+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corbyn v Smith debate.

Feedback

Re: Corbyn v Smith debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    Or Corbyn does the sensible thing and organises large-scale de-selections of MPs who don't represent the views of the CLP.
    its the electorate that ultimately matter, not the CLP

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    its the electorate that ultimately matter, not the CLP
    I wouldn't vote for any of those Blairite scum. I wouldn't vote for Corbyn either, but that's another story!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I'm not really sure why Owen Smith is bothering, he's got no chance. The same could be said for Corbyn and the next election.

It's not great for the country to have such weak opposition.
    Vaulting ambition, I suspect. I don't understand his strategy at all - he seems to be making his pitch to the public at large rather than the Labour Party supporters who will actually be doing the voting.

His old man, though - historian Dai Smith - is quite cool. For anyone who is interested in Welsh history and politics there is a good series by him currently on Radio Wales called Protest Nation: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/programme...0nation/player

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I was just thinking Labour doing well when the last poll they were 14 points behind.

They may well win a few by elections, but come the next election all I can see is 100 plus for the Tories.

And all the de-selections of 'Blairites' (whatever that means ) wont matter jack shit with the electorate.

Still. Jezza got his cult movement and will probably be a good tea time slot at Glastonbury between Neil Diamond and EMF.
    We're going to have a Tory government for a while, even though Wales won't vote a majority of conservatives. Best argument for Welsh independence I've heard.