+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Unilever

Unilever

Profiteering or punishing the UK. Its disgraceful. Unilever is based in the Rotterdam (its does have a sub UK company), so its earning are in Euros. That means their UK earnings are worth some 15-20% MORE in its native Euro. Prices should be decreasing here not increasing as a result of Brexit.

Big business trying to push its agenda. SHAMEFUL.

Re: Unilever

Sod flogging the new fivers for loads of money. Its all about Marmite now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...armite&_sop=16

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Profiteering or punishing the UK. Its disgraceful. Unilever is based in the Rotterdam (its does have a sub UK company), so its earning are in Euros. That means their UK earnings are worth some 15-20% MORE in its native Euro. Prices should be decreasing here not increasing as a result of Brexit.

Big business trying to push its agenda. SHAMEFUL.
    Talk me through your thinking

Whiskey thinking. Euros earnings are worth more. Getting mixed up. :homer:

Cost cutting is down to the suppliers to sort, not tescos.

Aren't price changes usually agreed long in advance?.

This sort of short term demand should never be accepted by tescos. Currency always fluctuates. If tariffs are introduced then obviously they'll negotiate. But currency, not a bloody chance.

As someone said on the Times:

Marmite is produced entirely in the United Kingdom, largely from yeast sludge left over from brewing beer. The value of the pound should therefore have no effect whatsoever on the price of the product.

Immigration v Marmite both very strong subject mattters

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Immigration v Marmite both very strong subject mattters
    State Control v Big Business. It's all grimly fascinating. Theresa Mayhem's got some very powerful enemies at the mo. And none of them are Jezza. Hopefully he'll clean up at the next GE after the economy has gone tits-up.

(j'adore Marmite btw).

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    State Control v Big Business. It's all grimly fascinating. Theresa Mayhem's got some very powerful enemies at the mo. And none of them are Jezza. Hopefully he'll clean up at the next GE after the economy has gone tits-up.

(j'adore Marmite btw).
    I like the guy and think his policies are great, but you're kidding yourself if you think he's gonna win an election.

edit: especially on the grounds of 'building a stronger economy'

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I like the guy and think his policies are great, but you're kidding yourself if you think he's gonna win an election.

edit: especially on the grounds of 'building a stronger economy'
    Don't rule out a Prog Alliance bro. If the economy is tanking come the next GE Theresa Mayhem will be toast. Surprised she hasn't gone for an early election (which she would surely win) and given herself a proper mandate. Her lack of a mandate is already being used as a stick to beat her with. Not that I'm bovvered.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    Don't rule out a Prog Alliance bro. If the economy is tanking come the next GE Theresa Mayhem will be toast. Surprised she hasn't gone for an early election (which she would surely win) and given herself a proper mandate. Her lack of a mandate is already being used as a stick to beat her with. Not that I'm bovvered.
    I'm not bovriled either.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    largely from yeast Sludge left over from brewing beer.
    Yikes