours truly" I was referring to me, myself and I having a dig at Steve R, his lady and yourself...when I was under the influence and not feeling quite chipper.

This place needs a shake up.
    Maybe your idea could work if everybody bought in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    You must be feline terrible...
    Stop being Catty!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    As an **** stalwart I always preferred browsing this forum as it had a wider breadth of debate and more intellectual posters. However there were, and still are, too many smart arses on here which put me off posting, also this forum was infested with lefties but thankfully that seems to have changed.

I started posting on here a few months ago because **** has died and I am sick of the clickbait stories and agenda on there. I really think the rebrand has ruined this board, all the best and most sensible posters left due to the bickering and nonsense being spouted by people who couldn't let go. That bitterness has continued to now and you have the likes of badly ironed shirt running amok thinking he's Barry big bollocks.

Sound reasoning!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    ...are frankly one of the best things about the CCMB.

If you doubt it for a second just take a look at the thread titled "This Board". It was started today but has more views and replies than any other topic on the front page.

People like a dust-up and others like to watch it unfold.

Of course, in these argument threads you get the usual few who pop in to give their wisdom with comments along the lines of "this thread is just a bunch of grown ups throwing childish insults!" or "these idiotic arguments are ruining the board!" but that's just their way of joining in the fun with their own insults.

The ones I feel sorry for are not the ones that pop in with insults to say how childish the insults are, but the ones that don't say anything at all. The ones that open the thread, see it descend into nonsense, sigh and just leave again. Those are the ones most negatively effected by these threads.

So, if it really is a problem, how about putting one clearly labelled "ARGUMENT" thread on the board and if any two posters look like they're getting out of hand just point them in the direction of the argument thread so the OP isn't spoiled?

The CCMB is a place to talk football but it's also a place to vent frustrations, it always has been. So why not give it it's own thread to save the others?
    Wot's that supposed to meen?? you looking for an argument sunshine? I'll nock you out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    There have been multiple threads about Marshall leaving over the last few days. We're all burnt out over it tbh. No more points to make (other than the £3.5 million reported fee being lower than both Wales Online's and Sky Sports' initial £5m & £4m reported fee...annoyingly.)
    Where's he going?