+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trollope "really pleased" with our summer transfer business

Trollope "really pleased" with our summer transfer business

According to Wales online.

Let's see. We've brought in 9 players, either signed or on loan. So far, only Lex Immers is an ever present. He was on loan with us last season so is hardly a new signing. Ashley Richards has started 4 matches and the jury is out on his City start.

Of the remaining 7, only Gounongbe has started for us, although Lambert will be expected to start next time out. Bennett and Amos might start too, though their acquisitions are about improving the balance sheet, not about bringing in better players than we sold in Fabio and Marshall.

Huws has been hailed a good signing yet has managed 6 more minutes for Wales this season than he's managed for us. Zohore looked average last season and signing him permanently can only be about keeping the wage bill down. Brian Murphy as 3rd choice keeper is a mystery.

In comparison with the side that finished last season it's difficult to argue that we've got a better squad now than we did in May, though we certainly have a cheaper one. Excluding Immers and Zahore, who were with us at the end of last season, would you rather Amos and Murphy or Marshall and Moore? Fabio and Malone or Richards and Bennett? 2 from Kenwyne Jones, Le Fondre, Rhys Healey and Idris Saadi or Gounongbe and Lambert?

I think it's safe to suggest that we'll reap what we've sown this summer.

Re: Trollope "really pleased" with our summer transfer business

I personally think he's kept his cards close to his chest, purposely decided to lull opponents into not taking us seriously and following the international break he's gonna unleash all the new signings at once and storm it to the premier league

What do you expect him to say?

It's been shit and therefore piss off his employer and knock the confidence of the players he's signed?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post

It's been shit and therefore piss off his employer and knock the confidence of the players he's signed?
    Of course, but he must surely know the fans know he's talking bollocks!

Cardiff City boss Paul Trollope has declared himself 'really pleased' with his side's summer transfer business.

Many Cardiff fans were left frustrated by the lack of activity on deadline day as only one player was brought in.

But the Bluebirds did sign seven new players earlier in the summer, including Emyr Huws and Frederic Gounongbe.

Rickie Lambert was drafted in from West Brom at the eleventh hour to add to Trollope's attacking options.

Trollope said: "We were linked with a lot of people but Lambert was always top of the list.

"He's been in my thoughts all through the summer and pre-season.

"Rickie will bring a lot to the side. He can create goals as well as score them and is a good target man.

"We were late in signing him because West Brom had to wrap up some business - as they brought in Hal Robson-Kanu. It meant that his medical was later than anticipated, but we're pleased it all went through."

Cardiff had been linked with a host of attacking options during the summer and even on transfer deadline day itself - most notably Kyle Lafferty.

Trollope said: "There were a lot of unfounded rumours going around. You ask questions about a lot of players when the window is open and you can understand agents and clubs perhaps reading a bit too much into that.

"Then things are announced that sometimes aren't the case."

This summer also saw club legend David Marshall and full-back Fabio leave the club for the Premier Leauge.

Marshall was snapped up by Hull for £5 million while Fabio has left for Middlesbrough.

Trollope said: "We had good offers for the two of them and we've already moved on quite quickly.

"We wish David and Fabio the best of luck in the Premier League."

Cardiff have stuttered into life this season with just five points from their opening five matches, and Trollope knows that more is expected.

"These first few games we've got into some nice positions and played some decent stuff but failed to finish it off when we are on top in games.

New signing Lambert could make his Bluebirds debut this Saturday as the side travel to Norwich.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...inks-11852042?

Banned

Lambert was always top of the list.

"He's been in my thoughts all through the summer and pre-season".

How can he be "pleased " we have a worse squad after the summer transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Of course, but he must surely know the fans know he's talking bollocks!
    Of course he does..... Hes playing the game and what can he do. If he wants to keep t he job he has to get on with it. The squad is capable of surviving and probably mid table security.... At best

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post

I think he'd been in Trollope's thoughts from about 7pm on transfer deadline day when they had failed to bring in any of the transfer committee's other targets having realised that Ken and Fred are unlikely to set the conference, sorry, division alight.

Edit:

I forgot that Trollope had coached Lambert at the Gas.
    Last edited by Eric the Half a Bee; 08-09-16 at 19:56.

Do we have a worse squad? We probably have a worse starting 11 having lost Marshall but otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think he'd been in Trollope's thoughts from about 7pm on transfer deadline day when they had failed to bring in any of the transfer committee's other targets having realised that Ken and Fred are unlikely to set the conference, sorry, division alight.

Edit:

I forgot that Trollope had coached Lambert at the Gas.

They had their photos taken together by the side of the pitch about 5 pm on deadline day - so I reckon the thought was earlier than you suggest.

Surely we need just accept that mistakes were made ( looks like the club has accepted the same) and cut the club / manager / current players some slack, and some support.

We are where we are, and we only have the players we have, and they all pull the shirt on.
    I suspect Trollope did what he could.

Dalman's interview earlier today spelled out the current operational situation. Whether one believes all of it or not is now simply a personal choice.

Not so long ago there was a fair swell of fans declaring that they would be happy to be in League 2 in Blue, with unglamorous 'triers' representing us. (somehow).
    I may have walked some of that path myself. We are doing a lot better than that.

Still optimistic .
    Last edited by Vimana.; 08-09-16 at 20:49.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Surely we need just accept that mistakes were made ( looks like the club has accepted the same) and cut the club / manager / current players some slack, and some support.

We are where we are, and we only have the players we have, and they all pull the shirt on.
    I suspect Trollope did what he could.

Dalman's interview earlier today spelled out the current operational situation. Whether one believes all of it or not is now simply a personal choice.

Not so long ago there was a fair swell of fans declaring that they would be happy to be in League 2 in Blue, with unglamorous 'triers' representing us. (somehow).
    I may have walked some of that path myself. We are doing a lot better than that.

Still optimistic .
    Like you and countless others supported Slade. You and the rest will turn on PT when the results don't go your way.

Like you and countless others supported Slade. You and the rest will turn on PT when the results don't go your way.
    Madame Tandy knows all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Madame Tandy knows all.
    It does make me when people like you ask for fans to support the manager after you called the last manager from his hole to his pole. You and Gringo should start your own fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post

Exactly.

What did you expect him to say?