+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corbyn v Smith debate.

Corbyn v Smith debate.

Apparently they had some sort of televised face off last night.

The fact that it hasn't even had a mention on here tells me just how much relevance these two people have in the eyes of the general public.

A sad state of affairs really.

Re: Corbyn v Smith debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Apparently they had some sort of televised face off last night.

The fact that it hasn't even had a mention on here tells me just how much relevance these two people have in the eyes of the general public.

A sad state of affairs really.
    One of them has 80% support from the CLP's around the country, the other confirmed that he would push a nuclear button if he had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    One of them has 80% support from the CLP's around the country, the other confirmed that he would push a nuclear button if he had to.
    One is unelectable.

The other is unrecognisable.

One is unelectable.

Brexit showed that the public cannot be relied on to vote the 'right way' depending on your point of view. They effectively sent a big F.U. to the establishment and I fully expect a repeat of that next time around with the General Election.

the big FU to the establishment being that as long as Corbyn is in charge of Labour the Conservatives will win a comfortable maj

the big FU to the establishment being that as long as Corbyn is in charge of Labour the Conservatives will win a comfortable majority.

Brexit showed that the public cannot be relied on to vote the 'right way' depending on your point of view. They effectively sent a big F.U. to the establishment and I fully expect a repeat of that next time around with the General Election.
    if you think labour have a hope in the next general election then you really have lost the plot.

Probably more chance of me and Mrs R getting it on.

if you think labour have a hope in the next general election then you really have lost the plot.

Probably more chance of me and Mrs R getting it on again.
    FYP

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I watched the debate last night, not sure where it was televised from , there was a very high percentage of Pakistan / Indian / Bangladeshi men on there. Who all seemed to be supporting Corbyn rather than Smith.

Corbynhad no answer to Smiths Anti Semite comments.

Basically it boiled down to Corbyn having no support from Labour MPs but lots of support from the party whereas Smith has the backing from Labour Mps and not much from the party.

Split down the middle - Corbyn will win it - a new Lib/Lab centre left pro EU party will be created - no brainer
    Or Corbyn does the sensible thing and organises large-scale de-selections of MPs who don't represent the views of the CLP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    Or Corbyn does the sensible thing and organises large-scale de-selections of MPs who don't represent the views of the CLP.
    In Sha'allah.

Sue is back on the Bake Off this week, does anybody know why she was missing from the previous episode? I find it all very unsettling

I watched the debate last night, not sure where it was televised from , there was a very high percentage of Pakistan / Indian / Bangladeshi men on there. Who all seemed to be supporting Corbyn rather than Smith.

Corbynhad no answer to Smiths Anti Semite comments.

Basically it boiled down to Corbyn having no support from Labour MPs but lots of support from the party whereas Smith has the backing from Labour Mps and not much from the party.

Split down the middle - Corbyn will win it - a new Lib/Lab centre left pro EU party will be created - no brainer
    The Labour MP's against Corbyn are Fabians. The Blairites have had lot's of time in recent years to install their own gatekeepers into positions of power that influence the MP selection process, hence we are now seeing a split with the majority of the rank and file supporting Corbyn, and the Fabians/Blairites desperately trying to keep hold of the party machinery, but beginning to lose control.

I fully expect to see a purge of Fabian/Blairite MP's and gatekeepers if Corbyn sticks around. Politics is a very dodgy business, with a handful of Machiavellian types behind the scenes pushing and conrolling a specific agenda.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 09-09-16 at 20:24.

They are offering something the majority of the country dont want, egg & chips with Milliband, double egg and chips with Corbyn
    Everybody also thought nobody wanted Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Everybody also thought nobody wanted Brexit
    not really, nearly everyone i know wanted out, different circles i guess, if you listen to what people say and not the msm you might have picked that vibe up too

And then you have to consider the reality that its the electorate , who matter foremost ,they will deliver their views and a defining message at the next general Election , it will not matter what support or results flow from the CLP , PLP , by elections , council elections, mayor elections.

It's all over but the shouting

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And then you have to consider the reality that its the electorate , who matter foremost ,they will deliver their views and a defining message at the next general Election , it will not matter what support or results flow from the CLP , PLP , by elections , council elections, mayor elections.

It's all over but the shouting
    The 'electorate' are well aware that a dirty tricks campaign has been waged against JC since he became leader of Labour and will question if they will still want to get f***ed in the arse by the Tories, or give someone who is motivated by values and principles as opposed to self-interest a chance.

The 'electorate' are well aware that a dirty tricks campaign has been waged against JC since he became leader of Labour and will question if they will still want to get f***ed in the arse by the Tories, or give someone who is motivated by values and principles as opposed to self-interest a chance.
    I think the electorate have a broader view than that ,and it will wear thin , the public can also see the party sadly not functioning and just protesting , when it comes to the bite at the election box the majority will border on caution and a safe pair of hands .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think the electorate have a broader view than that ,and it will wear thin , the public can also see the party sadly not functioning and just protesting , when it comes to the bite at the election box the majority will border on caution and a safe pair of hands .
    The party is functioning pretty well at present, however the Blairites that have been left behind as gatekeepers to maintain the processes implemented during Blair's tenure are coming under attack. Those MP's who went in to parliament under that process who have tried to cling to it, will come under pressure and some may well find themselves deselected.

I was just thinking Labour doing well when the last poll they were 14 points behind.

They may well win a few by elections, but come the next election all I can see is 100 plus for the Tories.

And all the de-selections of 'Blairites' (whatever that means ) wont matter jack shit with the electorate.

Still. Jezza got his cult movement and will probably be a good tea time slot at Glastonbury between Neil Diamond and EMF.

Banned

It doesn't matter who wins out of Dumb and Dumber,what matters is the fact that there will be no effective opposition for the foreseeable future.

One is unelectable.

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/...94977345835008

I'm not really sure why Owen Smith is bothering, he's got no chance. The same could be said for Corbyn and the next election.

It's not great for the country to have such weak opposition.

Even Serial killers on death row have fans :-D :-D

As I said before decent enough man, probably a good MP but leader of opposition and future PM?

Nay nay and thrice nay as Frankie Howerd would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    not really, nearly everyone i know wanted out, different circles i guess, if you listen to what people say and not the msm you might have picked that vibe up too
    So it wasn't your mates that organised that stronger together thing

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So it wasn't your mates that organised that stronger together thing
    I waited since 1975 to vote out. Could not get to the polling station quick enough.