+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BPA Car Park fines

BPA Car Park fines

Received a 35 quid fine off them for paying for parking even though we did.
    My missus put an M instead of a N when registering our car into the machine when parking down Tenby recently.
    She has emailed to explain and if they check their records that registration was registered within 5 minutes of the pic they have of us entering the car park.
    I'm not expecting any empathy from the ****ers who want to double the 35 quid to 70 if we don't pay in 14 days.

Anyone had any experience with them? Are they legal fines or do they work on the 1 in 3 paying system?
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 11-09-16 at 15:22.

Re: BPA Car Park fines

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    My missus put an M instead of a N when registering our car into the machine when parking down Tenby recently.
    She has emailed to explain and if they check their records that registration was registered within 5 minutes of the pic they have of us entering the car park.
    I'm not expecting any empathy from the ****ers who want to double the 35 quid to 70 if we don't pay in 14 days.

Anyone had any experience with them? Are they legal fines or do they work on the 1 in 3 paying system?
    Have you checked if a registration number with the M in it (as opposed to your's with an N) actually exists? If it doesn't or it turns out to be a motor cycle or a 40 ton truck, then you would have a good argument to put to the car park people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Have you checked if a registration number with the M in it (as opposed to your's with an N) actually exists? If it doesn't or it turns out to be a motor cycle or a 40 ton truck, then you would have a good argument to put to the car park people.
    Where can I check that mate?

There are several websites that can do this. Try this one: http://www.confused.com/vehicle-check

You have to pay to get more details (like has the vehicle been stolen, any outstanding HP etc.) but it will tell you the basics i.e. make, model, colour etc. free of charge. Worth a try. I once got a parking ticket which had my registration plate details correct but on the ticket it declared that my vehicle was a van - only I had a motor bike! The parking attendant had put down the wrong registration details!

Is that a council owned car park?
    If not, and it's a owned by private company, it's not enforceable.
    Ignore any correspondence, don't reply to letters and it'll go away.
    There's lots of info on the money saving expert website

Quote Originally Posted by Glos Blue View Post
    Is that a council owned car park?
    If not, and it's a owned by private company, it's not enforceable.
    Ignore any correspondence, don't reply to letters and it'll go away.
    There's lots of info on the money saving expert website
    Rules have changed.
    Appeal or pay these days, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Rules have changed.
    I'll see them in court I have the ticket for the 1 letter typo in the registration and the charge is punitive. It costs 5 quid to park there all day and they are trying to charge me 14 times that or 7 times that if I pay in 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    There are several websites that can do this. Try this one: http://www.confused.com/vehicle-check

You have to pay to get more details (like has the vehicle been stolen, any outstanding HP etc.) but it will tell you the basics i.e. make, model, colour etc. free of charge. Worth a try. I once got a parking ticket which had my registration plate details correct but on the ticket it declared that my vehicle was a van - only I had a motor bike! The parking attendant had put down the wrong registration details!
    Thanks.

No registered details for the typo registration so that's in my favour.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Rules have changed.
    Guess I will be in court soon because I have about 20 outstanding from parking by asda by the ground those feckers are a bunch of chancer's

my mrs took the children to see a film in the local cinema, the ticket " flipped over " as she shut the door

70 quid fine, i appealed, they had a picture of the " flipped ticket " with a serial number on it, i took a pic of the front of the ticket, matching serial number, they dragged it out past the 14 days, it went upto 140 quid, day 15 they replied to me, with a pay up as the appeal has been rejected, i e.,mailed them and said " see you in court ", they replied with a " goodwill gesture payment of 7 quid to cover admin charges ", I am afraid we paid the 7 quid to save the hastle

maybe offer them a token payment

jeez has nobody linked to peppi poo poo yet

Think you are talking about the Rectory Car Park in Tenby. Loads of complaints locally about it. Write to the Observer about it

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Guess I will be in court soon because I have about 20 outstanding from parking by asda by the ground those feckers are a bunch of chancer's
    They took my cousin to court, as the disabled bay time allocation halves on match days, he refused to pay. They withdrew the fine on the day of the hearing, apologised & paid him compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    jeez has nobody linked to peppi poo poo yet
    Came here specifically to do that but this has pissed on my chips a bit so not gonna bother now.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    They took my cousin to court, as the disabled bay time allocation halves on match days, he refused to pay. They withdrew the fine on the day of the hearing, apologised & paid him compensation.
    ****ing tossers

Had a fine from Bridgend Council for displaying a ticket invalidly, right way up on the dash but facing backward not forward.
    Parking warden had taken a photo of the ticket & claimed he couldn"t read it.
    All he had to do was turn his phone round 180 degrees (or look through the drivers window of my car bloody jobsworth).
    Argued with them for 3 months before they finally dropped it, jobsworths.
    In the end I begged them to take me to court to see what a magistrate would say.
    Parking fines are big money to councils & private enforcement firms nowadays & it seems that they will stoop to any level to try to fine you.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Had a fine from Bridgend Council for displaying a ticket invalidly, right way up on the dash but facing backward not forward.
    Parking warden had taken a photo of the ticket & claimed he couldn"t read it.
    All he had to do was turn his phone round 180 degrees (or look through the drivers window of my car bloody jobsworth).
    Argued with them for 3 months before they finally dropped it, jobsworths.
    In the end I begged them to take me to court to see what a magistrate would say.
    Parking fines are big money to councils & private enforcement firms nowadays & it seems that they will stoop to any level to try to fine you.
    Problem is they got the fear factor , there's not a lot you can do about the council enforced ticket's usually but these private firms and ripping people off left right and centre my father in law got one when he drove down to one of games and I told him feck em don't pay it I got loads of them but the fear got to him and he payed it

Thanks.

No registered details for the typo registration so that's in my favour.
    Definitely - write to them with this information. I can't see how they can take it any further. If the other registration existed then they could possibly argue that you were handed the ticket by another motorist and hadn't actually paid yourself; even then surely the odds of having an almost exact registration on another vehicle near your car in the same car park at the same time must be astronomic!

Just before Christmas last year I was out and about on call outs. I had a call come in very late and I was driving on the M5 at the time near Weston Super Mare I had a 3 hour drive to my next call out.

I pulled into the services and slept for 2.5 hours and drove to my call out. A few months later I had an invoice for £60.00 as I went of their free two hours. I appealed and lost, but in my appeal I offered to pay them for the 0.5 that I went over the free parking I had, and said that there are warning signs saying to take a break if you're tired, and tiredness kills. Which bear in mind I got to the services at mid night and left at 02.30 so not taking up anyone's parking space.

I had a letter off Parking Eye saying if I didn't pay £100 in 2 weeks they were going to take me to court, I didn't pay and still haven't heard off them.

I think I'd win if it went to court as I offered to pay for the time I went over the allowed free 2 hours, and I also said I would have fallen asleep at the wheel.

I've not heard a thing off them, as mentioned above they use fear to get people to pay.

Surely your argument should be,you must have entered the right number because otherwise they wouldn't have got your name and address,as if it was the wrong number,they couldn't have got your address from the DVSA.