+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paralympics 2016

Paralympics 2016

The recent able-bodied Olympics attracted lots of attention and many threads here with posters expressing pride in the achievements of British competitors. British Paralympians are second in the medals table, and yet nobody gives two hoots. Why's that?

Re: Paralympics 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The recent able-bodied Olympics attracted lots of attention and many threads here with posters expressing pride in the achievements of British competitors. British Paralympians are second in the medals table, and yet nobody gives two hoots. Why's that?

I totally agree,

I was watch this earlier one word

amazing

https://mobile.twitter.com/bendepear...84708449947649

When it was in London it seemed to be on the TV as much as the Olympics, but I've barely seen any of this Paralympics on.

It's also perhaps a drawback that it is happening after a continuous stream of sport on TV over the recent months, including The Euros, Wimbledon, Cricket, The Tour de France, The Olympics, golf and the spats on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's also perhaps a drawback that it is happening after a continuous stream of sport on TV over the recent months, including The Euros, Wimbledon, Cricket, The Tour de France, The Olympics, golf and the spats on here.
    All that happened in 2012 too.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    All that happened in 2012 too.
    Indeed - but being a home event and being shown on our own time zone probably helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Indeed - but being a home event and being shown on our own time zone probably helped.
    Absolutely. I think this is the main reason, not the competition of other events.