+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Definitely no Campbell or Mutch then

Definitely no Campbell or Mutch then

It was always unlikely that either would come to us,but they are not going anywhere as Palace have just tweeted on the live Sky blog that all transfer business in or out is done for them this window. If

Re: Definitely no Campbell or Mutch then

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    It was always unlikely that either would come to us,but they are not going anywhere as Palace have just tweeted on the live Sky blog that all transfer business in or out is done for them this window. If
    WBA done the same no mention of Lambert

Well if you lot on here cannot keep the news up to date I ll have to pop over to another MB for the latest updates!!!

And no goalie or Lambert, we're going to struggle

Blue in the Face

Your OP is like a cliffhanger. Any breaking news!!!!!?????

Lambert has signed

Mutch was still a real possibility as of this morning. Was at exactly the same stage as Lambert, but would presume it's not going to happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Mutch was still a real possibility as of this morning. Was at exactly the same stage as Lambert, but would presume it's not going to happen now.

Not sure what's happened there. Looks like he's not going to be named in their Premiership squad, so could be out in the cold until January. I wonder whether he would have failed the medical so it got called off. Guess we'll not know!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Not sure what's happened there. Looks like he's not going to be named in their Premiership squad, so could be out in the cold until January. I wonder whether he would have failed the medical so it got called off. Guess we'll not know!
    There was interest from another club then it seemed to go off the radar. Lots of players in bad situations now, imagine we'll see an influx of loans in January in the championship now. Theres a load at Palace alone.

I would have been VERY surprised if Mutch had even considered come here, and to a lesser extent Campbell. Those days are long gone I'm afraid.

Ricky Lambert is more like it - hardly one for the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I would have been VERY surprised if Mutch had even considered come here, and to a lesser extent Campbell. Those days are long gone I'm afraid.

I can't comment on Campbell but Mutch (as with many other professionals) will have to sit out the next 4 months with zero chance of league action, counting up Palace players, he's unlikely to make their squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

What reputation Jordon Mutch has was made at Cardiff City when he showed himself to be a mobile central midfielder who could make and score goals at the highest level despite playing for the worst team in the Premier League - if he's got no chance of playing first team football at Palace, then I'd say the opportunity to return to Cardiff on a temporary basis should have appealed to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    There was interest from another club then it seemed to go off the radar. Lots of players in bad situations now, imagine we'll see an influx of loans in January in the championship now. Theres a load at Palace alone.
    Dan, perhaps Wilshire opting for Bournemouth over Palace was a factor in Mutch remaining at Palace. If so it's another reason to hate the former!!