+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: “At today’s rate, by 2025, one in two children will be autistic.”

“At today’s rate, by 2025, one in two children will be autistic.”

This is a condition which I have an interest in and one that increasingly is affecting more and more young families. In Wales we practically have an epidemic of cases of children being diagnosed with autism. It is so bad that increasingly the diagnosis is taking longer and longer as we simply lack sufficient facilities and human resources to deal with it. Once a child has been given a diagnosis then the state is legally obliged to care for their needs up until the age of 18.
    The linked article is one that people are beginning to pay more and more attention to, one that every prospective parent should be aware of.

http://www.infowars.com/mit-scientis...ldren-by-2025/

Re: “At today’s rate, by 2025, one in two children will be autistic.”

Here's some additional information on the subject.

http://naturalsociety.com/30000-doct...ate-be-banned/

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    Here's some additional information on the subject.

http://naturalsociety.com/30000-doct...ate-be-banned/
    And more information - this time from a qualified neurosurgeon.

https://www.biofortified.org/2015/01...hosate-claims/

This is a condition which I have an interest in and one that increasingly is affecting more and more young families. In Wales we practically have an epidemic of cases of children being diagnosed with autism. It is so bad that increasingly the diagnosis is taking longer and longer as we simply lack sufficient facilities and human resources to deal with it. Once a child has been given a diagnosis then the state is legally obliged to care for their needs up until the age of 18.
    The linked article is one that people are beginning to pay more and more attention to, one that every prospective parent should be aware of.

http://www.infowars.com/mit-scientis...ldren-by-2025/
    And, if that rate continues every boy and girl will be autistic by 2041. I'm confident that half of children in 2025 will NOT be autistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

Alex Jones v Qualified Neurosurgeon. You decide....

Splotty, I've also got an interest in the subject as well, as one of my best mates kids has severe autism, you are extremely gullible if you believe that every other kid will have it by 2025. You are a click baiters dream.
    Last edited by TruBlue; 10-09-16 at 13:40.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post

Splotty, I've also got an interest in the subject as one of my best mates kids has it, you are extremely gullible if you believe that every other kid will have it by 2025. You are a click baiters dream.
    Dr Novella does an excellent Podcast - "A Skeptics Guide to the Universe". I recommend that Splott David has a listen (90 minutes every Saturday) - to build up his critical analysis.

When I did stats, the very first lesson, pretty much in the first 10 minutes, they drilled the phrase 'correlation does not mean causation'. It's used again in that neurosurgeon piece.

It comes to mind quite often when I read some of the stuff linked on the Politics forum.

The author of the article is certainly not a neurosurgeon, the two cited doctors specialties are not revealed in the article. In the meantime there is an article dealing with glyphosate that has been featured in The Lancet.

http://www.thelancet.com/action/show...2815%2970134-8

What is not in dispute, regardless of causation, is the rise of diagnosis of ASD from 1 in 2,000 in the 80's and 90's to 1 in 150 now. This statistic applies in the USA but similarly there have been equally dramatic rises across Europe within the same time period. I fully understand that the method of diagnosis has changed but that change was some years back and since then incidents of children being diagnosed with ASD have continued to rise.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post

Splotty, I've also got an interest in the subject as well, as one of my best mates kids has severe autism, you are extremely gullible if you believe that every other kid will have it by 2025. You are a click baiters dream.
    The title was in quotes, if you bothered to look. My interest is in autism as I stated quite clearly. The article was not written by Alex Jones and where is the evidence supporting that it was a neurosurgeon, as clearly the author of BIS's post was not one. Finally what has neurosurgery got to do with autism?

The title was in quotes, if you bothered to look. My interest is in autism as I stated quite clearly. The article was not written by Alex Jones and where is the evidence supporting that it was a neurosurgeon, as clearly the author of BIS's post was not one. Finally what has neurosurgery got to do with autism?
    I suggest Dr. Novello is more qualified than a Dr of Computer Science!

Apologies, he is a neurologist.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Novella

My link quotes two doctors - yours quotes a computer scientist.

The author of the article is certainly not a neurosurgeon, the two cited doctors specialties are not revealed in the article. In the meantime there is an article dealing with glyphosate that has been featured in The Lancet.

http://www.thelancet.com/action/show...2815%2970134-8

What is not in dispute, regardless of causation, is the rise of diagnosis of ASD from 1 in 2,000 in the 80's and 90's to 1 in 150 now. This statistic applies in the USA but similarly there have been equally dramatic rises across Europe within the same time period. I fully understand that the method of diagnosis has changed but that change was some years back and since then incidents of children being diagnosed with ASD have continued to rise.
    You do realise that the methods for diagnosing autism have changed over time, so we are not exactly comparing like for like?

I suggest Dr. Novello is more qualified than a Dr of Computer Science!

Apologies, he is a neurologist.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Novella

My link quotes two doctors - yours quotes a computer scientist.
    Mine gave the stats for autism if you had bothered to look at it.

The article on Novella does not show the slightest connection between him and autism, neither do any of the footnotes, or the 66 external references.

In short there is nothing in that article to indicate that he has ever diagnosed even one case of autism.

You do realise that the methods for diagnosing autism have changed over time, so we are not exactly comparing like for like?
    http://health.usnews.com/health-news...method-changes

I think the clue to that recognition was in this sentence in my post, " I fully understand that the method of diagnosis has changed but that change was some years back and since then incidents of children being diagnosed with ASD have continued to rise."

Mine gave the stats for autism if you had bothered to look at it.

The article on Novella does not show the slightest connection between him and autism, neither do any of the footnotes, or the 66 external references.

In short there is nothing in that article to indicate that he has ever diagnosed even one case of autism.
    Logical fallacy.

How many cases has Dr Seneff diagnosed? She was claiming autism was rising due to vaccines a while back!

This article is mainly centered around the financial and economic implications to the insurance industry and uses the word 'treatment' quite liberally for a condition which there is no treatment. Autism is for life! There is no cure or treatment for it.

Logical fallacy.

How many cases has Dr Seneff diagnosed? She was claiming autism was rising due to vaccines a while back!
    It's irrelevant as clearly you still have not looked at the stats which are embedded in the body of the article by way of a link.

I'll do it for you if you like.

http://www.autism-society.org/what-i...nd-statistics/

Logical fallacy.

So now you can't even find one case of autism that has been diagnosed by someone that you asserted first was a neurosurgeon, then he was a neurologist and now it turns out he has no connection with autism whatsoever.

Dr Novella does an excellent Podcast - "A Skeptics Guide to the Universe". I recommend that Splott David has a listen (90 minutes every Saturday) - to build up his critical analysis.
    He also dabbles as a self-promoting celebrity on Penn and Teller. Am I supposed to watch that as well?

It's irrelevant as clearly you still have not looked at the stats which are embedded in the body of the article by way of a link.

I'll do it for you if you like.

http://www.autism-society.org/what-i...nd-statistics/
    We've all tackled the stats, correlation does not imply causation. Your mind is already made up - so it is pointless arguing. Needless to say, claims that half of kids will have autism in 2025 is obviously far fetched. People are conveniently forgetting that, if the rule were followed to 2041, all kids will have autism!

So now you can't even find one case of autism that has been diagnosed by someone that you asserted first was a neurosurgeon, then he was a neurologist and now it turns out he has no connection with autism whatsoever.
    Yes, Mistakenly I called h a neurosurgeon in haste.

Dr Seneff is a computer scientist, with a known anti-vaccine anti-GMO agenda. But, yes , she is far more qualified than the two men with medical degrees my link quoted.

Yes, Mistakenly I called h a neurosurgeon in haste.

Dr Seneff is a computer scientist, with a known anti-vaccine anti-GMO agenda. But, yes , she is far more qualified than the two men with medical degrees my link quoted.
    I have not commented on that as it is irrelevant to the linked stats in that article. My interest is in autism. I make no claims and pass no opinions on causation.

We've all tackled the stats, correlation does not imply causation. Your mind is already made up - so it is pointless arguing. Needless to say, claims that half of kids will have autism in 2025 is obviously far fetched. People are conveniently forgetting that, if the rule were followed to 2041, all kids will have autism!
    The title is in quotations. My post makes no reference to those claims. I made it clear that my interest was in the growth of autism.

The rise in cases of autism is possibly down to a vitamin D deficiency, there is a growing amount of belief in this being the case. Parents won't let their little darlings out in the sun these days without slapping factor 30 sunscreen all over them, big mistake. Growing up in the sixties we played outside from dawn to dusk, nobody had sun screen and autism was rare, it was hardly ever heard of. Kids then got their full amount of vitamin D from the sun plus our parents made us swig cod liver oil, a household essential back then to prevent rickets and a whole load of other illnesses, cod liver oil is rammed with vitamin D.