+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone fit or know Log Burner fitter?!

Anyone fit or know Log Burner fitter?!

Mrs is after a log burner...had a quote all in for over £2k with the fitting being charged at over £800...when I tackled the sales girl she said this is for two skilled fitters for a day! How she kept a straight fae saying that!

I can buy a new stove online even the flu liner etc. for half the price they quoted. The skilled bit is the fitting and signing off the job, does anyone on here do this or know someone who does? I'm thinking ideally someone who works for Topstak etc and does this on the side.

Appreciate any advice...

Re: Anyone fit or know Log Burner fitter?!

There's a fitter from Bridgend that's meant to do very good prices. He's going out with a girl I know. I can get his number if you want?

needs to be installed and signed off by a HETAS registtered person or your home insurance will be void. i used this company for mine. they will come to cardiff.

http://www.thestovehut.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by blue_thru_and_thru View Post
    Mrs is after a log burner...had a quote all in for over £2k with the fitting being charged at over £800...when I tackled the sales girl she said this is for two skilled fitters for a day! How she kept a straight fae saying that!

I can buy a new stove online even the flu liner etc. for half the price they quoted. The skilled bit is the fitting and signing off the job, does anyone on here do this or know someone who does? I'm thinking ideally someone who works for Topstak etc and does this on the side.

Appreciate any advice...
    It's a job you can do yourself if you're a reasonable DIYer. The building reg's people at the council will advise you and sign it off if you comply with building reg's. I did my own install, and had three visits from the inspectors for £180.00. Fees vary, but if you ring the council they'll tell you what it'll cost and on their first visit they'll tell you if you need a liner ETC. I did mine for less than a thousand quid but I had a block chimney with a clay liner already in place.

Have a think.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    It's a job you can do yourself if you're a reasonable DIYer. The building reg's people at the council will advise you and sign it off if you comply with building reg's. I did my own install, and had three visits from the inspectors for £180.00. Fees vary, but if you ring the council they'll tell you what it'll cost and on their first visit they'll tell you if you need a liner ETC. I did mine for less than a thousand quid but I had a block chimney with a clay liner already in place.

Have a think.
    Didn't know you could fit them to a caravan.........

Appreciate the respones guys...

BANC BLUE - if you did have a number that you could direct message that would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_thru_and_thru View Post
    Appreciate the respones guys..

BANC BLUE - if you did have a number that you could direct message that would be appreciated!

Hi - it's Hywel.

He has a page H R Lewis Wood burning stoves

https://m.facebook.com/HR-Lewis-Wood...8419439564066/

Perfect thanks....will call him later

Was wondering about his the other day, with the obese thing floating about , have they stopped pushing small children up chimneys to clean them ??