+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FIFA Rankings - Wales currently 9th

FIFA Rankings - Wales currently 9th

By my rushed calculations:-

Wales currently 9th in the FIFA rankings (moved above Italy and Spain). A win tonight will not improve on that, but will cement a place in the top 10. Italy and Spain cannot go above a victorious Wales - even if they beat Israel and Liechtenstein respectively (Italy and Spain are in the same qualifying group). However, a win for Uruguay against Paraguay on Wednesday would be enough to put Wales back into 10th place.

Wales will be above England, even if defeated tonight. Although it is very close between them both so don't be too surprised if my calculations are wrong, and England are one of a number of teams who will move above Wales if Wales lose.

A number of teams can leap-frog Wales, if Wales draw or lose to Moldova. Let's not think about that for now though.

Re: FIFA Rankings - Wales currently 9th

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    By my rushed calculations:-

Wales currently 9th in the FIFA rankings (moved above Italy and Spain). A win tonight will not improve on that, but will cement a place in the top 10. Italy and Spain cannot go above a victorious Wales - even if they beat Israel and Liechtenstein respectively (Italy and Spain are in the same qualifying group). However, a win for Uruguay against Paraguay on Wednesday would be enough to put Wales back into 10th place.

Wales will be above England, even if defeated tonight. Although it is very close between them both so don't be too surprised if my calculations are wrong, and England are one of a number of teams who will move above Wales if Wales lose.

A number of teams can leap-frog Wales, if Wales draw or lose to Moldova. Let's not think about that for now though.
    So which one is it?

Re: FIFA Rankings - Wales currently 9th

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    So which one is it?
    "Wales will be above England, even if defeated tonight. Although it is very close between them both so don't be too surprised if my calculations are wrong, and England are one of a number of teams who will move above Wales if Wales lose."

Helps to read the whole sentence.