+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about this site and old posters

Questions about this site and old posters

They say you should never ask a question you don't know the answer to. But they also say you shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition. Whatever you do you are bound to upset someone. I've a few questions about this site that might stir up old animosities but my curiosity outweighs any fear of offending someone. My first question is what became of the fixed odds betting system that was going on here a few years ago. Did it make any money in the end?

Re: Questions about this site and old posters

I'm highly offended.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    They say you should never ask a question you don't know the answer to. But they also say you shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition. Whatever you do you are bound to upset someone. I've a few questions about this site that might stir up old animosities but my curiosity outweighs any fear of offending someone. My first question is what became of the fixed odds betting system that was going on here a few years ago. Did it make any money in the end?
    It had a spell of short success, then the day came where a large favorite lost, it put the system down, he chased it a little, lost more then abandoned it.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    It had a spell of short success, then the day came where a large favorite lost, it put the system down, he chased it a little, lost more then abandoned it.
    Was this 'The All Seeing Eye' or one of his aliases?

Pedantic I know but the phrase is
    "you should never ask a question that you don't want to know the answer to"

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Was this 'The All Seeing Eye' or one of his aliases?
    Yes.

It got a little heated because he'd write up a large summary of games, and then choose to put £300 on Celtic or Rangers.

When it started to struggle people used to then point out that this would always happen one day, and because his winning were small, it wouldn't cover the loss when a favorite fell. It was never really a system of any note.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    And that statement ends in a preposition..... :coat:

Thanks for that. These systems never work in the long run.

What happened to Victor!!! Did he self-combust after a long night of alcohol fuelled rage and trolling?

What happened to Cedric?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    What happened to Cedric?
    Can't believe how serious some people take this site, I thought he was hilarious.

Yes.

It got a little heated because he'd write up a large summary of games, and then choose to put £300 on Celtic or Rangers.

When it started to struggle people used to then point out that this would always happen one day, and because his winning were small, it wouldn't cover the loss when a favorite fell. It was never really a system of any note.
    That's how I remember it. A lot of bluster, one weekend, about scouring the leagues of Europe and he picked 1st vs 23rd in League 1 (Wolves v Shrewsbury). Even when the bets came in, it was painfully slow because there was one 1.15 per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I think it's from legal circles where you should definitely never ask a question you don't know the answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Cumberdale View Post
    Can't believe how serious some people take this site, I thought he was hilarious.
    I'm not being serious about anything, I found him amusing too, just asking why he stopped posting

Yes.

Just remembered the nick, I think.....Blue Plato, wasn't it?

I am shit at recognising writing style but are muff and feedy still around ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    I am shit at recognising writing style but are muff and feedy still around ?
    Feedback has never lost an argument on here. That's his take on things anyway

Just remembered the nick, I think.....Blue Plato, wasn't it?
    Blue Plato and All Seeing Eye were the same poster. He was like a Marmite character on here. Some liked him and some disliked him. I thought he was a decent enough poster personally, but he had a great ability to wind up certain posters.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Blue Plato and All Seeing Eye were the same poster. He was like a Marmite character on here. Some liked him and some disliked him. I thought he was a decent enough poster personally, but he had a great ability to wind up certain posters.
    He was alright, he was one of these internet millionaires, who had muscles all over, had an amazing job and family, could fly a plane, carry two elephants in each hand, but would argue with you for an entire evening if you suggested his betting system was a bit flawed.

His posts would go on for hours but were interesting to read sometimes.

You cant get too involved, or obsessed by characters on message boards. He was certainly a character who took people in.

He was alright, he was one of these internet millionaires, who had muscles all over, had an amazing job and family, could fly a plane, carry two elephants in each hand, but would argue with you for an entire evening if you suggested his betting system was a bit flawed.

His posts would go on for hours but were interesting to read sometimes.

You cant get too involved, or obsessed by characters on message boards. He was certainly a character who took people in.
    And who can forget the unfortunate priapic incident in a nightclub with the bit of top-end scrunt who doubled up as his wife?
    Some people on here deride those who go to certain fast food outlets but she could have done with a Big Mac that night.

And who can forget the unfortunate priapic incident in a nightclub with the bit of top-end scrunt who doubled up as his wife?
    Some people on here deride those who go to certain fast food outlets but she could have done with a Big Mac that night.
    Wasn't that Feedback not Blue Plato?

Yes it was, 100%.

Yes, you're right. Apologies to Blue Plato/ASE.

Yes.

What made it more laughable was that the All Seeing Eye used to then claim that, from his supposed £10,000 starting point, that when he got to £10,500 he had made a 105% profit and so this was a vaiable alternative to any other investment plan.

Banned

Started off telling a little white lie that no one took any notice of,then mrs Steve R slipped it,quite innocently I'm sure,into another thread and all hell broke loose