+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brexiters who say ‘you lost, get over it’ still waiting to discover what they’ve won

Brexiters who say ‘you lost, get over it’ still waiting to discover what they’ve won

With the £350m NHS promise abandoned and a points-based immigration system dismissed, Brexiteers who say ‘you lost, get over it’ are still waiting to find out what they’ve won.

http://newsthump.com/2016/09/12/brex...at-theyve-won/

Re: Brexiters who say ‘you lost, get over it’ still waiting to discover what they’ve won

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    With the £350m NHS promise abandoned and a points-based immigration system dismissed, Brexiteers who say ‘you lost, get over it’ are still waiting to find out what they’ve won.

More of this methinks: https://opendemocracy.net/uk/shineal...ted-to-jamaica

A secret Home Office flight tomorrow (Wednesday 7 September) will forcibly remove fathers 4,500 miles away from their children in the UK....

Re: Brexiters who say ‘you lost, get over it’ still waiting to discover what they’ve won

Can't even post a joke on the board without it getting moved to Politics.

Yeah but at least their lives won't be controlled by big business anymore... oh.

http://newsthump.com/2016/09/08/brex...or-new-iphone/

They won the right to vote on whether this country has a political union with mainland Europe, as they were never given a say in the matter. I've been waiting to vote on this since 1975. Everyone that I know voted out.

They never said "We will put 350 million pounds directly into the NHS after leaving". "We promise to........".

They said "We could" and "Lets" put 350 million into the NHS.

And we haven't even left yet so there isn't a debate. We are still paying into the EU.

"oMG LIEK, THEY SED we'd have 350 million now.... WHer is it???????."

Said countless people on twitter. openly hoping for the UK to become a hellhole so they can prove their little point.

The "We told you so" brigade. Based on 3 months post vote.

Was education an optional extra for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    They won the right to vote on whether this country has a political union with mainland Europe, as they were never given a say in the matter. I've been waiting to vote on this since 1975. Everyone that I know voted out.
    People keep saying that the referendum isn't binding. That was effectively an opinion poll. That campaign to call it illegitimate, taking it to the courts. As they think we are now nazi germany, they have to do it for the sake of the country

Parliament acted to put the vote to the people. It was an act of parliament.

And every single general election is the same. The opinion of the people is decided, then only the process after this is can be completed. The Queen has to accept resignations etc.

Shall we start saying general elections are none binding and meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    They never said "We will put 350 million pounds directly into the NHS after leaving". "We promise to........".

They said "We could" and "Lets" put 350 million into the NHS.

And we haven't even left yet so there isn't a debate. We are still paying into the EU.

Said countless people on twitter. openly hoping for the UK to become a hellhole so they can prove their little point.

The "We told you so" brigade. Based on 3 months post vote.
    I am agreeing with you actually.

And taking the mick out of Remainers on social media spending every second of every day claiming every leave voters is a dumb racist.

When a large portion of their vote base were people in their early twenties. With not much idea of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    I am agreeing with you actually.

And taking the mick out of Remainers on social media spending every second of every day claiming every leave voters is a dumb racist.

When a large portion of their vote base were people in their early twenties. With not much idea of anything.
    You give a good amount of credibility to the theory that thick people voted for brexit.

I know a few European migrants and their written English is streets ahead of yours.

Can't even post a joke on the board without it getting moved to Politics.
    Welcome to the Politics Forum, but please no more jokes. This is a serious site and peoples lives are at risk.

I never bothered voting in the end but if i had, i'd probably be saying, how about employment levels improving, inward investment continuing, house prices not crashing as predicted, other countries wanting to improve trading with the UK, Ford Fiestas to get cheaper!!, the end of Cameron, BoJo not getting the top job, Hinkley to get the go ahead.