+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any Cardif taxi drivers here?

Any Cardif taxi drivers here?

Coming home for a few days next week, from Monday 5th, we would rather a City fan get the fares.

Re: Any Cardif taxi drivers here?

John bluebird. Drinks in the canton cross.

Terry, drinks in the Church Inn, Llanishen.

Use Uber and put the corrupt and wanker taxi drivers that have infested this city out to pasture.

It seems that cantonboy doesn't live in cardiff so he could probably do with another way of contacting the drivers than dragging them out of the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Use Uber and put the corrupt and wanker taxi drivers that have infested this city out to pasture.
    Don't rely on them turning up though and don't use their ap

Ya, f***ing great in they, NOT !!!1

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...h33?li=BBoPWjQ

All the Uber drivers in Cardiff ATM are those who hold a hackney cab licence so they're actually taxi drivers

Best he catch a bus ?

Oh wait a minute they block the roads and show up late etc

He's best walking

I have never had a bad experience using Uber thus far and the value is incredible (appreciate they are trying to overpower the market with cheap prices).

I have had so many shitty experiences with the likes of dragons taxis and their moronic drivers that I wish them all the very worst. They hate Uber and want them gone so Uber gets a big thumbs up from me.

I have never had a bad experience using Uber thus far and the value is incredible (appreciate they are trying to overpower the market with cheap prices).

I have had so many shitty experiences with the likes of dragons taxis and their moronic drivers that I wish them all the very worst. They hate Uber and want them gone so Uber gets a big thumbs up from me.
    Don't freelance drivers have the ability to use Uber and Dragon or Premier if they wish?

That man in your pic.

It's you isn't it?

Nah, this is him.

_967188_victor_150.jpg

You agree beforehand on a price with Uber via the excellent app, that seems to be where the majority of quibbling comes from with the likes of Dragons. The majority of them have incredibly poor English which seems to miraculously get worse when you remind them they have taken a wrong turn.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ya, f***ing great in they, NOT !!!1

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...h33?li=BBoPWjQ
    You agree beforehand on a price with Uber via the excellent app, that seems to be where the majority of quibbling comes from with the likes of Dragons. The majority of them have incredibly poor English which seems to miraculously get worse when you remind them they have taken a wrong turn.

If you agree a price, HOW COME this woman ended up paying £85.

They make it up as they go along, higher fares at different times and even higher fares if it's raining .

F***ing thieves

If you agree a price, HOW COME this woman ended up paying £85.

They make it up as they go along, higher fares at different times and even higher fares if it's raining .

F***ing thieves
    Download the app.

You put in where you are and where you want to go. You then wait for them to generate a price, if you are happy with it you pay and then they send you a car which you can track as it's on it's way to you. If you are not happy with the price then don't use it.

I have never had a bad experience with them unlike Dragons taxis.

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    Coming home for a few days next week, from Monday 5th, we would rather a City fan get the fares.
    PM me your number I will text you mine. Not sure how to pm you on this new board matey

Download the app.

You put in where you are and where you want to go. You then wait for them to generate a price, if you are happy with it you pay and then they send you a car which you can track as it's on it's way to you. If you are not happy with the price then don't use it.

I have never had a bad experience with them unlike Dragons taxis.

Suppose this is pointless BUT, IF YOU AGREE A PRICE HOW COME THE WOMAN IN THE LINK ENDED UP PAYING £85. ?

If she was told it was going to be £85, she would have not got in the car.

Which part of this are you having trouble understanding ?

Suppose this is pointless BUT, IF YOU AGREE A PRICE HOW COME THE WOMAN IN THE LINK ENDED UP PAYING £85. ?

If she was told it was going to be £85, she would have not got in the car.

Which part of this are you having trouble understanding ?
    Not having trouble understanding anything. I have no idea what occured here but you do agree a price beforehand, download the app and see for yourself. This bint has been told to release this nonsense by the hackney cab bosses who are terrified about the magnitude of Ubers growth.

How many black cab drivers have been convcited of incredibly heinous crimes over the years? Boycotting them too?

I've used Uber in the UK, Europe, and USA. Never had a single problem.

Rather use them than greedy taxi drivers, there's nothing worse, except greedy coach operators that is!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    I've used Uber in the UK, Europe, and USA. Never had a single problem.

Rather use them than greedy taxi drivers, there's nothing worse, except greedy coach operators that is!
    How many uber cars are about? approx., I've never used them

Not having trouble understanding anything. I have no idea what occured here but you do agree a price beforehand, download the app and see for yourself. This bint has been told to release this nonsense by the hackney cab bosses who are terrified about the magnitude of Ubers growth.

How many black cab drivers have been convcited of incredibly heinous crimes over the years? Boycotting them too?
    "Download the App"........he's only just mastered the smileys on here !!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    "Download the App"........he's only just mastered the smileys on here !!

He's currently trying to stick an apple into the tape deck of his hifi

http://www.lyftvsuber.com/uber-driver

Uber could have some competition in the UK soon.

Lyft offering some great discounts in the US.

Uber has been fantastic for the last few years that I have been using it.

A good 20-30% cheaper where I am than what was on offer and incredibly more reliable.

If it puts ranks out of business so be it, at least the drivers can work for themselves.
    Some local officials may be a bit bent out of shape though.

In addition, the customers aren't going to be stiffed by some dodgy bastards that have been trying it on with the extra fares over the years.