+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ALF. Play or terminate?

ALF. Play or terminate?

The club seems to have finally given up on finding someone stupid or desperate enough to take Dicachoi and Maceda off our hands, so what next for the other high earning bench warmer?
    Is ALF next to be terminated, or does his presence on the bench last Saturday mean that Trollope

A. Has decided to give him another chance
    B. Has given up hope on finding anyone better
    C. He would cost too much to terminate

Blue in the Face

Re: ALF. Play or terminate?

I imagine the plan is we will play him if another club doesn't come in before the window closes.

If there is a plan to bring in a quality player with the money spared then we should look to move him on. That's a big if though I guess.

Would need to know what our finances are like in regard to FFP to have a proper opinion. If the calculation for FFP is spread over three years, I would rather we didn't waste money this year as I feel we will neither go up or down.

Is there going to be any money saved? Depends on how much it cost to terminate their contracts?

Probably a combination of A&B.

As for termination fees who knows!
    Lets speculate Dicky Choi was on £30k / week, with 9 months left on his contract = £1.2M. As it's a fixed contract, it'll be down to both parties to agree the severance. So pick a number anywhere between £0.4M & £1.2M. (& don't forget the tax!)

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Is there going to be any money saved? Depends on how much it cost to terminate their contracts?
    Financially, it probably doesn't help the club.

Imagine though, you going into work and there's some idle tosser earning double what you do and doing bugger all to earn it, I guess you wouldn't feel too motivated, so it may have a positive impact on the team.

I was pretty surprised to see Alf on the bench on Saturday, and wondered if this means we're going to keep him and give him another chance.

I know it's a bit left field and it's not something that Cardiff City do these days unless someone who is in the first team squad is involved, but wouldn't it be a novelty if another club said they would take one of our players off our hands - I'm sure this sort of thing goes on at other teams, wonder why it never happens here?

It wouldn't surprise me if we came in for ALF now that the Gyan deal has collapsed. Like Cardiff we are desperately short of decent strikers.

Exterminate

Blue in the Face

Adam Le Fondle? Or Adam Le Fondue?

Play if he is still here 11pm Wed

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if we came in for ALF now that the Gyan deal has collapsed. Like Cardiff we are desperately short of decent strikers.
    Was amazed to read that you were on the brink of signing him earlier because I read somewhere that he was on an absolute fortune at Shanghai - definitely off now is it?

Personally I would give him another go he should've come on Saturday imo

Where's Vincent Tan? I want to know what he thinks about all the terrible business we've done in the transfer market. As a billionaire genius, I suspect he must be fuming. I wonder whose fault it is.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Was amazed to read that you were on the brink of signing him earlier because I read somewhere that he was on an absolute fortune at Shanghai - definitely off now is it?
    Yep he failed a medical and is eight weeks away from being fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep he failed a medical and is eight weeks away from being fit.
    Isn't he on something like 250k a week? How were you going to afford that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Isn't he on something like 250k a week? How were you going to afford that?
    The agreement was that Shanghai still pay him and that we pay them a loan fee of between £2 to £3 million.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Where's Vincent Tan? I want to know what he thinks about all the terrible business we've done in the transfer market. As a billionaire genius, I suspect he must be fuming. I wonder whose fault it is.
    Don't worry, remember the press release? We won't be wasting any more money from January 2014 onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Don't worry, remember the press release? We won't be wasting any more money from January 2014 onwards.
    Phew, thank **** for that. So everything's OK then?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Playing the big man at home. Yesterday was the anniversary of Malaysia's independence from the British Empire.

I would play ALF as he is a proven goal scorer (OK, not for us yet) and also puts a decent shift in when playing.
    Was hoping he would come on last weekend and reckon he is at least as good as our current strikers.

On his way to Wigan on loan