+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chris Gunter

Chris Gunter

You gotta love this guy. Would have loved us to brought him back home.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37251204

Re: Chris Gunter

Agree with you - we had to sell him I suppose, but he could have been our right back for a decade and would have been better than anyone else we've had there since in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agree with you - we had to sell him I suppose, but he could have been our right back for a decade and would have been better than anyone else we've had there since in my opinion.
    I was disappointed we did sell him when we did . felt it was a panic sell , and he would have grown and been worth a lot more money at the end of it , DJ was not a great believer in youth either ,like to sell on and bring in the over 30's been and done it brigade, I was advised at the time of DJ landing that his he was the same at Wolves not likely to take a long punt on younger players in the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I was disappointed we did sell him when we did . felt it was a panic sell , and he would have grown and been worth a lot more money at the end of it , DJ was not a great believer in youth either ,like to sell on and bring in the over 30's been and done it brigade, I was advised at the time of DJ landing that his he was the same at Wolves not likely to take a long punt on younger players in the first team.
    The way he dealt with Adam Matthews is proof of this

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Nonsense. DJ full vindicated given Matthews career since.

Fans making out we had another Aarn Ramsey on our hands. Embarrassing.

Matthews is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Matthews was over-rated. If he wasn't Welsh, nobody would think twice about him.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post

Matthews is shit.
    Matthews isn't shit, but he wasn't good enough for Championship football.

Matthews is shit.
    Matthews is a player who been signed by a Champions league playing side, a premier league side and now an ambitious championship side. Perhaps the lad has still a long way to go to deserve such moves but hardly rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Matthews is a player who been signed by a Champions league playing side, a premier league side and now an ambitious championship side. Perhaps the lad has still a long way to go to deserve such moves but hardly rubbish.
    Footballs about opinions. I think he's shit.

He's made 1 appearance for Sunderland and can't get into the Wurzels team.

Perhaps his next move will be to TNS and you can say he's joined a team who play in the Champions League
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 03-09-16 at 12:29.

Footballs about opinions. I think he's shit.

He's made 1 appearance for Sunderland and can't get into the Wurzels team.

Perhaps his next move will be to TNS and you can say he's joined a team who play in the Champions League
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37163884

PI didn't think Mathew's was as good as some City fans make out but it was very odd that Marshall was soon side lined after he defended Adam's own goal

Not better than Super Kev for me. Super Kev a superior defender, maybe Gunter shades it going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Matthews isn't shit, but he wasn't good enough for Championship football.
    Shit or not, he got out jumped by Nathan Dyer for a headed goal which says it all.

I stand corrected on the Wurzels however I still don't rate him. He certainly hasn't turned out to be the big star City fans made out in order to have a pop at DJ.
    The next Aaron Ramsey he was not.

Decent bloke - crap footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Shit or not, he got out jumped by Nathan Dyer for a headed goal which says it all.
    Rio Ferdinand got outjumped by messi in a champions league final once.

Earnshaw scored plenty of headers for us back in the day - and he was 4ft 11.

I'd have Gunter here in a flash

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pete View Post
    Decent bloke - crap footballer.
    I little harsh to dismiss him as crap! It's all relative isn't it, he's not going to get in the Real team or anything is he, but he's a good Championship defender who never fails to put in a performance for his country.

73 caps and only 27 years of age. Well on his way to overtaking Neville Southall and becoming the most capped Welsh footballer. That is a tribute in itself.