+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 7 announcement today

iPhone 7 announcement today

6pm uk time.

Re: iPhone 7 announcement today

iOS 10 and macOS Sierra as well, both of which are excellent, especially iOS 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    iOS 10 and macOS Sierra as well, both of which are excellent, especially iOS 10.

I'm due an upgrade but I'm hanging on untill I see what the iphone 7 offers and release date etc

I'll most probably be getting an iPhone 6+ was really considering a Samsung s7 edge but they seem to blow up

Apple all the way

On live now

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2016/

Super Mario coming to iOS is first main update.

Waste of money these flagship phones. Is it worth the£700 it costs. Decent technology but hardly worth that much.

It's shiny bling worshipping at the altar of consumerism. The power of advertising has convinced millions of people to cough £700 for such phones when there's reasonable alternatives available for under £100. Of course, owners are free to choose how to spend their money how they wish. Though, I must say those who have debts would benefit greatly from a boot up the Aris.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's shiny bling worshipping at the altar of consumerism. The power of advertising has convinced millions of people to cough £700 for such phones when there's reasonable alternatives available for under £100. Of course, owners are free to choose how to spend their money how they wish. Though, I must say those who have debts would benefit greatly from a boot up the Aris.
    Kids will be going without food so their parents can gorp into their new prize possession.
    Even worse are the jokers trying to offload last years model on Gumtree for £350/£400 sovs

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Kids will be going without food so their parents can gorp into their new prize possession.
    Even worse are the jokers trying to offload last years model on Gumtree for £350/£400 sovs

Got £475 for mine actually on gumtree last week meaning my new latest model with 12 months warranty and open to a cheap sim free deal for the next 12 months will cost me just over 200 sovs for the year

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

Got £475 for mine actually on gumtree last week meaning my new latest model with 12 months warranty and open to a cheap sim free deal for the next 12 months will cost me just over 200 sovs for the year
    I do like the functionality of the eye phone but until i can get one for a decent price, the Z3 will remain!!!

Price more expensive than in the States, disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Price more expensive than in the States, disappointing
    Blame Brexit for that. Also don't forget US prices exclude sales tax...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Waste of money these flagship phones. Is it worth the£700 it costs. Decent technology but hardly worth that much.
    It is to those apple workers in Asia earning billions

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    Blame Brexit for that. Also don't forget US prices exclude sales tax...
    Hardly, just spent two weeks in the states and it was eye wateringly expensive .

Was that brexit too?

Was sincerely disappointed with the iphone after all the hype. Itunes did my swede in everytime I tried to use it.

Anyways, a busy successful guy like me needs two sims in the same phone, plus I love the fact I have two batteries so can constantly charge fully, drain the other then switch. I do love my Samsung S5 Duos, fair play. It's quite old now, but it's incredibly robust and I have absolutely no need t upgrade it either as nothing that's come out in the last few years would improve on it.

My i phone is out of contract ( only just) I have gone sim only, no need for a new phone.
    All of a sudden the screen is freezing , not responding to my gentle touch , are these things designed to fail when the contract has expired? :

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    My i phone is out of contract ( only just) I have gone sim only, no need for a new phone.
    All of a sudden the screen is freezing , not responding to my gentle touch , are these things designed to fail when the contract has expired? :
    Knowing Apple, yes. Planned / remote obsolesence perhaps?

in a word no, my 5c has been out of contract for 6 months, £5 a month gift gaff sim works the same as the o2 sim when contracted, phone works the same as when brand new, where as every android phone i ever owned was dog shit slow and laggy before the contract expired

Hardly, just spent two weeks in the states and it was eye wateringly expensive .

Was that brexit too?
    Since brexit, the £ has dropped from about $1.50/£ to $1.20/£ so yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Spot on! £700 for a phone - madness.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Since brexit, the £ has dropped from about $1.50/£ to $1.20/£ so yeah
    $1.48/£ to $1.34/£ so not quite as above

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Well played

The iPhone 7 will be missing the headphone jack. You can buy Airpods which will cost £159, but I've already got superior high quality IEM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    The pound has fallen from 2.09 to 1.34 over the last 9 years . Brexit has a lot to answer for.

Was that brexit too?
    Yes because the exchange rate is at its worst in years

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yes because the exchange rate is at its worst in years
    Read my post above.

Even if the rate was 2-1 the cost of living in America has gone through the roof. $10 for a small bottle of beer.

The pound has fallen from 2.09 to 1.34 over the last 9 years . Bankers have a lot to answer for.
    FYP