+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Cameron about to do a Tony Blair?

Is Cameron about to do a Tony Blair?

Re: Is Cameron about to do a Tony Blair?

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    Would you really expect any other view from the Canary?

Banned

Is there any reason this couldn't have gone in the other cameron thread?

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Is there any reason this couldn't have gone in the other cameron thread?
    Would it be CCMB if there wasn't 8 threads about the same topic?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Would it be CCMB if there wasn't 8 threads about the same topic?

I think some posters have a desperate need to see their names on the board,gives them a bit of a boost in their otherwise meaningless lives.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    I think some posters have a desperate need to see their names on the board,gives them a bit of a boost in their otherwise meaningless lives.
    This forum definatlely needs an admin to merge all threads that are similar. Way way too many topics on exactly the same thing.

Afraid not as Cameron comes across as a half decent person. Not like the scummer blair that Labour voters voted into power 3 times.

One of the comments said he has no morals because of his time at Eton. Get real, go through university today and you see far, farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr worse.

Running a country is not like playing football manager.

There needs to be order. You cannot turn everything on its head as Corbyn followers suggest.

It is telling the main stain against cameron is "FOOD BANKS", as if poverty didn't exist during Labours "stints". More food banks is a positive not a negative. There is less of a stigma attached and more people are using.

And no, he won't be remember as the cause of us leaving the EU. That will be a stain on the EU's name, not Cameron. Who simply gave his people the choice to vote. People who hate him will also claim it to be his legacy but not for me!.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 14-09-16 at 10:05.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    It is telling the main stain against cameron is "FOOD BANKS", as if poverty didn't exist during Labours "stints". More food banks is a positive not a negative. There is less of a stigma attached and more people are using
    Wow.

Wow.
    What.

More food banks are being created. Coverage on social media has led to it.

Labour did far more to put people into poverty than the Tories ever did.

Labour voters talk as if Tory policy has directly resulted in the entire use of food banks.

And food has never, ever been cheaper.

We are talking about a country with a budget of nearly a trillion quid. People in that country have to rely on charity in order to eat. Does that not imply a failure of government to you?

We are talking about a country with a budget of nearly a trillion quid. People in that country have to rely on charity in order to eat. Does that not imply a failure of government to you?
    To remove poverty from the UK, any government would go down in history.

Have you asked yourself that?.

If the Tories could, they would. As would labour or anyone else.

We live in a capitalist system. There will always be people who do not do well.

That is a fact of life. The UK puts everything in place for you to succeed.

I had no idea about the sheer size of our pension liabilities. Have a look at our outgoings before you suggest we have a surplus.

And the government does provide for the poor, it is called welfare.

Afraid not as Cameron comes across as a half decent person. Not like the scummer blair that Labour voters voted into power 3 times.

One of the comments said he has no morals because of his time at Eton. Get real, go through university today and you see far, farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr worse.

Running a country is not like playing football manager.

There needs to be order. You cannot turn everything on its head as Corbyn followers suggest.

It is telling the main stain against cameron is "FOOD BANKS", as if poverty didn't exist during Labours "stints". More food banks is a positive not a negative. There is less of a stigma attached and more people are using.

And no, he won't be remember as the cause of us leaving the EU. That will be a stain on the EU's name, not Cameron. Who simply gave his people the choice to vote. People who hate him will also claim it to be his legacy but not for me!.

Jesus.

I have no words.

What.

What.
    If you need me to tell you then I'm wasting my time here.

Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    If you need me to tell you then I'm wasting my time here.

Bye.
    Top debater.

Top debater.
    Mass debater actually.

Is it my food banks comment you have issue with?.

To remove poverty from the UK, any government would go down in history.

If the Tories could, they would. As would labour or anyone else.

We live in a capitalist system. There will always be people who do not do well.

That is a fact of life. The UK puts everything in place for you to succeed.

I had no idea about the sheer size of our pension liabilities. Have a look at our outgoings before you suggest we have a surplus.

And the government does provide for the poor, it is called welfare.
    That first sentence is a statement.

Before we deal with this extra dose of cliched waffle, let's go back a few posts. You said:

More food banks is a positive not a negative.
    Are you sticking with this? In your estimations would we be a better country if more people had to rely on charitable donations in order to eat?

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    This probably helped him make up his mind to quit, as well: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37356873

Ye mate I wake up each morning hoping people don't have money to eat.

Before we deal with this extra dose of cliched waffle, let's go back a few posts. You said:

Are you sticking with this? In your estimations would we be a better country if more people had to rely on charitable donations in order to eat?
    One reason food bank use was lower under the last Labour government was because Labour refused to allow Job Centres to refer benefit claimants to food banks.

There is no stigma, food is cheaper, there is more social media coverage leading to more people volunteering - More people donating.

People can try to claim the Tories invented poverty.

Twice as many people use food banks in france than the UK.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2013/06/w...ur-food-banks/

Times were not better 20 years ago when food banks we not prevalent. Their increase is because of coverage and the fact people have disposable income and the want to help others.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 14-09-16 at 15:23.

Feedback

I don't think that is what is being said at all and it is a sad indictment of politics in the UK that everything is spun into a negative rather than taking the comment in context.

foodbanks by and large are bad, but if we do have inequality, then it has to be a good thing that more foodbanks are available so less people go hungry. Now that is of course bigging up the cure rather then preventing the problem - but no government has ever eradicated poverty or inequality.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I don't think that is what is being said at all and it is a sad indictment of politics in the UK that everything is spun into a negative rather than taking the comment in context.

foodbanks by and large are bad, but if we do have inequality, then it has to be a good thing that more foodbanks are available so less people go hungry. Now that is of course bigging up the cure rather then preventing the problem - but no government has ever eradicated poverty or inequality.
    Blimey.

I didn't take it out of context, he has since confirmed that what he said was exactly what he meant.

He, on the other hand, has taken almost every word I have written out of context.

What exactly do we expect of the government of the 5th largest economy in the world?

One reason food bank use was lower under the last Labour government was because Labour refused to allow Job Centres to refer benefit claimants to food banks.

There is no stigma, food is cheaper, there is more social media coverage leading to more people volunteering - More people donating.

People can try to claim the Tories invented poverty.

Twice as many people use food banks in france than the UK.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2013/06/w...ur-food-banks/

Times were not better 20 years ago when food banks we not prevalent. Their increase is because of coverage and the fact people have disposable income and the want to help others.
    So what you are saying is that the need for foodbanks hasn't risen and that the reason for the rise in use is the lack of a social stigma?

Where were people in poverty getting their food from before this?
    Last edited by Eric Cartman; 14-09-16 at 15:42.

Blimey.

I didn't take it out of context, he has since confirmed that what he said was exactly what he meant.

He, on the other hand, has taken almost every word I have written out of context.

What exactly do we expect of the government of the 5th largest economy in the world?
    I didn't confirm anything.

You suggest I hope that more and more people use food banks.

Not even close to what I am saying.