+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can we stay up?

Can we stay up?

After being linked with Brian Murphy as Marshall's replacement, it really hammers home the cost cutting at CCFC. What is going on? Why spend £1m on Emyr Huws when he can't start but we have massive holes in the squad?

The cost cutting suggests we may miss out on Lafferty (which normally I wouldn't be too disappointed but our striking options are next to nothing if we don't get him in), so this would be a disaster now. Shows how far we've fallen, eh?!

Is there enough in the team to stay up with the current players and manager? For my money, there isn't.

Re: Can we stay up?

If our home form dives then I fear for us.

We need to make the CCS a fortress again.

I am not worried though. I've seen enough to suggest we can beat anyone when we actually play well.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post

I am not worried though. I've seen enough to suggest we can beat anyone when we actually play well.
    When did you last see us play well for an entire game, or even an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Today will tell us a lot about the clubs ambitions. We all know there were players that needed to move on and we need to operate within our means, but today will tell us a lot, I reckon......

Put another way which 3 clubs are worse than us?

I know it's early stages but Rotherham, Błackburn, Preston, Wigan & Leeds are the clubs whom may be vulnerable with us.

Not being pessimistic but realistic given what we've seen so far this season from City and our totally buzarre transfer committee system bringing the club to its knees.

After being linked with Brian Murphy as Marshall's replacement, it really hammers home the cost cutting at CCFC. What is going on? Why spend £1m on Emyr Huws when he can't start but we have massive holes in the squad?

The cost cutting suggests we may miss out on Lafferty (which normally I wouldn't be too disappointed but our striking options are next to nothing if we don't get him in), so this would be a disaster now. Shows how far we've fallen, eh?!

Is there enough in the team to stay up with the current players and manager? For my money, there isn't.
    of course we can if we call pull together,through the tough times

I firmly believe we are currently a bottom 6 team so relegation will always be a worry.
    I think we will survive, but only just.....

Blue in the Face

We still might recruit players. We'll have a clear picture tomorrow. Worried about our keeper situation.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post

HOME FORM DIVES !!!!!

it's in freefall now.

Until we signed Lambert, I had a sickening feeling that Blackburn's Duffy, would be our leading goal scorer this season and that relegation was definitely on the cards.

Now I have a feeling, that provided Lambert can stay injury free for most of the season, the we won't fare quite so badly.

Blackburn we hammered them.

And we dominated versus QPR we just couldnt finish.

QPR were utter crap. They deserved nothing.

And Reading were incredibly defensive and boring until 30 mins left. Granted we were dire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Until we signed Lambert, I had a sickening feeling that Blackburn's Duffy, would be our leading goal scorer this season and that relegation was definitely on the cards.

Now I have a feeling, that provided Lambert can stay injury free for most of the season, the we won't fare quite so badly.
    Not sure it's a done deal yet, we only have Lawnmowers word for it at the moment. I really do hope he's right though.

Can we? Yes
    Will we? Based on what I've seen so far, I'm not sure.