+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tan`s Exit plan and debt to equity

Blue in the Face

Re: Tan`s Exit plan and debt to equity

Thanks Since62 Jumpersforgoalposts and Alfonso Perez for taking the time to give detailed info. It might be worth bumping this thread in the future to help communicate to those that need this info.

I appreciate that this is complicated stuff and it's hard for folks to get their head round, but it would help if fans made some effort to understand what is going on rather than revert to emotional guesswork on Vincent Tan's intentions for the future.

Lawnmowers point above is bang on too. This is not the season to go gung ho on gambling on promotion. Hopefully we won't be gambling at all again in the future. This practice has only held CCFC back from fulfilling it's potential.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Tan is not taking money out, but has stopped pumping money in.
    The club has to make sure it can run within the FFP rules which mean a max average loss of £13m per season over a three season period - this in itself REQUIRES a capital injection of £8m per season under the rules or otherwise the cap is £5m. This is why Tan has already stated that there will be a debt to equity conversion of £8m per season for 5 seasons.
    Under the FFP calculations the club made a loss of £10m in 2014/5 (although there was a disagreement with the EFL on the calculation), when we get the official figures for 2015/6 (which should be soon) we will then have an indication of the scale of the problem for the club for this season with the parachute payments falling.
    So tan can convert his debt to equity but the club can still operate at £65M over those 5 seasons? Tidy!

Its clear we are in for a tough few seasons.

Tans not going to back a promotion challenge. Think most realised that when we went back to blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Tans not going to back a promotion challenge. Think most realised that when we went back to blue.
    Yup, in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    No you never .
    But the debt owed in those winding up orders was no where near the level of debt this numpty has run up.
    Which is the better debt ?
    The difference being that Tan is taking any loss as opposed to others who pocketed money at the Club's expense. This subject has been done to death but now seems to be in vogue again. There are those who wanted the debt reduced are now wanting us to spend big to bring back the likes of Campbell.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Not that I'm convinced anyone would want to buy us, but for any foreign investment surely now would be a great time to invest?
    I can see why you're saying that TruBlue. Weak pound, club way off it's potential with good assets. But the 2nd tier of English football is looking enviable at the moment. As Lawnmower says above, there's too many other clubs chucking money at gambling on promotion too, so it's not rational factoring in the payoff of going up. Added to this, there are a lot of economists saying we could be in for another global meltdown soon (though this might be divisive "opinion" and have something to do with it being a US election year). I better shut up before I get this useful thread booted into the politics forum.

No you never .
    But the debt owed in those winding up orders was no where near the level of debt this numpty has run up.
    Which is the better debt ?
    The debt is currently far less than when Tan got involved, about £20m less from memory. In answer to your question about which is the 'better' debt I would suggest that our current financial position is more favourable noting that when Tan arrived HMRC were on the verge winding us up & we also had a number of other significant creditors in the background, notably Langston/Sam Hammam.

Read the demand for Campbell.

Those days are gone.

We do need to invest in a striker or 2 but the reality its to secure our place in this league.

Fraizer Campbell is out of our price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Most fans who have hung around now know this, expect crowds to fall a lot more over the next season is so.
    As if we hadn't had enough thrown at us before Tan, he's taken it to another level. I can see why so many previous loyal fans who are hitting 45+ just think F it, life is too short bla bla.....cheerio ccfc....

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    The debt is currently far less than when Tan got involved, about £20m less from memory. In answer to your question about which is the 'better' debt I would suggest that our current financial position is more favourable noting that when Tan arrived HMRC were on the verge winding us up & we also had a number of other significant creditors in the background, notably Langston/Sam Hammam.
    I think the debt levels now are about the same as when he got involved. This is based on a post I read from Since62 the other day. Shame he's on holidays, hopefully he can sneak back on when his wife's back is turned.
    Either way there is now a plan in place to bring that debt down. Unfortunately this is going to mean a few seasons of austerity but there does seem to be a plan in place and the creditor has the money to write it off if he so wishes.

Before he got involved I believe we were losing 1m a month and had HMRC trying to wind us up.
    We had a charlatan in charge who didn't have nothing to put in, had run out of credit and already spent the following season ticket money.

It's not really a difficult answer to the question "Which debt would you prefer?"

What an idiotic question

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    I think the debt levels now are about the same as when he got involved. This is based on a post I read from Since62 the other day. Shame he's on holidays, hopefully he can sneak back on when his wife's back is turned.
    Either way there is now a plan in place to bring that debt down. Unfortunately this is going to mean a few seasons of austerity but there does seem to be a plan in place and the creditor has the money to write it off if he so wishes.

Before he got involved I believe we were losing 1m a month and had HMRC trying to wind us up.
    We had a charlatan in charge who didn't have nothing to put in, had run out of credit and already spent the following season ticket money.

It's not really a difficult answer to the question "Which debt would you prefer?"

What an idiotic question

From memory the debt exceeded £60m when Tan arrived & is now around the £40m mark - as you say if Since 62 can find an excuse to slip away he can hopefully clarify

I forgot about the Riddler's infamous golden ticket scheme, I suppose we did get a 5 year price freeze out of it so not all bad I suppose

From memory the debt exceeded £60m when Tan arrived & is now around the £40m mark - as you say if Since 62 can find an excuse to slip away he can hopefully clarify

I forgot about the Riddler's infamous golden ticket scheme, I suppose we did get a 5 year price freeze out of it so not all bad I suppose
    Without his scam the tax man was closing us down.
    He was a naughty guy but he kept our little ship afloat...just...

It`s must be plainly obvious to even the most optimistic city fan that Tan is taking as much money out as he can before pissing off but will he make the club debt free before leaving?
    I think if he wavered the debt that is owed to him we could be a club that a new investor could find an attractive proposition.
    At the moment we are stagnating and haemorrhaging fans at an alarming rate. I for one hope he goes, closing the door on the worst period in the club`s history.
    It`s sad that the club had built up a decent fan base from about 2008 on wards that has now been culled by one man`s ego.
    I can`t see us signing anyone for anywhere near the money we have had in, in this transfer window.
    yes the penny as finally dropped . tan had is day in the premier league in red , but it all went a bit pete tong

now he realises that he as ****ed the fanbase up, and will sell up at the earliest opportunity.

if he was so bothered about cardiff he would throw the money back into getting cardiff back in the premier league in BLUE, but he will never do that in a million years.

the billionaire tan is more concerned about an image and a brand, than cardiff city football club.

We haven't got any money for Tan to take out. The problem is he knew feck all about football and didn't realise how much money he was going to lose and unfortunately he got burnt by people he trusted with his money but I would much rather we go down this road to eventually have a self sufficient club than if he fecked off and left

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    yes the penny as finally dropped . tan had is day in the premier league in red , but it all went a bit pete tong

now he realises that he as ****ed the fanbase up, and will sell up at the earliest opportunity.

if he was so bothered about cardiff he would throw the money back into getting cardiff back in the premier league in BLUE, but he will never do that in a million years.

the billionaire tan is more concerned about an image and a brand, than cardiff city football club.

Grown ups are talking here so please be quiet & speak when you are spoken to

grown ups who live in cuckoo land praying for the billionaire to spend a few quid on a striker in tomorrow nights transfer window.

dont hold your breathe dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Most fans who have hung around now know this, expect crowds to fall a lot more over the next season is so.
    As if we hadn't had enough thrown at us before Tan, he's taken it to another level. I can see why so many previous loyal fans who are hitting 45+ just think F it, life is too short bla bla.....cheerio ccfc....
    Sorry Goats but that's just a cop out.

A lot of those fans said they'd rather be blue than in league 2. Yet these same fans are now moaning at what appears is going to be a bumpy road in the championship.

Tan throws money at it (his money) he gets blamed for raising the debt.
    He addresses the debt and now people want him to throw more millions at it.

The club can't and wont ever be able to win with some fans.

From the blue, to the debt, to the worm on the badge or the red away kit.etc.etc there will always be some excuse.

And this is why we have people complaining about the board - same crap jokes from the Leeds fan.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    grown ups who live in cuckoo land praying for the billionaire to spend a few quid on a striker in tomorrow nights transfer window.

dont hold your breathe dummy.

If you are going to try to be clever maybe worth learning to spell first

As hard it may be please dont feed the troll.
    You've raised some good points on this thread don't let him derail it.

As hard it may be please dont feed the troll.
    You've raised some good points on this thread don't let him derail it.

If you are going to try to be clever maybe worth learning to spell first
    i will spell it out for ya , tan does not give a monkeys chuff about cardiff city anymore.

you dont play in red anymore, is that plain enough for ya, he will take is money and play somewhere else.

why do you think your home games are like a graveyard every couple of weeks eh.?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I can see why so many previous loyal fans who are hitting 45+ just think F it, life is too short bla bla.....cheerio ccfc....
    I'd add to this European football, tick, Giant killing, tick, Play off final win, tick, Wembley visits, tick, FA cup final, tick, League cup final, tick, Premiership, tick. Many fans (of that age) ambitions fulfilled. Plus same old opposition year after year. It's probably time to refresh the fan base as well. Trouble is many of the missing 45+ group have taken the next generation with them.

What an idiotic question
    Fair points Casual, but as I recall, there was already a Malaysian consortium headed up by TG - Dato Chan Tien Ghee - who had already pulled us out of the sh1te - before - VT steamed in (and upped the ante and muscled them all out).

Just saying. Surely others remember this too?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I'd add to this European football, tick, Giant killing, tick, Play off final win, tick, Wembley visits, tick, FA cup final, tick, League cup final, tick, Premiership, tick. Many fans (of that age) ambitions fulfilled. Plus same old opposition year after year. It's probably time to refresh the fan base as well. Trouble is many of the missing 45+ group have taken the next generation with them.
    bullshit tan as destroyed your club, he wanted a certain identity and it did not work out.

relegation onwards the red plastic glory brigade left long ago now you are left with a divided: fanbase and a chairman who cannot wait to get on with is next toy to play with , cardiff in blue is not for mr tan.