+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Goalkeeper loans

Blue in the Face

Goalkeeper loans

Clubs can loan goalkeepers, not outfield players, after the transfer window closes on a week by week basis.

There will be plenty of available keepers I feel after today.

Might be an idea to give Amos a chance first.

Re: Goalkeeper loans

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Clubs can loan goalkeepers, not outfield players, after the transfer window closes on a week by week basis.

There will be plenty of available keepers I feel after today.

Might be an idea to give Amos a chance first.
    Only if the club can produce medical evidence that their other keepers are unfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Only if the club can produce medical evidence that their other keepers are unfit.
    Unfit for purpose?

Should be ok then.

Should have sold Marshall in July, I thought the only reason we held out was because we were waiting for money. That didn't happen and we sold him on the cheap with barely any time to replace him. Transfer policy has been a shambles.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Sheeeit. Does the age of the keepers at our club come into the calculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Sheeeit. Does the age of the keepers at our club come into the calculation?
    Amos is a month older than Moore, they're both 26, so we can't use that as an excuse. Bolton concede 81 in the league last season, Amos played in all bar 6 of those games, so must have conceded 2+ average per game. It's a big gamble.

Presumably whoever was in for a medical today (I've not been able to confirm the names still) is out of contract. If so, we can sign them whenever. As long as they were out of contract or released before 22.59 this evening, they're free to sign for any club in any league, whether they're a goalkeeper or an outfield player.

Probably that Murphy that Dundalk are after mind, so nothing worth getting excited about. I'd rather we just give Wilson a run of games.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Presumably whoever was in for a medical today (I've not been able to confirm the names still) is out of contract. If so, we can sign them whenever. As long as they were out of contract or released before 22.59 this evening, they're free to sign for any club in any league, whether they're a goalkeeper or an outfield player.

Probably that Murphy that Dundalk are after mind, so nothing worth getting excited about. I'd rather we just give Wilson a run of games.
    Neville Southall?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Amos is a month older than Moore, they're both 26, so we can't use that as an excuse. Bolton concede 81 in the league last season, Amos played in all bar 6 of those games, so must have conceded 2+ average per game. It's a big gamble.
    About the same average conceded as Marshall when he was our player of the season in the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    You may be right but I can remember having similar thoughts when we signed Marshall from Norwich, who had just been relegated conceding 70 goals in the process. Charlton were relegated along with Norwich having conceded 74 goals with Mark Hudson at the heart of their defence & we signed him too!