+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Population increases since 1960 :-)

Population increases since 1960 :-)

Not looking to scaremonger. You see many people on social media, usually trump supporters that think their race is under attack.

But the differences are startling. You do wonder what the world will look like in 200/300 years time.

Population increases since 1960:

UK

1960: 52 million
    2013: 64 million

India

1960: 449 million
    2013: 1.25 billion

Pakistan

1960: 45 million
    2013: 182 million.

Bangladesh

1960: 50 million
    2013: 156 million

France

1960: 46 million
    2013: 66 million

Turkey

1960: 27 million
    2013: 74 million

Germany

1960: 72 million
    2013: 80 million

Egypt

1960: 28 million
    2013: 82 million

Granted China and America have seen huge rises in populations. Migration being a major factor in america.

Is it due to living standards?. I don't really think so.

Japans population has stalled and is almost dropping. European countries are moving at a snails pace.

Then Middle Eastern and some poor east Asian countries are rapidly increases.

Are they at illogical levels?.

Religion plays a major part again really doesn't it. Abortions is forbidden in Islam. And many of the countries with the biggest rises are 95%+ muslim. Some Christians etc also say the same, but not to the same degree.

When you are told from birth that abortions are wrong, you will probably end up have a few kids won't you?.

It isn't hard.

If you are poor. With a extremely unstable career and lifestyle. In a place where you cannot be confident of providing a decent life for a child.

Do not have 5 kids.

There is a stigma attached to people in Europe about having over 5 children I think. Many Middle Eastern people actively look to achieve it from what I've seen.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 12-09-16 at 08:25.

Re: Population increases since 1960 :-)

Most of these countries were Islamic a long time before 1960 though.
    The increase is due to raisingliving standards . There is much less infant mortality, people are living longer, people are eating more, better food, doing less dangerous jobs etc.
    150 years ago, Britain was the most powerful and advanced nation on earth, and 75% of the population were living hand to mouth I.e. they only earned enough in a day to feed themselves that day.
    These days not even many poor countries would be like that.

Someone once told me that people in lots of Asian countries (not all) have lots of kids due to the fact they have very little social security in their countries. The kids look after the elderly people then, so more kids equals more security. Seems to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    If you are poor. With a extremely unstable career and lifestyle. In a place where you cannot be confident of providing a decent life for a child.

Do not have 5 kids.
    You're looking at it from a UK perspective, where kids cost a fortune until the age of 18 and sometimes beyond. In the poor countries, it's the other way round - the kids are needed to support the families and parents.

Maybe Bill Gates can come up with a solution, he seems like a smart fella

Just like to mention that Islam does not forbid abortions.

There you go glad to be of help!

Something to consider - maybe the UK's population recording in 1960 was far more accurate than those of other nations?

Im a few years/decades the super bugs and wars will cull the human population

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You're looking at it from a UK perspective, where kids cost a fortune until the age of 18 and sometimes beyond. In the poor countries, it's the other way round - the kids are needed to support the families and parents.
    Hadn't thought of that actually. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    Just like to mention that Islam does not forbid abortions.

There you go glad to be of help!
    It seems it is a crime after 120 days.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    It seems it is a crime after 120 days.

It's not a crime in the uk

Its down to lifestyle for the modern countries. People are too busy, too selfish to have kids, so the native populations are struggling and falling. Most of the UK growth is down to immigration. Germany had a shrinking population until Merkel opened the doors to everyone.

And poor countries, as much as you say if you cant afford them dont have them, that is a western way of looking at it. They look at it as to have more kids, so when some die from malnourishment and disease you still have some offspring to survive, and the more you have, the more there are to look after you. Its a different perspective that we dont see.

When you add improved mortality rates to the general custom of having 4/5 kids you will see a population boom. Only time and change in culture along with improved wealth will see a reduction of the birth rate in poor countries.

Overpopulation is no longer just a theoretical concept. Of late nearly everywhere I go I find myself behind people who have been pushed out of their own countries by population pressures. There was a particularly uncomfortable example of this yesterday. Coming home from my usual Sunday lunchtime four pints of Guinness I found that the laxative side effect of this otherwise very pleasant beverage was happening sooner than I expected. My only hope was a nearby department store toilet. As I pushed open the door to the toilets I could see a cubicle with an open door straight ahead of me. I almost cried with relief. But then, horrified, I saw someone rushing ahead of me. He was an oriental gentleman, but that is not exactly how I would have described him as I saw the door slammed in my face.

When you are hopping from foot to foot, sweating with the effort of not shaming yourself in public, the reality of overpopulation becomes apparent. Politeness and civility go out the door. I can only blame my extreme discomfort and his unreasonable length of occupation (10 min and 35 seconds) for accusing him of trying to set up a cannabis farm in there.

Experiments have shown that when rats are overcrowded they fight and that is how the overpopulation will be solved – by wars.

Maybe it's because brown people get married at 12.........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    It's not a crime in the uk
    Having no road tax is though, what a bizarre planet we live on.