+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lambert's wages?

Lambert's wages?

I'm having a debate with a friend and could do with some fire power from you lot. What do you reckon he'll be on? My mate quoted 20-25k. As a United 'fan' I could understand the confusion as to the financial level we are punching at City however I've said around 10-15k tops. For a 33 year old ex prem and international I could see the added value aspect, along with the fact we've offloaded a few high earners? I'd be very interested to know your thoughts lads

Re: Lambert's wages?

Quote Originally Posted by BrummieBluebird View Post
    I'm having a debate with a friend and could do with some fire power from you lot. What do you reckon he'll be on? My mate quoted 20-25k. As a United 'fan' I could understand the confusion as to the financial level we are punching at City however I've said around 10-15k tops. For a 33 year old ex prem and international I could see the added value aspect, along with the fact we've offloaded a few high earners? I'd be very interested to know your thoughts lads
    Genuinely no idea - but would hope it's £20k max - and ideally performance related...

Re: Lambert's wages?

Quote Originally Posted by BrummieBluebird View Post
    I'd split the difference. The figure I got from my WBA source was a guess of £25k + various add ons. I understand when he joined West Brom from Liverpool he took a substantial cut in salary.

He's 2 years older & dropping down a division so my guess would be £20k tops & Tan doesn't do add-ons.

Hopefully we'll never know & it's all speculation.