+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Lennie Lawrence immortal?

Is Lennie Lawrence immortal?

I am a bit disturbed, even frightened, by Lennie Lawrence's endurance. Most football managers are here today and gone tomorrow, but Lennie seems to have been around for ever.

Even when he was at Charlton I used to wonder how he could last there season after season. It felt like he was there about twenty years. At that time mangers everywhere were being scythed like hay by imbecilic chairmen and impatient fans but it seemed as if Lenny couldn't be sacked. Maybe they did sack him but he kept coming into work and they just let him carry on. I knew someone who did that.

He finally left Charlton and it a was a very long time before he came to Cardiff. It was long enough to manage four clubs. Then he had three years at Cardiff. I say three but it seemed a lot longer. After that he went off radar for 10 or 15 years. Now he's back at Cardiff. On the net it says he's only 68 but all his spells in management together with off radar time add up to about a hundred years. Something is not right.

Re: Is Lennie Lawrence immortal?

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I am a bit disturbed, even frightened, by Lennie Lawrence's endurance. Most football managers are here today and gone tomorrow, but Lennie seems to have been around for ever.

Even when he was at Charlton I used to wonder how he could last there season after season. It felt like he was there about twenty years. At that time mangers everywhere were being scythed like hay by imbecilic chairmen and impatient fans but it seemed as if Lenny couldn't be sacked. Maybe they did sack him but he kept coming into work and they just let him carry on. I knew someone who did that.

He finally left Charlton and it a was a very long time before he came to Cardiff. It was long enough to manage four clubs. Then he had three years at Cardiff. I say three but it seemed a lot longer. After that he went off radar for 10 or 15 years. Now he's back at Cardiff. On the net it says he's only 68 but all his spells in management together with off radar time add up to about a hundred years. Something is not right.
    A touch of Dorian Gray.

The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.