+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff in battle for new keeper..

Cardiff in battle for new keeper..

Re: Cardiff in battle for new keeper..

This goalkeeper debacle in selling Simon Moore then David Marshall has really been the thing that has highlighted how much of a mess we still are behind the scenes at this present time.

It shows me that our only strategy is to fumble about in the darkness and hope for the best.

it's embarrassing and I truly believe there are people on here who are more capable of running our club.

There are players like Alex Armstrong who would be far less of a gamble than Zohore and when you think that he has been signed by Barnsley (along with Ryan Kent) it really makes you scratch your head.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    This goalkeeper debacle in selling Simon Moore then David Marshall has really been the thing that has highlighted how much of a mess we still are behind the scenes at this present time.

It shows me that our only strategy is to fumble about in the darkness and hope for the best.

it's embarrassing and I truly believe there are people on here who are more capable of running our club.

There are players like Alex Armstrong who would be far less of a gamble than Zohore and when you think that he has been signed by Barnsley (along with Ryan Kent) it really makes you scratch your head.
    Crazy. Imagine Simon Moore isnt too happy either. Spent what 2/3 years here and moves as he can't get past Marshall, then within a week we sell Marshall and he would presumably have been our number 1!

WE got the England goalkeeper coach surely we are able to get a decent keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    12 years in English football, 57 games. Ex-Swansea 'keeper.

21 of those games came last season in League 2 with Pompey.

It sounds to me like the managers under the owner have an instruction from above ,and are scurrying around to grab browny points, or its get it done or yer out .

Wasn't he in George and Mildred ?

Killer that all this has happened at the end of the window and not at the beginning. We would've had a host of goalkeepers available and now we've got to scrape from the bottom of the barrel. Danny Ward would've been a great signing.

Ben Hamer has dropped to 3rd choice at Leicester

Sam Johnstone at Man Utd

Tomas Mejias at boro

All potential loans available

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Wasn't he in George and Mildred ?

Last of the summer wine too.

Can't we see about getting that tall old bloke with the stick to play as a target man?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Crazy. Imagine Simon Moore isnt too happy either. Spent what 2/3 years here and moves as he can't get past Marshall, then within a week we sell Marshall and he would presumably have been our number 1!
    We probably told him of our plans to get Ben Amos and Yootha Joyce's husband in and he knew that he couldn't live with that sort of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We probably told him of our plans to get Ben Amos and Yootha Joyce's husband in and he knew that he couldn't live with that sort of competition.

You know things have reached comical proportions when TOBW starts taking the piss.

Unfortunately I have posted similar questions.
    We have taken an age to offload Dicgacol, Macheda and Le Fondre and we sign two strikers that will probably be in the same position at the end of the season ?
    We sell both goalkeepers in a week and are now at the final day of the deadline without a replacement.
    We seem to have an abundance of midfield players but are extremely short on quality and pace (nothing new either).
    I sometimes wonder what benefits these so called "football men" are bringing to the club.
    Dalman and co seem to carry on making the same mistakes as their predecessors

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's good to know that the Club have a Yootha policy.

back up to Amos i think

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Killer that all this has happened at the end of the window and not at the beginning. We would've had a host of goalkeepers available and now we've got to scrape from the bottom of the barrel. Danny Ward would've been a great signing.

Ben Hamer has dropped to 3rd choice at Leicester

Sam Johnstone at Man Utd

Tomas Mejias at boro

All potential loans available
    Julian Speroni,

Julian Speroni

Julian Speroni

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Julian Speroni,

Julian Speroni

Julian Speroni

I'd rather we went for Julian Speroni

We probably can't compete with Dundalk when it comes to wages.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    We probably can't compete with Dundalk when it comes to wages.
    yeah, they can talk the talk, but can they dun the dalk?

Julian Speroni,

Julian Speroni

Julian Speroni
    4 for a fiver in Tesco

Blue in the Face

Julian Speroni,

Julian Speroni

Julian Speroni
    One of those could be realistic

Just heard on the radio that clubs can loan goalkeepers after the transfer window closes on a week by week basis