+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Everton

Everton

Great side to watch this season. Bolasie and Delofeu on the wings, and Lukaku up top.

Mirallas, Barkley, Coleman, Baines. Proper club

Re: Everton

Wales captain a rock in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Wales captain a rock in defence.
    He's a great signing for them and adds the leadership qualities that have been missing.
    I love watching Bolasie and Delofeu, both a box of tricks. I'd love to see players like that at Cardiff

Poor form their fans singing "Sacked in the morning" to Moyes IMO.

PL taking a more common shape this season with what you'd call the big 7 occupying the top 7 spots already.

I thought Liverpool were superb on Saturday also.

Liverpool and Man City were outstanding this weekend mate.
    I've thoroughly enjoyed this Everton performance. Talk about using the width of the pitch!
    It's not something you see so much these days but they have played with orthodox wingers who have hugged the touch lines.

This weekend has made me pine for something resembling attacking football down here!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Liverpool and Man City were outstanding this weekend mate.
    I've thoroughly enjoyed this Everton performance. Talk about using the width of the pitch!
    It's not something you see so much these days but they have played with orthodox wingers who have hugged the touch lines.

This weekend has made me pine for something resembling attacking football down here!
    Weve been starved of attacking football for nigh on 5.5 years. We are the Ethiopia of attacking football.

All the TV games this weekend have been very watchable especially the Manc derby and the Jacks. I pine for the Dave Jones era where you knew we'd be involved in a great game with attacking football and defensive **** ups.

Entertainment over results for me, especially as we are a mid table side.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Poor form their fans singing "Sacked in the morning" to Moyes IMO.

PL taking a more common shape this season with what you'd call the big 7 occupying the top 7 spots already.

I thought Liverpool were superb on Saturday also.
    While they seemed inclined to think Moyes was useless during Martinez's first season I think what happened in his second has allowed Moyes an awful lot more credit, and thus the song was not as crass as it may have appeared.

The Merseyside derbies will be a fantastic watch this season: the pragmatic and slightly aged team Koeman has set up versus the exciting but wasteful side Klopp has. I really don't know which side will finish on top in those games (probably Everton) or over the season (probably Liverpool).

Commentator mentioned that Everton are yet to concede with A. Williams on the field. Hopefully he has 2-3 more years left at the top of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    While they seemed inclined to think Moyes was useless during Martinez's first season I think what happened in his second has allowed Moyes an awful lot more credit, and thus the song was not as crass as it may have appeared.

The Merseyside derbies will be a fantastic watch this season: the pragmatic and slightly aged team Koeman has set up versus the exciting but wasteful side Klopp has. I really don't know which side will finish on top in those games (probably Everton) or over the season (probably Liverpool).

Commentator mentioned that Everton are yet to concede with A. Williams on the field. Hopefully he has 2-3 more years left at the top of his game.
    Both will be mid table teams come the end of the season. They both had decent games this week, but neither are particularly good.

Big pile of bollocks there chum

Fair play to Everton FC - Outstanding gesture.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.chr...?client=safari

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post

That is a great gesture but what is this shit about people having to go to the US for treatment for things? Seeing it a lot these days, what are they offering over there that we're not?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post

Always preferred Everton over Liverpool. Easy choice really as I really don't like Liverpool but this is a touch of class from the Blues

Regarding the game, only watched bits but I do find Everton entertaining generally, Delafeu (sp) especially.
    I like Koeman too so hope they do well.
    Last edited by MacAdder; 12-09-16 at 23:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    All the TV games this weekend have been very watchable especially the Manc derby and the Jacks. I pine for the Dave Jones era where you knew we'd be involved in a great game with attacking football and defensive **** ups.

Entertainment over results for me, especially as we are a mid table side.
    Yes, after Wales in the summer, I'd not been able to get into the Premier League at all in it's opening weeks, but. for me, the season started on the weekend with some great games.

However, it can never completely be entertainment over results for me when it comes to my club. For example, I'll never join in with the, growing, trend which attempts to belittle our Championship title win because we played what some people, ridiculously, call "anti football".

In saying that, two years ago I would have said it was results over entertainment all the way when it came to City for me, but a few months of Russell Slade changed all of that and I now place a greater premium on the entertainment factor that I once did.

One of the reasons I welcomed Paul Trollope's appointment was that I thought it would lead to the team playing in a more enterprising and attractive way. Having sat through three games where City have barely had a shot while playing towards the end of the ground I sit at (I cannot bring myself to say we have been "attacking" that end!) though, I have to say that two of our home games have been like watching a Slade team on a bad day and the third was only mildly interesting because of the antics of a member of the opposing team.

The line from the club and the media is that we are playing well, but not getting the results we deserve, but I just don't see that. We've played fairly well at times in our all of our away games, but sides destined for a season of struggle tend to not be able to maintain a such standards for more than a short period - at the moment we look like a side destined for a season of struggle and, even if we do start to see an improvement in performances from the outfield players, I fear the goalkeeping situation is going to keep dragging us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    I pine for the Dave Jones era where you knew we'd be involved in a great game
    Really?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/7260434.stm

This was one of the worst displays I can remember but there were as many dismal, disappointing, frustrating games in Jones' tenure as there were great games.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Weve been starved of attacking football for nigh on 5.5 years. We are the Ethiopia of attacking football.

That Idrissa Guaye (sp) in midfield is a player. Reminds me of Kante but better going forward. Where was he for Villa last season? I thought Everton had got him abroad..