+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All these pathetic petty arguments on this board...

Re: All these pathetic petty arguments on this board...

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Trollers gonna Troll and we have had loads on here over the years.
    Baker and Victor being the best of the lot, but they never came close to causing such a stagnation on here as the OP has.

Unless the OP is Baker, which would be genius...but it can't be as Baker was sometimes funny.

What I struggle to get my head around is why somebody who lives in South Wales, who NEVER goes to games decides to chose this forum to grace his precense while he would be far better received at plenty of other forums.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if he was a Jack playing the long game.
    He's ruined a once great forum.

I'm no stranger to the occasional argument, but what I've seen here this weekend is farcical. Yes, I appreciate that I've just done exactly what the colonel was alluding to, but hey ho.
    Couple of thoughts.
    Marshall. Wasn't this discussed on a number of threads on both Friday and Saturday?

People need to chill. Maybe because I'm getting older, but I can count the number of people who's opinion of me I care about on two hands. None of them use this message board. Of course it's nice to be liked, but frankly, if someone on this board thinks I'm a dickhead, then frankly, I don't give a shit. I think it would be helpful if more people took that approach and just let things go.
    If a number of different people think someone is a dickhead, then guess what. Chances are, that someone is a dickhead.

We will always have differences of opinion here, and that's fine, what's not fine IMHO, is when people attack the poster not the post. Someone like TOBW could say something, and people would nod sagely and think "yes he's got a point there", yet if croesy, for example, said the same thing it would kick off. That's not to say of course, that he doesn't invite some of the responses by the way he engages with others, but I'm wasting my breath there. Same applies to others of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Trollers gonna Troll and we have had loads on here over the years.
    Baker and Victor being the best of the lot, but they never came close to causing such a stagnation on here as the OP has.

Unless the OP is Baker, which would be genius...but it can't be as Baker was sometimes funny.

What I struggle to get my head around is why somebody who lives in South Wales, who NEVER goes to games decides to chose this forum to grace his precense while he would be far better received at plenty of other forums.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if he was a Jack playing the long game.
    I've attended plenty of games in the past, just not in recent years and I do post on other forums.

Just had a quick scan at your recent posts and for a poster with such great concern about the lack of football related posts on this board I thought your post history would be choc-a-block with football stuff.

It isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Oh do fvck off, drama queen.

I disagree, but I think there are a number of others who have.

One mans meat is another man's poison.

As it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Differences of opinions are what message boards are all about. As long as posters can refrain from hurling personal insults they are fine. Debate is healthy whereas calling each other names is childish and futile.
    The problem on this board, and others, is that people rarely debate the points being made, but quickly attack the people making the points or try to discredit the person rather than the argument being put forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    The problem on this board, and others, is that people rarely debate the points being made, but quickly attack the people making the points or try to discredit the person rather than the argument being put forward.
    True, but that happens all the time in all walks of life. Just watch Question Time as an example.

You are one of the problems with this board.

And it keeps happening without the major protagonists realising.

No threads on our captain being sold today but we have a thread with 150+ posts of bickering.
    Just what a message board is all about. I'm sure Mike Morris will agree you ****ing muppet.
    There have been multiple threads about Marshall leaving over the last few days. We're all burnt out over it tbh. No more points to make (other than the £3.5 million reported fee being lower than both Wales Online's and Sky Sports' initial £5m & £4m reported fee...annoyingly.)

Yeah you would say that, you're in Taunton.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I disagree, but I think there are a number of others who have.

One mans meat is another man's poison.

As it were.
    He's not the only one but he's been a main player in the downward spiral of this messageboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Yeah you would say that, you're in Taunton.
    If I don't feel safe here I wouldn't feel safe anywhere

He's not the only one but he's been a main player in the downward spiral of this messageboard.
    I enjoy his posts. You don't.
    I get that, neither you or I are right or wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    You are one of the problems with this board.
    That's your opinion, you're entitled to it, and it doesn't bother me. However, what you won't see in any of my posts are personal insults or attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    There have been multiple threads about Marshall leaving over the last few days. We're all burnt out over it tbh. No more points to make (other than the £3.5 million reported fee being lower than both Wales Online's and Sky Sports' initial £5m & £4m reported fee...annoyingly.)
    The last thread on Marshall was Saturday confirming he wasn't in the squad.
    He's since had a medical at Hull and on **** they have a thread thanking him for his services and wishing him the best.
    What have we had on here since Sarurday? The usual suspects bickering like schoolgirls.

Sadly, yes. And the minute you engage with them, the thread topic heading, and the thread subject are completely different things altogether.

One thing, from my experience on another football forum, when the aggro dies, so does the board.

Why do you think MM allows it to carry on?

The last thread on Marshall was Saturday confirming he wasn't in the squad.
    He's since had a medical at Hull and on **** they have a thread thanking him for his services and wishing him the best.
    What have we had on here since Sarurday? The usual suspects bickering like schoolgirls.
    Why are you relying on other people to set the debate? You can start threads too, right?

Sadly, yes. And the minute you engage with them, the thread topic heading, and the thread subject are completely different things altogether.
    I think that neutral posters know exactly who the major and habitual protagonists are.

If I don't feel safe here I wouldn't feel safe anywhere
    Nooo, I was discrediting the person rather than the argument being put forward.

See, it was one of my unfunny jokes.

Why are you relying on other people to set the debate? You can start threads too, right?
    Yes and I've started many however as I've already alluded to in this thread because of the likes of the OP, yourself and several other usual suspects derailing most threads then those who wish to engage are sadly few and far between and cannot be arsed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Nooo, I was discrediting the person rather than the argument being put forward.

See, it was one of my unfunny jokes.
    I have my own collection of unfunny jokes, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'm no stranger to the occasional argument, but what I've seen here this weekend is farcical. Yes, I appreciate that I've just done exactly what the colonel was alluding to, but hey ho.
    Couple of thoughts.
    Marshall. Wasn't this discussed on a number of threads on both Friday and Saturday?

People need to chill. Maybe because I'm getting older, but I can count the number of people who's opinion of me I care about on two hands. None of them use this message board. Of course it's nice to be liked, but frankly, if someone on this board thinks I'm a dickhead, then frankly, I don't give a shit. I think it would be helpful if more people took that approach and just let things go.
    If a number of different people think someone is a dickhead, then guess what. Chances are, that someone is a dickhead.

We will always have differences of opinion here, and that's fine, what's not fine IMHO, is when people attack the poster not the post. Someone like TOBW could say something, and people would nod sagely and think "yes he's got a point there", yet if croesy, for example, said the same thing it would kick off. That's not to say of course, that he doesn't invite some of the responses by the way he engages with others, but I'm wasting my breath there. Same applies to others of course.
    Croesy is an easy target for the packs of hounds. As soon as he posts something that people don't agree with it is comments about his weight. In the past, Croesy has deserved a lot of the stick he got - but if you look at an Elysium started thread and see how quickly it becomes an exercise in "who can say the shittiest and wittiest thing" then it's plainly not right.

Yes and I've started many however as I've already alluded to in this thread because of the likes of the OP, yourself and several other usual suspects derailing most threads then those who wish to engage are sadly few and far between and cannot be arsed anymore.
    What threads have I derailed? Many of mine have been derailed - but I think I post more football related stuff than many on here.