+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP, Prince BUSTER

RIP, Prince BUSTER

Blue in the Face

Re: RIP, Prince BUSTER

RIP

Also Toots Thielemans died the other week, incredible harmonica player, famous for the theme music to the film Midnight Cowboy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGORPUzLxtU

He will miss the iPhone 7 launch. If only he could have lived to experience it...

Rocksteady in peace Sweet Prince.

So I'll say there's nothin' left to say
    For the man who set the beat
    So I'll leave it up to you out there
    To get him back on his feet

Buster bowl me over with your bogus dance
    Shuffle me off my feet
    Even though I'll keep on runnin'
    I'll never get to Orange street

Bring back the
    Who is the
    We want the
    Bring back the Prince...aahh!

Is this the most obscure "guess who has sadly passed away" thread?

It was bad enough when our Cilla croaked. Then, just as the nation was emerging from its sorrow, Terry Wogan went and kicked the Blarney Stone. Now we have to adjust to living in a world without Prince Buster, which will be easy for those of us who have never heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It was bad enough when our Cilla croaked. Then, just as the nation was emerging from its sorrow, Terry Wogan went and kicked the Blarney Stone. Now we have to adjust to living in a world without Prince Buster, which will be easy for those of us who have never heard of him.
    How can anyone not have heard of Prince Buster? Have you been asleep for 50 years?

Have truly never heard of that name until today. Should I be embarrassed? I've asked three people so far and all had blank expressions.

Have truly never heard of that name until today. Should I be embarrassed? I've asked three people so far and all had blank expressions.
    You Sir, Have never been a skinhead. Get some Trojan in your life. Or not, up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    You Sir, Have never been a skinhead. Get some Trojan in your life. Or not, up to you.
    Skinhead Moonstomp,Monkey Man. memories all good.

"Where did you get that.....blank.....blank expression on your face?"
    (just keeping the ska beat going )

Keep shufflin Prince!

RIP Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Also Toots Thielemans died the other week, incredible harmonica player, famous for the theme music to the film Midnight Cowboy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGORPUzLxtU

He along with Tommy Reilly were the two harmonicists Larry Adler placed in the same league as himself.

Below is Buddy Greene's Carnegie Hall performance. Even Adler would have struggled to gain a spontaneous standing ovation in four minutes.

Cheers Wales-Bales, some great memories there for me. RIP the Prince

I've never heard of him either. I had a quick glance at his obituary and it left me confused. It said he was a Muslim. Is that kind of music allowed in Islam?

He along with Tommy Reilly were the two harmonicists Larry Adler placed in the same league as himself.

Below is Buddy Greene's Carnegie Hall performance. Even Adler would have struggled to gain a spontaneous standing ovation in four minutes.

I would have been more impressed if he had done the first movement of BWV147 with a mouth organ rather than the last. There were no RIPs for Nikolaus Harnoncourt on here when he died a few months ago. Here's BWV147 as it should sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38TS7EOGo9A

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I've never heard of him either. I had a quick glance at his obituary and it left me confused. It said he was a Muslim. Is that kind of music allowed in Islam?
    He's the Granddaddy of Ska, Rocksteady, and Reggae. He's one of the rare breed in music who actually influenced a series of new genres.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 09-09-16 at 22:06.

Banned

Gringo
    Casual

Do blank very well

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I would have been more impressed if he had done the first movement of BWV147 with a mouth organ rather than the last. There were no RIPs for Nikolaus Harnoncourt on here when he died a few months ago. Here's BWV147 as it should sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38TS7EOGo9A
    Most of the natives don't rate anything one might hear on Classic FM as proper music, see. If they are competent musicians making a racket fronted by warblers who'd never get past an X-Factor audition then they're in with a real chance of a eulogy thread when they snuff it.