+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dæhli

Re: Dæhli

He is the Norwegian Joniesta, though I fear Jonny may not have much of a career much like Jack Collison.

The st Pauli fans seem to think he's good enough for the bundersliga and too good for bundersliga II. They would have him back there in a heartbeat next season, but think they may struggle to get him.
    Hasn't picked up that many goals or assists since joining, but their results have taken a dramatic improvement, and he seems to have been doing plenty to impress their fans. Not a single dissenting voice on that thread.

Scored tonight for St Pauli in a 3-0 win as they move up to 11th, 90 minutes for Mats too. Shame the season is coming to an end. Two more for Burgstaller as Schalke won 4-1 at Bayer Leverkusen.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Scored tonight for St Pauli in a 3-0 win as they move up to 11th, 90 minutes for Mats too. Shame the season is coming to an end. Two more for Burgstaller as Schalke won 4-1 at Bayer Leverkusen.
    He's a bit of an enigma, has only picked up something like 2 goals and one assist since he's been there and he's fairly consistently played as a number 10, where you'd expect more direct goal involvement.
    However, when they signed him they were adrift and looked relegated for sure. Since then they've been in promotion winning form and I'm not sure if any other teams have actually got as many points as them. They look like they'll finish top half.

No idea if Dæhli has actually been a key part in that dramatic recovery or not though.

He was only playing around an hour in the first couple of months there, but lately seems to be lasting the full 90. It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's a bit of an enigma, has only picked up something like 2 goals and one assist since he's been there and he's fairly consistently played as a number 10, where you'd expect more direct goal involvement.
    However, when they signed him they were adrift and looked relegated for sure. Since then they've been in promotion winning form and I'm not sure if any other teams have actually got as many points as them. They look like they'll finish top half.

No idea if Dæhli has actually been a key part in that dramatic recovery or not though.

He was only playing around an hour in the first couple of months there, but lately seems to be lasting the full 90. It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.
    Indeed. The one problem I'd have with Daehli as a number 10 is that he didn't strike me as someone with a great eye for goal or making runs into the box, I'd like a player in that position to be able to support the striker and even take his place if the striker has dropped off or gone wide. It's a bit unfair if we're going to start comparing every number 10 to Dele Alli but he's the extreme example of what I mean. I'm sure a fit Daehli would be an asset to most teams though, as long as their manager has a positive IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Indeed. The one problem I'd have with Daehli as a number 10 is that he didn't strike me as someone with a great eye for goal or making runs into the box, I'd like a player in that position to be able to support the striker and even take his place if the striker has dropped off or gone wide. It's a bit unfair if we're going to start comparing every number 10 to Dele Alli but he's the extreme example of what I mean. I'm sure a fit Daehli would be an asset to most teams though, as long as their manager has a positive IQ.
    He took his goal calmly enough yesterday. It was a poor clearance from the Keeper that fell to him, but he rounded the Keeper nicely and rolled it home

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He took his goal calmly enough yesterday. It was a poor clearance from the Keeper that fell to him, but he rounded the Keeper nicely and rolled it home
    For the third league goal of his club career (before he joined St Pauli in late January his only league goal was the one at West Brom). He's got 4 in total in 62 appearances at club level, Dele Alli got 18 in 62 league games for MK Dons and has 26 in 63 for Spurs. Not knocking Daehli at all, I love him, but you'd probably have to give a bit of thought to how to set up and where to play him to make the most of his talents.