Re: Macheda contract terminated

Another leech burnt off.

Le Fondre next?

Clearing the decks for Lee Gwan next season

I'd start Le Fondre.

Good. He's still living off that man utd goal.

"We would like to thank Federico for his contribution...."
    Pleased to see someone at the club still has a sense of humour.

Glad to see the back of the waste of space, hope it didn't cost is too much to get rid.

Blue in the Face

Federico Macheda: Italian striker departs Cardiff City by mutual consent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37220914

Striker Federico Macheda has left Cardiff City after his contract was terminated by mutual agreement.

Macheda, 25, joined Cardiff from Manchester United in May 2014, and scored six goals in 27 league games for the Bluebirds.

Cardiff head coach Paul Trollope had said Macheda was not part of his plans.

"We would like to thank Federico for his "contribution" and wish him the very best for his early retirement... Actually no, scratch that. The leech can **** off and die" Cardiff said in a statement.

Macheda's departure comes after midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi's contract with the club was also terminated by mutual agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    I'd start Le Fondre.
    And me, he is a trier , i just think those on VERY big wages are gone and rightly so in my opinion ..

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And me, he is a trier , i just think those on VERY big wages are gone and rightly so in my opinion ..
    He might be a trier LoM, but I just don't see how Le Fondre fits in our new possession based system. Le Fondre would do better in a quick tempo 442. Like a Dave Jones type team.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Glad to see the back of the waste of space, hope it didn't cost is too much to get rid.
    Is it connected to the sale of Marshall? One allows us to afford to do the other?

I think we do this more than any other club.

Hopefully we can get an half decent striker in on loan at least

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Another leech burnt off.
    Grow up he is a pro footballer who WE approached and signed on mutually agreed terms. It hasnt worked out and our club is incapable of arranging a loan with a view to a permanent move so the burning off as you describe us is likely to cost the club a mere 600 grand or so. Great business that eh?

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Grow up he is a pro footballer who WE approached and signed on mutually agreed terms. It hasnt worked out and our club is incapable of arranging a loan with a view to a permanent move so the burning off as you describe us is likely to cost the club a mere 600 grand or so. Great business that eh?
    "The process was transparent, creating value for the club throughout all of the transactions" Simon Lim, 13/02/14.

I'd be really focused on making the next club work if I were Macheda. He either has to pull his socks up or will move from smaller to smaller club, each announcing his signing with a clip of him in a Man United shirt or with a goal against Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Thing is, if we'd kept him it would have cost us £1.2m

Even if we'd loaned him out we would have had to pay a big % of his wages.

Poor business, but the blame lies 2 years back with Ole

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Thing is, if we'd kept him it would have cost us £1.2m

Even if we'd loaned him out we would have had to pay a big % of his wages.

Poor business, but the blame lies 2 years back with Ole
    You can't hear the owner say he'll be personally involved in transfers and that we won't waste money because he'll be involved then put the blame purely with the manager. Ole's windows but there was (reportedly) a transfer committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
    Is it connected to the sale of Marshall? One allows us to afford to do the other?
    Bet you have this nailed on.
    Marshall sale allows us to terminate FM.

Marsh will also have deserved decent pay so yet another saving.

Sad but that's commerce for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    "We would like to thank Federico for his contribution...."
    Pleased to see someone at the club still has a sense of humour.

LOL

I suspect that it did cost the club quite a bit. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    You can't hear the owner say he'll be personally involved in transfers and that we won't waste money because he'll be involved then put the blame purely with the manager. Ole's windows but there was (reportedly) a transfer committee.
    You can't blame Ken Choo either as he wasn't with the club then but that hasn't stopped Chepstow somehow holding him personally responsible for these duds.