+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Corbyn v Smith debate.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Corbyn v Smith debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    One of them has 80% support from the CLP's around the country, the other confirmed that he would push a nuclear button if he had to.
    And then you have to consider the reality that its the electorate , who matter foremost ,they will deliver their views and a defining message at the next general Election , it will not matter what support or results flow from the CLP , PLP , by elections , council elections, mayor elections.

It's all over but the shouting

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And then you have to consider the reality that its the electorate , who matter foremost ,they will deliver their views and a defining message at the next general Election , it will not matter what support or results flow from the CLP , PLP , by elections , council elections, mayor elections.

It's all over but the shouting
    The 'electorate' are well aware that a dirty tricks campaign has been waged against JC since he became leader of Labour and will question if they will still want to get f***ed in the arse by the Tories, or give someone who is motivated by values and principles as opposed to self-interest a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    The 'electorate' are well aware that a dirty tricks campaign has been waged against JC since he became leader of Labour and will question if they will still want to get f***ed in the arse by the Tories, or give someone who is motivated by values and principles as opposed to self-interest a chance.
    I think the electorate have a broader view than that ,and it will wear thin , the public can also see the party sadly not functioning and just protesting , when it comes to the bite at the election box the majority will border on caution and a safe pair of hands .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think the electorate have a broader view than that ,and it will wear thin , the public can also see the party sadly not functioning and just protesting , when it comes to the bite at the election box the majority will border on caution and a safe pair of hands .
    The party is functioning pretty well at present, however the Blairites that have been left behind as gatekeepers to maintain the processes implemented during Blair's tenure are coming under attack. Those MP's who went in to parliament under that process who have tried to cling to it, will come under pressure and some may well find themselves deselected.

I was just thinking Labour doing well when the last poll they were 14 points behind.

They may well win a few by elections, but come the next election all I can see is 100 plus for the Tories.

And all the de-selections of 'Blairites' (whatever that means ) wont matter jack shit with the electorate.

Still. Jezza got his cult movement and will probably be a good tea time slot at Glastonbury between Neil Diamond and EMF.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I was just thinking Labour doing well when the last poll they were 14 points behind.

They may well win a few by elections, but come the next election all I can see is 100 plus for the Tories.

And all the de-selections of 'Blairites' (whatever that means ) wont matter jack shit with the electorate.

Still. Jezza got his cult movement and will probably be a good tea time slot at Glastonbury between Neil Diamond and EMF.
    We're going to have a Tory government for a while, even though Wales won't vote a majority of conservatives. Best argument for Welsh independence I've heard.